[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchking

Hey, just wondering if there is a way to make your level up's more detailed. Like having it say what stats/skills you learn?  If anyone would have the propecr scripts to fit in with my current ABS Set up, that would be awesome. Any help eppreciated.

Blizzard

September 06, 2008, 05:26:13 am #761 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:31:21 am by Blizzard
You need custom script for that. And there was a discussion why this is a very bad idea: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=117.msg33635#msg33635
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Rymdpotatis

I've read the user manual but I still don't quite understand skills. I understand what the different def self's do, but I can't seem to link it to my skills nor give them graphics.

module Skills

def self.type(id)
      return [DIRECT, 0.0]
    end

def self.range(id)
      return 1.0
    end

def self.penalty(id)
      return 24
    end

def self.charge(id)
      return [0, 0]
    end

def self.trap(id)
      return 10
    end

end

An example would be nice so that I could see how I should set things up, for example a classic magic missile that basically just shoots in the direction your looking.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shadonking

Quote from: lynchking on September 05, 2008, 10:19:28 pm
Hey, just wondering if there is a way to make your level up's more detailed. Like having it say what stats/skills you learn?  If anyone would have the propecr scripts to fit in with my current ABS Set up, that would be awesome. Any help eppreciated.

iv only got one character in my game would it still bad to have this.

i dont want the stats shown but just the new skills that have just been learnt. is that possible.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

It is possible, but I am not making it.

Shadonking

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Morality

September 06, 2008, 08:29:37 pm #767 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:35:22 pm by Morality
When my character shoots I get an error that says I don't have a character named 'item_044'. What's that?

EDIT: Fixed it.

Makasu

Not to rush anything or anything like that but I'm curious as to how progress towards 2.0 is going Blizz? Just out of curiosity.

And also I was wondering if there is a different way to have an animation for unarmed than 'spriteblah_atk1.png'? because I've noticed that atk1 is for sword and unarmed as well.  :???: just curious. Love this ABS. It easily trumps mo's. Hands down.

Keep it up and I'm anxiously await 2.0 +
Dead on Arrival is the name of my project. Topic thread coming sooner or later.

Me on deviantart.com
My talents: ShowHide

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating
             PM now for a personal quote!
[[Will draw character art for you for $$$ or scripts!]]

Aqua

2.0 will hopefully come out in 2 months or so...
Blizz is gonna finish up CP first before he works on it.

Now about the unarmed animation...
Quote from: Blizz-ABS Manual
3.5.1. self.type
In this method you can define which type your weapons will be. The options you have are:
1. sword / axe / claws / unarmed / etc. (damages in close front)
2. spear / lance (damages only in front)
3. flail (distant weapon, does not damage close enemies, front)
4. boomerang (returning projectile weapon, front)
5. bow and arrow / gun / shuriken (non-returning projectile, NO consumption)
6. bow and arrow / gun (non-returning projectile, consumes AMMUNITION)
7. shuriken (non-returning projectile, consumes ITSELF)

No, sword and unarmed (along with axe, claws, and etc.) count as weapons that damage in close front so they use the same animation.

Makasu

Whoa thats a long time.  :P guess I'll just have to wait until then.

And grr I was wondering about that because what if unarmed has no weapon equipped but I don't have weapon sprites on either y'know? Then it just looks rather foolish to be swinging around a sword [[for example]] and it not do any damage.
:/

Thank you for the info! greatly appreciated. :D

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Starrodkirby86

If the 0 damage is really being an issue, you can always change the default battle algorithms to make it so there's actually damage inflicting with your weapons...Here's a link:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1754.0

I'm a giant mundane on this subject and it's not really helping at all, but oh well, least I can do I suppose.

And :welcome: by the way.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Makasu

No hahah  :^_^': I've already changed the algorithm for the damage. I was just curious as to wondering if there was a way to have a seperate animation.

Lets say like when I'm unarmed I have a kick animation
'spriteblah_atk0' [[0 for like unarmed animations or whatever]]

but when I have lets say Broad sword equipped it'd be
'spriteblah_atk1'

I was curious as to if I could do that but seeing as how its not possible then well grr.
Lol

Because yeah it just looks foolish to me to have a sword swinging animation [[I'm not using the default RTP]] and it be the same for an unarmed animation as well y'know?

Oh and thank you. :) I've lurked around here for quite a while now I was just to shy to register I guess?  :shy: I like this community it seems very mellow and helpful.

Greatly appreciated. I think I'll like it here.

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Aqua

Well, you could turn on weapon sprites on, make char_atk1.png a blank png, and have the character sprite using weapons/kicking in char_atk1_weapon/kicking.png

Makasu

September 07, 2008, 11:55:23 am #774 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:57:26 am by Makasu
Y'know that just might work! :) I never thought about that.

Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated.

But if I don't have a weapon equipped wouldn't it still search for a weapon no?

because I think I may have tried this and it was like "unable to find spriteblah_atk1_" and thats it. :/ I'll check it out though!

EDIT: oh and while this may seem rather stupid of me I was wondering what the Animated player thing does. I've read the manual about 6 times to figure it out but nothing immediately comes to mind.

Would it be like an idle animation for if the player isn't moving or is it just like say I have misc sprites in my party. Like they're there for a rescue kinda mission would that mean that I wouldn't have to make like a 'civ_jmp' spriteset for them or what? I'm kinda confused by that.

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Aqua

Quote from: Blizz-ABS Manual:  2.1. Basic Configuration
2.1.3. Animated Actors
When a party member is standing, his spriteset will be animated if he was added to the list of animated actors (i.e. a floating party member). This mainly applies and makes sense if the Caterpillar option is turned on, but it can also just animate the party leader.

Yeah, it's basically idle animation.

Makasu

September 07, 2008, 12:41:32 pm #776 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:59:09 pm by Makasu
lol damn I missed that completely. Hahaha :D thank you. I'd be completely lost I think.

Another question on this though. I'm looking at the guide but its not saying anything about how I'd switch what I'd want it to do. So like if i'd want my character to breathe instead of constantly walk how would I go about changing that?

Would it be like 'spriteblah_idle' Or something like that?

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Blizzard

I haven't implemented "sprite_idl" yet. For now it only animates the character. i.e. if you have a floating character, it would look pretty stupid if he suddenly would stop in the air. As Aqua said, it's basically "Stop Animation" like in the events turned on for party members.

Makasu

Ahhh very good. :]

So I have no real need for this as of yet?

Thanks so much Blizzard! Greatly appreciated.

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Shadonking

iv just got the visiual equipmet script and it looks great but there is one or two little problem.

it looks wierd with the blizz abs becuase when you run it just doent look right and when you make the amour look like running but then it always swiches armour when running, the attack sprites also do not look good when attacking etc etc.

is there a way to mod this script to fit with the sprites that blizz abs uses.

]