[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

Quote from: Blizzard on August 17, 2008, 07:42:37 amAs for the damage display, it would be easier to make an add-on that displays more than one damage number. -_-

I may not have been absolutely clear, but that was what I meant... you press the button once, but the character/enemy/skill can be setup to display damage/ X, X times...

Just an aesthetics thing...

For instance instead of a character with a machinegun doing a solid 200 damage per attack, he could do one attack, but display 10 damage counters worth 20 damage, still the same amount of damage, but it gives more (visual) diversity in the types of characters there are.

And believe me, if I knew any more about ruby scripting than I do, I'd do it myself, along with any number of other things, and submit them here. Unfortunately I still have a long way to go before I can match your scripting efficiency...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

August 17, 2008, 07:41:35 pm #681 Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:47:29 pm by Blizzard
I know exactly what you mean. It was me who was not perfectly clear. Problem is that something like that would increase lag as well. But oh well, I might just add it anyway. I need to remodel the damage display handling anyway.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

Quote from: Blizzard on August 17, 2008, 07:41:35 pm
I know exactly what you mean. It was me who was not perfectly clear. Problem is that something like that would increase lag as well. But oh well, I might just add it anyway. I need to remodel the damage display handling anyway.

When you said remodel, it gave me another idea...(in case you haven't noticed that happens to me a lot.)

Anyway, I don't know how practical or difficult it would be, but for the aesthetics, you could add an option for diagonal sprites if the 8 direction movement is flagged ON. (not that it really needs it, but it would make a nice smooth walk/run/etc sequence... aside from the aesthetics though, it would be useless...)

And just so I don't come off wrong, I'm not nitpicking, just making (potentially...?) helpful suggestions.

Also, I'd like to state that almost all I know about ruby, I learned while trying to figure out what your code does. If I ever get a handle on ruby, you can bet I'll release a few expansions to the Blizz-ABS system...

I think it has the potential to be the ultimate add-on for RMXP.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

No, it's ok. Somebody asked already for 8 direction sprites and I'm not sure how compatible it would be with the other sprite systems. I'll see about that.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

I set the blizz abs controls so page down is q like it normally is but I'm having a problem. I have a conditional so that if L (Q) is pressed it will call a common event but it won't work when I'm using the blizz abs, but it works fine without the abs :???:

Aqua

Use this in the conditional:

Input.trigger?(Input::Key['Q'])

Hellfire Dragon

Thanks, that works perfectly!

Jragyn

Maybe these are just configuration problems on my behalf, but I'm having control issues if I switch buttons around with the custom controlling, namely one being that if I move the run button and jump button to something other than their default, I cannot run and jump.

i.e.
I move buttons around so that the 'J' is for jump, and run is 'N' or something, and whenever I run and try to jump, I just come to a complete halt and jump in place.
:P Is this all me? Or something more?

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Aqua

Did you check that the keys are not already in use?

And... are you holding the moving keys first before you jump?

Kukulkan

August 21, 2008, 11:49:21 pm #689 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:44:20 am by Kukulkan
Hi again!

Having troubles with set event location again  :'(

I can't seem to make an enemy change it's location, ergo the function isn't working properly...

Edit:

Tried using the battleflow commands, but neither Name change or enemy transform helped me. Kept getting script syntax errors...

Blizzard

August 22, 2008, 05:40:26 am #690 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:42:17 am by Blizzard
You haven't typed the commands properly. Copy-paste them from the manual and you will see that you will get no syntax error. Then edit the command so it works how you need it to work. I will fix the bug with set event location in the next version.

Quote from: jragyn00 on August 21, 2008, 10:25:25 pm
Maybe these are just configuration problems on my behalf, but I'm having control issues if I switch buttons around with the custom controlling, namely one being that if I move the run button and jump button to something other than their default, I cannot run and jump.

i.e.
I move buttons around so that the 'J' is for jump, and run is 'N' or something, and whenever I run and try to jump, I just come to a complete halt and jump in place.
:P Is this all me? Or something more?

--JeR

Have you set up the "No Jump Terrain Tags" right? Somebody else once had the same issue and it was all his fault. I can't remember what he did wrong, though. You are using v1.99, right?

Kukulkan

August 22, 2008, 09:16:35 am #691 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:25:04 am by Kukulkan
    QuoteI will fix the bug with set event location in the next version.

That would be greeeat n.n

Well I wrote the command just as it was on the manual

$game_map.rename_event(EVENT_ID, 'NEW_NAME')

Event ID- 1
    New Name Trax \\e[9] \a[01000001]

$game_map.rename_event(001, 'Trax \\e[9] \a[01000001]')

Works perfectly if I just call for the script.

EDIT:

Seems to work fine, I've been using the "set move route" with no problems it even allows me to do almost every command...but...

:'(

I get the error whenever I try to change the name and the graphic of an event. (but maybe tha'ts because of the name change), and I still can't change the enemy's location...I get 2 bugs

The event is moved but it returns to its origin after it's turned into an enemy

It just doesn't work, the event never changes its location.

Oh well, thanx anyway, guess I'll have to figure out what to do till the bug is fixed ^^U, maybe movingthe event for a while and then changing the name.
    [/list]

Blizzard

It's probably again the in_battle flag. -_- BTW, the new command for AI is \ai['SETTING'] and not \a['SETTING'] anymore.

Kukulkan

August 22, 2008, 10:10:22 am #693 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:25:16 am by Kukulkan
    oh, typho error

¿In_battle_flag? Please forgive me if I don't get it...

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 05:40:26 am
    I will fix the bug with set event location in the next version.

Quote from: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 09:53:10 am
    It's probably again the in_battle flag.

Hellfire Dragon

August 23, 2008, 05:03:00 pm #695 Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:09:02 pm by Hellfire Dragon
    Hey I have a problem with the jump. It works fine, but is thre a way to stop the player from jumping into the middle of the water say? Like If I have a small, I want the player to be able to jump it, but i don't want to able to jump into an ocean. And also, when you do jump into the middle of something, you're able to jump back out, it kinda looks dumb, jumping in water... :P
    Screenshot: ShowHide

^------- I don't want that happening :P

Aqua

No Jump Tag will prevent you from landing in the water.

Just add the same tag to every water tile as the one you set up in the config.

Hellfire Dragon

Alright that stopped me from landing on the water but now I can't jump over the smaller parts :(

Blizzard

Don't add the tag to water tiles, add them to empty impassable tiles which you then scatter over the water tiles. Also, you can't jump into water if it's not passable. O.o;

Hellfire Dragon

Okay, well, I found this

$game_system.caterpillar = 
    POSSIBLE_VALUE

So, I changed POSSIBLE_VALUE to true and it enabled caterpillar but when I change it to false it disables caterpillar, but freezes the game :( I wanted to disable the HUD for cutscenes as well so I changed it to
    $game_system.hud = 
    POSSIBLE_VALUE

Same thing happened again, it will disable the HUD but it freezes the game... :???: