[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It was rather a quick-and-dirty solution so I don't know if I am going to use Star G.'s as base yet.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on July 18, 2009, 08:14:54 am
It was rather a quick-and-dirty solution so I don't know if I am going to use Star G.'s as base yet.

Could you make the parts independently destroyable and have their own skills, like, let's say we have a giant robot and this robot has an machine gun arm, if you destroy this arm, he can't use the machine gun skill anymore?
That would ne awesome. And pretty useful.

Aqua

You can just do that with having seperate enemies and eventing o.o

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Aqua on July 18, 2009, 11:40:18 am
You can just do that with having seperate enemies and eventing o.o

But how would the arm follow the enemy then?

Aqua

You use eventing... XD

Move the arm the same way the body moves.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on July 18, 2009, 07:35:38 am
Quote from: winkio on July 16, 2009, 04:38:37 pm
Hey Blizz, how can I animate defense sprites?  They don't animate normally, and toggling idle sprites doesn't make a difference.  Just the default [3, 3, 3, 3] is fine.  As clarification, I'd like the defense sprites to animate all the time while I'm defending, even if I'm standing in place and not being hit.

Hm, I see... I don't think I made defense sprites be animated. Have you tried editing the script for that? I think that basically editing the script a little bit should be enough to turn on stop-animations while defending.

Okay, so after I dug around your thousands of lines of code over and over and over, I found out a few things:

1.  The defense sprites are stopped from being animated at the same time that the normal sprite when the turn key is pressed  (if defending || turn key is pressed) by calling straighten each frame.  This is just for the player

2.  The defense sprites are also stopped from being animated in their update method by calling straighten each frame.  This is for all battlers Note: there are only 3 instances of straighten in the whole script, and i just referenced 2.  The third is in the jump method.

3.  Even after commenting out both those straightens, although it animated the normal sprite while the turn key was down, it did not animate the defense sprite at all...

So where else do have you more code that does the same thing? ;)

Blizzard

Find this line at several places:

@step_anime = true if BlizzABS::Config::ANIMATED_IDS.include?(battler_id)

This should be the last hindrance.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

dylanf3

Is there a way to forcefully get rid of the hud in game, and deploy it a while later? when i do it with true/false, it crashes the game.
And if there isnt, try to make it in the next version :^_^':

winkio

July 19, 2009, 09:03:21 am #2308 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:09:10 am by winkio
put true/false on the next line like this:

variable =
true

it's a weird thing with rmxp.

EDIT: still not seeing it blizz.  I mean, that line is in map_actor < map_battler < game_character many times.  it is placed after each call to super in the update method.  and the super goes to map_battler, where all it really does is updates pixel movement and charging stuff, and then to game_character, which can't tell whether the character is defending or turning anyways.  I assume it's somewhere in Map_Battler that things are happening, but where?

Blizzard

I don't know then. That line should appear 3 times in the script and checking if the character is defending (@ai.act.defend?) and simply setting @step_anime to true then should actually do it.

winkio

July 19, 2009, 10:30:22 am #2310 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:42:36 am by winkio
My character already is in the animated ID array.  And I am almost 100 % sure step anime is actually set to true while defending.  What I think is happening is that when defending, it updates whether you are or not each frame.  Perhaps something like @sframes is being reset each time, so that it's always on the first frame?  I'll try playing around with it...

EDIT:  YAY!  I got it.  I had to edit setup_sprites so that it would only setup the defense sprites once, then sprite_update so that it would change frames while defending.  Well, I kind of got it.  The sprite animates now, but it's not the right sprite...  But with a little more tinkering, I finally got it!  yay!  animates the defense sprite!

Holyrapid

Hey, i want to know a bit about these "death animations" or what they we´re- Are they just a regular animation shown when enemy dies, or is it a script(part) and if it´s a script, could someone teach how to use it?

winkio

July 20, 2009, 12:39:20 pm #2312 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:36:31 pm by winkio
the manual

EDIT: is it just me, or are custom enemy animation frames for attacks not working?

Nope, definitely my stupidity.   :>.<:  they work.

EDIT 2: Blizz, I'm going to make weapon sprites for skills/items.  It's a long story, but I need them for animation of a few skills.  Is this a script that I should be releasing, or will it cause problems?

elmangakac

Hello people!!  :haha:

well i have 2 new questions.....

Please i need specially help...because i want use the 1.96 version of BLIZZ ABS and for this project.... i hope that in the next project i star to use the new one.... well here i go...

1 - How i could put a icon that shows my character inflicted state (poisoned, sleeped etc) somewhere in the screen....or in the hud.... exist a way???

2- how i can do that the scondary character in the party fight with an enemys (or have some "automatic ofensive or defensive moves") when i use the leader character in a battle?..... because when i play with the leader....the enemys attack the secondary hero (i use caterpillar) and he doesnt fight!!! T_T
:(

Aqua

1: Requires HUD edit

2: Update to newest version... -____-
Ally AI was implemented in v2.0

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on July 20, 2009, 12:39:20 pm
EDIT 2: Blizz, I'm going to make weapon sprites for skills/items.  It's a long story, but I need them for animation of a few skills.  Is this a script that I should be releasing, or will it cause problems?

Skills depending on weapon, right? i.e. a full circle attack skill would look different depending on which weapon you have equipped? I think it would be a good idea to release it as plugin.

winkio

July 27, 2009, 09:51:15 am #2316 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:57:53 am by winkio
no.  I mean a sprite that you can center around your character to show effects.  Like they have for weapons.  Basically so that you can make your skill look different depending on the direction you are facing.

EDIT: example to clarify.  For meteor punch, there is a flash and explosion animation in front of you.  In front of you changes depending on which direction you are facing.  You can't show that with skill sprites.  My script made it so that you can.  It's the same concept as the weapon sprites, it's just for showing skills instead of weapons.

G_G

Quote from: Blizzard on April 26, 2009, 03:55:42 pm
I'll add a script call for groups later.

$BlizzABS.group_can_see?(GROUP_ID, TYPE, ID)

And I'll add it for other calls as well.

I got this far, with this
$BlizzABS.enemy_can_see?(TROOP, ACTORS, 0)

Now how do I make that group id that saw me start chasing me or turn against me?

Blizzard

July 28, 2009, 03:42:40 am #2318 Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:43:48 am by Blizzard
Use this:

$game_map.events[ID].action_effect($game_player)

where $game_map.events[ID] is any event of that group. Remember to make it a linked group.

@winkio: Ah, I understand what you mean. Actually sprites like beams, etc. were supposed to be a substitute for that. >.<

Colinoliver

July 28, 2009, 09:39:42 am #2319 Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:41:43 am by Colinoliver
Hey hey!
Sorry for the bother but I get an error message when using Blizz ABS and the Equap Item in Tons of Addons. Both recent virsion.
It happens when I equip the item and attempt to set the skill to my hotkey bar.

Script 'Blizz ABS part3' line 7273: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method 'maxap' for #<Game_System:0x72c1610

Here is a few lines in the script:

if @actor.skills.include?(@data.id) &&
                 $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 3.7 &&
                 TONS_OF_ADDONS::EQUAP_SKILLS && DISPLAY_AP_REQ
                 # get AP for this skill
Line 7273:    aps = $game_system.maxap(@data.id)
                 # add to text if skill has AP
                 text = "#{text} (#{@actor.ap(@data.id)}/#{aps})" if aps != 0
              end

I seem to have everything configured correctly in the Equap Skills script. Hope this helps.
Oh! I really enjoy learning this Blizz ABS. Excilent script! It has rekindled my RMXP game. I've had "writers block" for a while now and this has got me back at it again converting my old game.