Suggestion

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, October 04, 2011, 06:46:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Okay, I have a suggestion, and I am sure people(like me) who frequently edit their signatures would enjoy it:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=450
This mod should be installed, as it really makes your signature easier to edit when you have a lot in it(I can attest to that).
It's such a simple thing, and I see no reason why it should not be installed, but you and wink are in charge, after all.
I just ask please, if you guys could put this in? If not, it's still fine.

(also, it says it's for 1.1.12, but I can confirm to you now it works just fine with the newest version of SMF).

Blizzard

I don't really see a problem with that. winkio, anything to say?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Yay. :3 Now...
* Tuggernuts eagerly awaits winkio's decision.

Blizzard

October 05, 2011, 10:13:24 am #3 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:23:34 am by Blizzard
Meh, screw it. *installs*

EDIT: Lol, there's no spoiler. Looks like I'll have to uninstall it and do the edit manually.

EDIT: There we go. It even looks better than that guy's mod. >_>

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Yeah, good idea, I approve.

Spaceman McConaughey

Yus! It has now am there! <3

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Fantasist

October 05, 2011, 12:24:24 pm #7 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:33:33 pm by Fantasist
YES!! Thanks for bringing it up TN :up:

EDIT: I'm assuming this is what was added:

The buttons don't seem to work. I select text and click on buttons (bold, underline, hyperlink, etc.) but the text is not enclosed in tags ._.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

I'll check it. I was working on it a bit just moments ago so maybe I messed up.

I also added one in the quick reply box.

G_G

Yes! *humps blizzard* I use the quick reply box. This is genius. Thanks Branden for suggestion, thanks Blizzard for installing. :3

Blizzard

I use the quick reply box all the time. xD

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, not really seeing a quick reply box. :p

Do I enable it or something?

Fantasist

Quick reply too?

YAY!(it seems to be working)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

Yeah you have to enable it in your personal settings.

Blizzard

Yeah, I made it work, too. Man, I really wish the guys from SMF made their code more modular. Right now the skin template files consist out of one function with 1000s of lines in some cases. :/

BTW, has anybody tried updating SMF 1.1.x to SMF 2.0? 2.0 has gone gold as far as I know and it's supposed to be significantly better. I'll probably have to do some custom modding again as thsi forum uses a quite modified SMF code.

SBR*

G_G

If you update to 2.0, you'll have to reimplement any code you changed, most likely. I took a peak at it, and they re-did a lot of the coding and how mods are made.

PhoenixFire

Yeah, I second G_G here.. They messed with it a bit...

As to the additions, they're both great. I approve too.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?