Introducing fonts for RMXP/VX based on ones used in RM2k/2k3

Started by MikePjr, October 14, 2011, 04:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MikePjr

Thanks to ForeverZer0, i was able to make these fonts.
So basically, they are replicas of the ones used in RM2k and RM2K3, i remade them for use in RMXP and RMVX for those who like making pixelated retro looking RPGs in RMXP or VX.
They are best viewed at 26% in size in XP and VX, otherwise they end up looking odd and blured, another problem is you will need to adjust other settings to keep them from squishing from left and right and looking blured that way as well... which to me just looks odd lol.
Here are some pics showing off how they look

First up is XPRM2000 which is RM2000 font

Next up is XPRMG2000 which is RMG2000

Here is the link, it has both fonts in it. Enjoy! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45469947/RPG%20Fonts.zip

I got the spacing wrong, among other little things, but i did my best, i hope you all enjoy.

I have a few other fonts i am working on, but i don't wanna show them off or even upload them until i am done with some of them.

Oh and also, if anyone wants i can try and make a smoother looking version of these fonts for us in higher res looking games.

Thankyou again forever for your help!

ForeverZer0

If you click the Dropbox link in my sig, you upload with that.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

MikePjr

Updated first post, thanks so much for your help forever! ^_^

Fantasist

Classic! But while you redid them anyway, I would've liked to see them a bit horizontally stretched. They look too skinny. Nonetheless: *powers up* GJ :)

If these are going to be included in the ARC RTP, there wont be a problem with text squishing ;)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

MikePjr

I did not redo them, at all, they are EXACTLY like the ones in RM2K and 2K3, i basically ripped them out and placed them in a format that XP and VX can read.
The process was long though, i could put up comparison shots of these and the original, and you would see how they're exactly alike, only problem i had, is a few things in the font might be up too high or down too low like <>\/?. and{} and[]... i got them the right size and all, but yeah.. some of them are too low or too high, i got those glyphs as best as i could.

I think both fonts were originally made by Don Miguel... and if so, it might be okay if they went in the RTP for ARC.

But i just noticed i used the same X in both >_<

I just re-uploaded the fonts with the correct X in use in both fonts.
I still don't know for sure if i got it right, but i got them as best as i could, and they are still VERY much like the old ones anyhow...

Aqua

I noticed some differences between XPRM2000 and RM2000.
Most noticeably are the 'T' and '2'
I think XPRM2000 has serifs while RM2000 do not, but there aren't enough letter for me to confirm.

MikePjr

I think that might be another letter i messed up on during the creation of these fonts, i already had to fix the X
I think i may have rushed it a little, it's still pretty cool.
SO far i love making fonts, if anyone has any ideas for some fonts, i can try and make them.
I don't really want these re-posted anywhere else... thank-you.

To be honest i am starting to realize i messed up on a bunch of them! >_<