[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2008, 03:07:18 pm
Name the defending spriteset the same as the original and add "_def" (without the double quotes) at the end. Also, turn on "Actor Action Sprites". This is all basically written in the manual.

And how do i turn it on?

Aqua

Part 1 of Blizz-ABS...

Last part of the Config section.

Blizzard

Either use the configuration application and turn it on there (Animations & Sprites tab) or set the variables ACTOR_ACTION_SPRITES to true.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2008, 03:56:40 pm
Either use the configuration application and turn it on there (Animations & Sprites tab) or set the variables ACTOR_ACTION_SPRITES to true.

Ok thanks.  i set the ACTOR_ACTION_SPRITES to true.

I got everything ready that i can think of.  And i've basically got a good idea on how this script works.  Thank You.  ^^

Vein Pyroclasm

hmm, hey Blizz i have a question ((yea another one))

How come when a character swings their weapon while facing down, they seem to like jump 3 or 4 blocks towards the top and then return to the normal spot O.o?

Aqua

You have to set the Y-Offset for Actors.  When the weapon reaches veeeery far, this is used to make the sprites work.

The Y-Offset of the weapon template from CoSLAL is 112.

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Aqua on October 28, 2008, 08:12:49 pm
You have to set the Y-Offset for Actors.  When the weapon reaches veeeery far, this is used to make the sprites work.

The Y-Offset of the weapon template from CoSLAL is 112.

ahh, ok thank you

Sin86

October 28, 2008, 10:56:25 pm #927 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:26:57 am by Sin86
Hey Blizz, it's been awhile since I last posted here. I found a new error in Blizz ABS part 2 version 1.99.

"Script 'Blizz 2' line 3143: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `hp' for nil:NilClass"

I believe this happens if you kill one enemy and that enemy is in the process of disappearing from the map while another enemy attacks you at the same time. Last time I got it was on an enemy that had an add variable event onto it.

UPDATE: In the new version of 1.99, replace 3143 with 3115.

Blizzard

October 29, 2008, 08:39:43 am #928 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:57:54 am by Blizzard
Change the error giving line:

to_heal = allies.find_all {|b| b.battler.hp < b.battler.maxhp}

to this one:

to_heal = allies.find_all {|b| !b.dead? && b.battler.hp < b.battler.maxhp}

I'll add a full fix in the next version.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

Hey Blizz, I looked through the manuals (I have 2 PDF's and a Word Document..) and didn't see anything pertaining to this... I hate to seem like a nublet if I've missed something, but is it possible to make NPC characters that can both be talked to and can still fight monters?

I tried creating a critter with an action button trigger to 'display text' but upon prodding said critter with my action button several times... I couldn't illicit a response from the apparent deaf-mute NPC.... >.>

Is it impossible or am I just doing something wrong?

Events are replaced when they are defined as enemies aren't they...? Which is why my event trigger didn't work? Is there a way to use the 'Monster Action' in the mob DB to make text? (as opposed to defining it in the event...)
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

October 29, 2008, 09:00:42 am #930 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:33:09 am by Blizzard
Yeah, you technically can't speak to critters. You have the either transform them from event to critter or a more complicated way if you want to do vice versa. >_> I will fix this by adding custom triggers right after 2.0. I think that in 2.0 I will add ONLY the basic Ally AI. I will add the extra stuff regarding the AI later. And that means that 2.0 will be out soon. *waits for people going crazy after reading the last sentence*

Satoh

*is immune due to already being mostly insane*

But that's awesome still. I can't wait to have party members that are more useful than cancerous lumps!
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

legacyblade

SOON!!!!!!! HOW SOON IS SOON? AHAHAHAAHAH, V2.0 WILL BE OUT SOON!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHA! (is that crazy enough? XD)

Blizzard

Depens on how long it takes for me to make it work. :P I'll skip CP Beta 1 for now since it shouldn't take long. I will promise nothing, though. Just wait and you will be surpised. :P

legacyblade

Yes, I can't wait to have party AI ^_^ Then blizzABS will pwn.

Shadonking

so what new features will v2.0 have, i know there will be ally AI but what else will it have.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Aqua

Quote from: Blizzard on October 29, 2008, 09:00:42 am
I think that in 2.0 I will add ONLY the basic Ally AI. I will add the extra stuff regarding the AI later. And that means that 2.0 will be out soon. *waits for people going crazy after reading the last sentence*

Shadon:  Read ^ quote...

*goes crazy*  OMA!!! 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadonking

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Vein Pyroclasm

How do you make an intro with Abs?  I usually make my intros by making the char transparent and using a series of pictures on a black tileset.  But when I just tried that, the bar with the characters health and the clock for my environment system just blinked and nothing happened.

legacyblade

On the starting map, make a parallel process event with the following script call

$game_system.hud = false
$game_system.hotkeys = false
$game_system.minimap = 0
$game_system.hud_button = false
$game_system.hotkey_button = false
$game_system.minimap_button = false

That will hide everything in the hud, and make it so the player can't turn them on. Make sure to, when you want the hud to function normally, execute the following code in a script call

$game_system.hud = true
$game_system.hotkeys = true
$game_system.minimap = 1
$game_system.hud_button = true
$game_system.hotkey_button = true
$game_system.minimap_button = true

If you want a list of all these functions, look in 3.2 utilities in the blizzABS user manual.