[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

really i didnt notice it lol..i made a aggresive critter and a enemy duke it out just now it is hilarious to watch them fight

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Yeah. And it's not like they just stand there and just hit at each other, no, they move away and stuff like that. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Just got a great idea of something you could add in that would really add to this system.  (don't worry about putting it in 1.9, but maybe 2.0).  You should make a new category of enemy called scenery.  These could be things like bushes, doors, etc. that the player can attack and destroy.  The scenery shouldn't move (even after taking a hit).  This would be really cool!!!

Spoofus

hey thats not a bad idea..so like players can bust down a door it it is locked
same could go for chest and such..lol :) i would have never thought of that

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

legacyblade

Even more XAS type abilities would exist! You could make an object "interactable" by putting \IT[n] where n is the either the "object" in the script configuration (which would allow more flexibility, such as what skills and weapons can damage it) or, (the easy way) how much damage it must take. Once its been "killed", it could execute some code.

diablosbud

Hey Blizzard just wondering after you release version 9.0 could you please figure out for me what is stopping me from using CTRL or ALT keys as a sneak button, because I want to use CTRL...?

winkio

February 24, 2008, 03:12:16 pm #106 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:14:34 pm by winkio
Hey tehre Blizz.  Just thought I'd give you a little extra work before you released v 1.9  ;)

I know, I suck.  Anyways, remember way back 2 pages ago when Memor-X had this error:
Quotei also have an error to report, when i was attacked with a skill, just after i recived the damage i got an error

in Blizz-ABS Part 2 on line 1005 there's a NoMethodError
undefined method "+" for nill:NilClass

i don't think i have to say what's on that line cause as far as i can tell, there's no modification in part 2

I got the same error, only when I switched party leader, I wasn't even under attack!

It happened again in a different situation: the second party member (in caterpillar) got hooked on the corner of a cliff.

PS. Have you fixed the item/skill glitch?  It makes me sad because I can't even play my own game :'(

EDIT:  Also, A tag that you can put such as \hide that will make sure that events don't have a symbol on the minimap, for example, hidden passages, cutscenes that manage movement, etc. is really needed.  EDIT ROUND 2: It is \map.  It is in the manual.  I am retarded.  *duct tapes mouth shut*  :-X

Nortos

Quote from: diablosbud on February 23, 2008, 05:01:28 pm
Hey Blizzard just wondering after you release version 9.0

I wish :P

Blizzard

February 25, 2008, 05:36:49 am #108 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:42:50 am by Blizzard
Quote from: diablosbud on February 23, 2008, 05:01:28 pm
Hey Blizzard just wondering after you release version 9.0 could you please figure out for me what is stopping me from using CTRL or ALT keys as a sneak button, because I want to use CTRL...?

Already fixed. :)

Quote from: winkio on February 24, 2008, 03:12:16 pm
Hey tehre Blizz.  Just thought I'd give you a little extra work before you released v 1.9  ;)

I know, I suck.  Anyways, remember way back 2 pages ago when Memor-X had this error:
Quotei also have an error to report, when i was attacked with a skill, just after i recived the damage i got an error

in Blizz-ABS Part 2 on line 1005 there's a NoMethodError
undefined method "+" for nill:NilClass

i don't think i have to say what's on that line cause as far as i can tell, there's no modification in part 2

I got the same error, only when I switched party leader, I wasn't even under attack!

It happened again in a different situation: the second party member (in caterpillar) got hooked on the corner of a cliff.

PS. Have you fixed the item/skill glitch?  It makes me sad because I can't even play my own game :'(

EDIT:  Also, A tag that you can put such as \hide that will make sure that events don't have a symbol on the minimap, for example, hidden passages, cutscenes that manage movement, etc. is really needed.

There is one. Use \map. :)

I've been working on it yesterday all day and I had a list of 4 things that still needed to be done. Now I have a list of 5 things. #_# I at least fixed the most problematic bugs, only one is left.

Here is a list of stuff I still need to do:

• leader action control
  • swimming
  • jump sound + hit-the-ground sound + walking sound + running sound + sneaking sound + swimming sound
  • two enemies can't run an event code at the same time when dying
  • spriteset change for enemies doesn't apply correctly

And here is a list of all new things that 1.95 will have EXCEPT for the big surprise regarding the way you configure stuff. :)

• 1. Blizz-ABS is now to be used as 3-parted script to separate configuration settings and functional code. Insert part 2 and 3 directly below part 1 and the system should work without problems. Part 1 is for configurations only while the other parts are the actual code. This Blizz-ABS version will corrupt savegames that used an older version!
  • 2. Now you don't have to set up the configuration like in a usual script... (The rest is a secret. :))
  • 3. Improved manual a lot and separated the documentation on how to set up the configuration manually from the actual manual. Now the manual only explains the options and settings.
  • 4. Fixed crash bug when using the observation attribute.
  • 5. Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't observe correctly.
  • 6. Fixed bug where player wouldn't apply movement speed determined by a forced movement event command.
  • 7. Fixed bug regarding target selection when using skills and/or items.
  • 8. Fixed bug where hotkeying skills/items on the usage keys would fail if the HUD was turned invisible.
  • 9. Fixed bug where using an item would cause a crash due to the global observer trying to update data.
  • 10. Fixed bug where an enemy would not correctly try to track down the player when he's out of sight and stop moving and acting at all.
  • 11. Fixed bug where enemies that have no skills would never attack if using the action attribute.
  • 12. Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't move if operated by the "Set Move Route" event command .
  • 13. Fixed a memory leak with the player's force movement commands.
  • 14. Fixed glitch where the health bar of invisible enemies would still be visible.
  • 15. Fixed glitch where enemies would move strangely if a Pixel Movement Rate higher than 0 was used when evading attacks until getting ready.
  • 16. Fixed glitch where animations on characters would at wrong positions sometimes.
  • 17. Fixed glitch where remaining skill count wouldn't be refreshed when resetting the hotkeys and then hotkeying the same skill as before.
  • 18. Fixed glitch where dropped item events would stop blinking when leaving the map scene and returning afterwards.
  • 19. Grouped configurations settings.
  • 20. Every setting involving terrain tags now supports use of more than one terrain tag.
  • 21. Added "Allow Jump Terrain Tags" option.
  • 22. Added "Match Health Bar Width" option.
  • 23. Added "AI Memory Count" option.
  • 24. Added Respawn Point feature and added "3.1.5. Create a Respawn Point" in the manual.
  • 25. Added possibility to retrieve dropped item events using returning projectile weapons (i.e. get a dropped item with a boomerang closer).
  • 26. Added possibility to block enemy movement by adding \m in their name.
  • 27. Added possibility to make enemies immortal block enemy movement by adding \i in their name.
  • 28. Added status effect control and configuration and added "3.2.9. Status Effects" in the manual.
  • 29. Added possibility to turn on/off running, sneaking and jumping in-game.
  • 30. Added possibility to turn on/off caterpillar in-game.
  • 31. Added possibility to create events that act like dropped Items and added "3.2.8. Dropped Item-like Events" in the manual.
  • 32. Added battleflow controlling commands (such as transform enemy, set enemy HP/SP, etc.) and added "3.2.10. Battleflow Controls" in the manual..
  • 33. Added default beam animation and possibility to use beam sprites.
  • 34. Added defensive attribute ability to evade non-homing projectiles; now enemies will attempt to avoid projectiles if the defensive attribute is being used.
  • 35. Improved the way controls work. Now more keys can be set up.
  • 36. Improved the way enemies perceive their environment.
  • 37. Improved the way enemies track down battlers who were lost out of sight.
  • 38. Improved the way the destruction engine emulator works.
  • 39. Enemies that have the "Escape" action now might run away. If the action attribute is being used together with the observe attribute, the enemy will evaluate his chances and run away if his enemies are evaluated as too strong.
  • 40. More stable than ever.

And those interactable objects sound like an interesting idea... :naughty: I'll include it in 1.95 as well. ;D

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

sounds good, and intractable objects would make this epic!

Blizzard

February 25, 2008, 12:02:52 pm #110 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:04:35 pm by Blizzard
It should be easy. All I have to do is to create enemies that are not getting updated with the AI. You can attack them, you can destroy them and you can also use the destruction engine emulator to create the effect of objects that are being broken, lol!
This'll make quite a number of new features for CoSLAL to still represent at least 80% of the possibilities of Blizz-ABS. (._.)

legacyblade

If you do that, blizzABS will officially pwn XAS, even though I made a site devoted to XAS, XD

Blizzard

As I said, everything is already set up. I only have to make the command and make an enemy who has no AI update and there you go; a dumb, destroyable object with HP and being able to drop items. ;D
You could easily make this enemy not be hurtable by skills with the "physical" element and there you go, that skill won't be able to destroy the object. xD

legacyblade

Ok. That sounds good! Can't wait to see it!

Nortos

Mana Series :P where only a certain skill can destroy it

winkio

February 25, 2008, 05:44:10 pm #115 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:57:09 pm by winkio
Sweet.  this is gonna be awesome.  Beyond awesome. It will be Blizz-tastic 8)

oh, and I noticed that bug where two enemies run their code at the same time.  It was messing with my variables.  Good thing you're fixing that. 
And since I didn't see it, does that mean that you have fixed the thing where you can jump on top of impassable events? YAY! :D

How did I guess what the new input system was?  Nice work on that! ;)

Blizzard

Actually making passable isles for jumping messes up the minimap, so I added the "Allow Jump Terrain Tag" feature.

winkio

February 26, 2008, 05:45:40 pm #117 Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:01:20 pm by winkio
umm, I wasn't referring to the tiles when I said "And since I didn't see it, does that mean that you have fixed the thing where you can jump on top of impassable events? YAY!"  I was talking about being able to jump  on top of events that act as temporary roadblocks that get erased later in the story, such as boulders and pits.  Because with the current version, I can't make any of those things work.

EDIT: Ya know that rehash error i was having?  I just figured out THAT WAS BECAUSE OF LAG.  My game runs at about 1/2-2/3 speed on my bigger maps, making everything slower.  I was testing on them for quite a while and today I started testing some of my other maps, and my game sped waaay up (to normal speed).  I have not gotten that error to occur on a normal size map at all.  I think it happens when ABSEAL gets ahead of Blizz-ABS, or vice versa.

So anyways, why do I have so much lag?  I have 1 parallel process event that controls weather and music, and the rest are normal action button or player touch events or enemies.  Is ABSEAL not working?  I left its strength at 3... should i change it to 1?

Nortos

lag is mostly of if events (or certain scripts...*cough*Seph*cough*) are sprite based how many sprites have you got on the map?

Blizzard

I tried that with the events and I was never able to jump on top of impassable events. Can you walk through them? It could be some problem with mapping and passability setup. I don't mean that you made a bug, I mean that you don't map the way I do. This could be causing the problem.

And all I can say about the lag is the same as Nortos. ABSEAL is a part of Blizz-ABS, decreasing the FACTOR from 3 to 1 won't change much. If you experience very big lag, though, it could be that some other script interferes and disables ABSEAL. Have you tried removing Blizz-ABS for the time being and trying out your maps? If it still lags, it's not Blizz-ABS's fault.