[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

diablosbud

I don't have them all in one slot, and this is the order they are in inside the script editor.

Part1
Part2
Part3

Is that the proper order? Also you were saying that it was because one item was being dropped, what do you mean do I have to use a multi-item dropper because I am planning on using the one from tons of addons because I need one for my game anyway?

Starrodkirby86

That seems to be the proper order...Now the only problem may be if the script has some version inconsistencies. Now, I just peeped in to say that...I feel so naughty. ;_;

The Multi-Item dropper from TOA "probably" only works for the Battle_Scene (aka DBS and etc.) and not the ABS. That's what I'm assuming...just an assumption.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Aqua

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0
Make sure your scripts are in the right order ^^^^

And multi-drop from Tons works with Blizz-ABS flawlessly... :)

Blizzard

I second Aqua on that. It even works flawlessly with the corpse system. :D

@diablosbud: Upload your Scripts.rxdata and I will take a look at it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Morality

Hey, this ABS is great, but for some reason when my game starts my guy can't move and I can't access the menu.

Starrodkirby86

Custom controls overridden the default controls for RMXP. Try WASD as your arrow keys and H as the selection button. Now, you can config this using the B-ABS Config application so then you can make it to your liking. Config the controls, save the configuration, generate the configuration script from the .exe, and paste that into Part 1. This is probably the case...D:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Morality

September 01, 2008, 12:08:44 pm #726 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:12:35 pm by Morality
I don't think so. I did all you told me to do prior to replying. He still won't move.

EDIT: I fixed it.

Aqua

Part 1 lines 34-55
What do you have...?

This is mine:
Spoiler: ShowHide
    CUSTOM_CONTROLS = true
    DISABLE_DEFAULT = true
    UP = "Key['W'], Key['Arrow Up']"
    LEFT = "Key['A'], Key['Arrow Left']"
    DOWN = "Key['S'], Key['Arrow Down']"
    RIGHT = "Key['D'], Key['Arrow Right']"
    PREVPAGE = "Key['Q']"
    NEXTPAGE = "Key['E']"
    CONFIRM = "Key['H'], Key['Enter']"
    CANCEL = "Key['F'], Key['Esc']"
    ATTACK = "Key['K'], Key['Space']"
    DEFEND = "Key['8']"
    SKILL = "Key['J']"
    ITEM = "Key['I']"
    SELECT = "Key['O']"
    HUD = "Key['Z']"
    HOTKEY = "Key['X']"
    MINIMAP = "Key['C']"
    RUN = "Key['M']"
    SNEAK = "Key['.']"
    JUMP = "Key[',']"
    TURN = "Key['U']"

Shadonking

for some reason i cant pick up items any more, i even have pick up on touch on but that doesnt work.

this happend last time and then after about 2 weeks it fixed itself.

wierd :huh:

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Morality

How would I go about editing the HUD? I would go into the script and do it from what I see, but I don't want to screw the script up. There is just somethings I want added and removed, and some picture support as well.

Aqua

Quote from: shadonking on September 01, 2008, 12:48:47 pm
for some reason i cant pick up items any more, i even have pick up on touch on but that doesnt work.

this happend last time and then after about 2 weeks it fixed itself.

wierd :huh:

That happened to me before but I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it... sorry

Quote from: Morality on September 01, 2008, 01:07:18 pm
How would I go about editing the HUD? I would go into the script and do it from what I see, but I don't want to screw the script up. There is just somethings I want added and removed, and some picture support as well.

Part 3, line 4811

That's where the HUD class is

Shadonking

what did you want to do with the HUD.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Blizzard

Your best bet is to find a scripter that can make you a custom HUD or create a script that alters Blizz-ABS HUD to your likings.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Morality

Well I am a novice scripter and can probably interpret it enough to do some editing.

Shadonking

i wouldent, it would be safer and easyer to disable it and script a different one. that way you cant ruin the abs script.

just ask for a script request for a HUD script and there are good scripters that will make what you need.

this is an incredbly helpful site dont be scared of asking.

Fantasist made me a HUD script and its great, you should ask him.

]

Blizzard

That's true, you should copy-paste the class in a new slot and start editing. You could also take the slight HUD edit that I did in the CRLS compatibility plugin to see how you can do it the best way.

Morality

Well, because I am a risk taker, I did. I was successful. All I did was add a bar that runs off two variables Energy and MaxEnergy. The only thing, is that this number cannot exceed 100. I have a common event set to set it back to 100 if it ever goes over and back to 0 if ever goes under, yah dah yah dah. However when I go over to test if it works right, the bar I have set for EN extends out of it's reach. So I was just wondering if their is a way to prohibit this.  :haha:

Aqua

self.bitmap.gradient_bar(x+40, y, w, c1[0], c1[1], c1[2], rate/100.0)

I'm assuming that your bar code looks something like that.  You just need to add a /100.0 after the rate so it'll draw the bar correctly.

Morality

That didn't quite do it. That just removed the fill. Here is my bar code:
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # draw_en
  #  Draws the Energy display.
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def draw_en
    # set current variables
    @en, @maxen = $game_variables[1], $game_variables[2]
    # set fill rate
    rate = (@maxen > 0 ? @en.to_f / @maxen : 0)
    # draw gradient bar
    self.bitmap.gradient_bar_hud(@en_x+32, @en_y+3, 114, rate/100.0, 1)
    # set font color depending on how many HP left
    self.bitmap.font.color = @en == 0 ? knockout_color :
        @en <= @maxen / 4 ? crisis_color : normal_color
    # draw HP
    self.bitmap.draw_text_full(@en_x+38, @en_y, 48, 20, $game_variables[1].to_s, 2)
    # set color
    self.bitmap.font.color = normal_color
    # draw "/"
    self.bitmap.draw_text_full(@en_x+86, @en_y, 12, 20, '/', 1)
    # draw max HP
    self.bitmap.draw_text_full(@en_x+98, @en_y, 48, 20, $game_variables[2].to_s)
  end

Blizzard

You don't need the "/100.0" if you already used @en.to_f / @maxen.
Let's see, @en is the current energy, @maxen the maximum. It's drawing a gradient bar width 144, color type 1 at position @en_x+32, @en_y+3. I don't see anything wrong. Are you sure that you have limited those variables right? Also, if you are using a common event parallel process, have you turned on the precondition switch for it?