[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

Quote from: Pyhankoski on July 09, 2009, 10:15:36 am
Don´t know if this has been asked before, but is there a way to do something liket this:
When you attack, or you get attacked, there would come i.e a small picture somewhere to show that you´re in a battle situation? Or could i automatically change the map BGM to something else, when you´re in a fight?

Help please?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Pyhankoski on July 13, 2009, 10:22:17 am
Quote from: Pyhankoski on July 09, 2009, 10:15:36 am
Don´t know if this has been asked before, but is there a way to do something liket this:
When you attack, or you get attacked, there would come i.e a small picture somewhere to show that you´re in a battle situation? Or could i automatically change the map BGM to something else, when you´re in a fight?

Help please?

Do you use that function that BlizzABS is only used when enemies are in the ABSEAL range? That would make it easier.
If not, I made a common event for that.^^

Holyrapid

July 13, 2009, 10:31:16 am #2283 Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:33:00 am by Pyhankoski
I´m not sure :P I have ABSEAL autokill on... So, you tell me
Oh, and are the custom enemy collapses comptible with BABS? I mean it would be nice to make them bosses vanish and die with style...

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Pyhankoski on July 13, 2009, 10:31:16 am
I´m not sure :P I have ABSEAL autokill on... So, you tell me

You probably don't use that function then :P

Here's my common event. You can use it if you want.^^ Only needs a little modification for that picture thing.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Holyrapid

Cool, thanks. I´d try it, except the script isn´t showing... To be honest, i propably won´t know hash from string... or something evnly dumb and noobish about scripting.

Blizzard

There's already a topic about it. Since you are too lazy to search, I was too lazy to post.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

Quote from: Pyhankoski on July 13, 2009, 10:31:16 am
Oh, and are the custom enemy collapses comptible with BABS? I mean it would be nice to make them bosses vanish and die with style...

There's a destruction animation for a reason... o.o

winkio

As I was bored and thinking about random stuff, I realized that someone could probably make a tower defense game with Blizz-ABS by using a few items, common events, and setting up a database of enemies and towers.  I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how long it takes me.

fugibo

Quote from: winkio on July 14, 2009, 02:43:40 pm
As I was bored and thinking about random stuff, I realized that someone could probably make a tower defense game with Blizz-ABS by using a few items, common events, and setting up a database of enemies and towers.  I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how long it takes me.

Wouldn't that be kinda overkill? The only parts that would actually be useful are Input, the enemy AI (and only a tiny portion of it, unless you decide to go way beyond what typical tower defense games offer), and the AoE stuff.

winkio

Oh yeah, it wouldn't even come close to using everything Blizz-ABS has.  I was just talking about making a quick little game that was different to show the possibilities.  Like Star G.

fugibo

Quote from: winkio on July 14, 2009, 02:59:45 pm
Oh yeah, it wouldn't even come close to using everything Blizz-ABS has.  I was just talking about making a quick little game that was different to show the possibilities.  Like Star G.

Best of luck, then. Be sure to tell us what you learn from it -- it'd make a great mini-game ;)

winkio

I'm also eventually going to open up a Blizz-ABS HUD request station.  Because, seriously, EVERYONE wants their own.  Might not happen for a month or two though.

Blizzard

I don't see a problem with the idea, LF. As winkio already said, nobody forces you to use every single feature of Blizz-ABS in a game. You can make good games by using just a very limited set of features.

Colinoliver

Hey hey!
I am having a little trouble and was woundering if I could get some help. I've read through the manual but still having troubles.
My trouble is with weapon sprites. Is there a way to have two weapons of the same weapon type to look different? For example; The weapon "Shortsword" is a weapon type: Sword, and ofcorse looks like a sword. When I create another weapon say "Battleaxe" and it is a weapon type: Sword, the visual animation still is that of the sword.
I have from what I can tell the proper sprites in order. The weapons also have unique icons named proper too.

Here is what I have.
Sprite list:
Charactername (Spriteset of the character)
Charactername_atk1 (Spriteset of the character)
Charactername_wpn1 (Spriteset of sword animation)
Charactername_Shortsword (Spriteset of sword animation)
Charactername_Battleaxe (Spriteset of axe animation)
Icon for Shortsword named Shortsword
Icon for Battleaxe named Battleaxe

I have tried changing Charactername_wpn1 to a blank image, but that causes no animation to be shown when attacking. So I gather it uses _wpn1 for visuals.
Am I doing something incorrect? Is it possible to have weapons of the same type have different visuals while attacking?
Help would be greatly appreciated  :)

Aqua

Have the character swinging the weapon and the actual weapon be swung on _shortsword and _battleaxe.

Leave _wpn1 blank

winkio

July 16, 2009, 04:38:37 pm #2296 Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:46:32 pm by winkio
Hey Blizz, how can I animate defense sprites?  They don't animate normally, and toggling idle sprites doesn't make a difference.  Just the default [3, 3, 3, 3] is fine.  As clarification, I'd like the defense sprites to animate all the time while I'm defending, even if I'm standing in place and not being hit.

Subsonic_Noise

Is there any "multi-part enemy script" that is compatible with the newest BlizzABS? I've tried the one from Star G, but it didn't work. If there is none, could you make that one compatible? Please?
Them we would only need a combo system and the enemy targeting script I rerquested and BlizzABS would ultimately pwn XAS.^^

Blizzard

July 18, 2009, 07:35:38 am #2298 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:37:31 am by Blizzard
Quote from: winkio on July 16, 2009, 04:38:37 pm
Hey Blizz, how can I animate defense sprites?  They don't animate normally, and toggling idle sprites doesn't make a difference.  Just the default [3, 3, 3, 3] is fine.  As clarification, I'd like the defense sprites to animate all the time while I'm defending, even if I'm standing in place and not being hit.

Hm, I see... I don't think I made defense sprites be animated. Have you tried editing the script for that? I think that basically editing the script a little bit should be enough to turn on stop-animations while defending.

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 17, 2009, 07:43:31 am
Is there any "multi-part enemy script" that is compatible with the newest BlizzABS? I've tried the one from Star G, but it didn't work. If there is none, could you make that one compatible? Please?

I was going to make an official plugin later or even include it as native feature of Blizz-ABS, but I haven't so far. If you're willing to wait some more time...

Them we would only need a combo system and the enemy targeting script I rerquested and BlizzABS would ultimately pwn XAS.^^

I am aware of that. :P I am going to add combos, but not the targeting script.

@Colinoliver: If I remember right, _wpn sprites were only for enemies or when you don't use Weapon Sprites. And in that case you don't use the other weapon sprites. Or vice versa, you turn Weapon Sprites on, use the other weapon sprites and don't use _wpn. I haven't worked on Blizz-ABS weapons for months, I can't remember exactly. Well, that's why I wrote it down in the manual.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on July 18, 2009, 07:35:38 am

I was going to make an official plugin later or even include it as native feature of Blizz-ABS, but I haven't so far. If you're willing to wait some more time...

Couldn't you just make the one from Star G compatible? Please?  :'(
And the targeting script will be done by aqua. Sometime within the next 10 years.