[XP] Tons of Addons - Laging HP bars

Started by MarkHest, October 11, 2011, 01:56:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

October 11, 2011, 01:56:21 pm Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:52:54 pm by MarkHest
Hiya guys. I've had a problem for a while now when using HP bars in my game. I am using the bars from Tons of Addons and Stormtronics CMS to adjust them.

I don't know why but when i use these bars the battles get a tremedous lag when i use event commands to add things such as Text Messages or Animations. The lag seem to increase depending on how many Party Members you have. If you have 4 party members the lag will be most intense.

I'm not sure why i haven't seen this problem in another topic before, as if i'm the only one having the problem :O.o:
I even tried the bars on a complete new project with ONLY StormtronicsCMS and Tons of Addons(the bars) to see if any of my other scripts i am using was interfering with the bars and it still lags during scenes in battles.

The battles without events are lagfree, but as soon as i throw in a chat message and someone speaks during battles the lag becomes instense and won't stop until the event is over.

Another person that played the demo of my game seemed to have the same problem.

Any idea on what chould be causing so much lag and is there a way to fix it?

Zeriab

It sounds like the bug in the DBS where it refreshes the status window every frame.
It's only worse because the hp bars take a long time to draw.
To see if that is the problem you can try using this: http://pastebin.com/mhfMHAqy

Mind you, this is simply a hack doing symptom treatment, but it can be used to diagnose the cause. Try showing a text message and see if there is any difference.

*hugs*

MarkHest

October 11, 2011, 05:40:12 pm #2 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:54:20 am by MarkHest
I got this message when entering a battle:

scripts ''line 8: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method `visible' for [#<Window_message:0x3880698>]:Array

EDIT: I tried it on a new project and the script didn't send me an error on that one. I'll try with Tons of Addons and Stormtronics too. Just a sec...

EDIT 2: Okay, i tried this script on a new project with the bars from Tons of Addons and the Stormtronics CMS. It worked PERFECTLY!
but it's giving me an error in my own game...

EDIT 3: Err... worked fine even without the small script you made, no lag(on the new project). So the bars doesn't lag on the new project, it only lags in MY game! GOD THAT'S WIERD! O_o
I remember trying this out before and it gave me lag in the new project... i wonder why it did not this time.

EDIT 4: Okay, so i imported all of the scripts that effected battles from my game to the new project to see if there would be any difference and i had some slight lag when showing the message without that script you made. It doesn't lag WITH the script though.

Now for a way to get this script into my game without giving me an error. I'm not sure what's causing it.