[XP] [Blizz-ABS] Player passability only

Started by Futendra, October 19, 2011, 10:54:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Futendra

Hi, I need an event that only Actors can go through.

So basicly, There is a room in a map that you can go to to train on dummy robots.
The problem I have now is that the robots get out of their room.

What I need:
- An event that actors can get through
- An event that enemies can't get through
- An event that the caterpillar can get through

Another problem:
When I killed the dummy and it respawns later, it respawns out of the room? How do I make it so that a enemy always respawns on the same location/ spot it is planted in the editor.

stripe103

October 19, 2011, 04:15:06 pm #1 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:16:59 pm by stripe103
Where you don't want events to be able to walk, just put an event there with a transparent graphic and check the "Through" checkbox.

For the respawn problem, you can probably use the "Set event location" event command after the event dies.
I'm not sure that works with Blizz-ABS, but I think it does.. I don't quite remember. But otherwise I don't know.

Boba Fett Link

You can make respawn points in Babs using events. Look in the manual under the Working with Blizz-ABS tab Creating Enemies.

I'm pretty sure that enemy events can walk through normal events with the through box checked. However, in the options config you can define No Enemy terrain tags that enemies cannot walk through. Just put one such tag in the doorway, even if it is just an invisible tile with the tag.

All of this is well-explained in the manual. I've found that a lot of my problems with BABS can be fixed there, so remember to check there first.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Futendra

Quote from: stripe103 on October 19, 2011, 04:15:06 pm
Where you don't want events to be able to walk, just put an event there with a transparent graphic and check the "Through" checkbox.

For the respawn problem, you can probably use the "Set event location" event command after the event dies.
I'm not sure that works with Blizz-ABS, but I think it does.. I don't quite remember. But otherwise I don't know.
I can't and the reply is kinda useless and you misunderstood the passability, I want it that ONLY the actors can go through, not the enemies

stripe103

Yeah, I thought of the normal event system, since an event makes other events unable to go to the same place, but Blizz-Abs don't work that way.

Anyway, I just checked and in the Blizz-Abs configuration program, on the "Enemy Behavior" tab, there is an option called "No enemy Terrain Tags". I think THAT is what you are after. It makes enemies unable to spawn on specified terrain tags, and also unable to walk on them.

Futendra

Quote from: stripe103 on October 21, 2011, 04:18:54 pm
Yeah, I thought of the normal event system, since an event makes other events unable to go to the same place, but Blizz-Abs don't work that way.

Anyway, I just checked and in the Blizz-Abs configuration program, on the "Enemy Behavior" tab, there is an option called "No enemy Terrain Tags". I think THAT is what you are after. It makes enemies unable to spawn on specified terrain tags, and also unable to walk on them.

Well, the problem is that they dont spawn in a specific area, the complete map is with the same floor etc

Boba Fett Link

I'm pretty sure what I said before is what you need.

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on October 21, 2011, 03:51:37 pm
You can make respawn points in Babs using events. Look in the manual under the Working with Blizz-ABS tab Creating Enemies.

This is how you make enemies respawn at a specific point.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

stripe103

Or you can put the terrain tags on transparent tiles and then put them as an overlay on different parts of the floor.
I don't remember if it takes the highest terrain tag of the tile or it takes the one that is on the top layer though.

Futendra

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on October 22, 2011, 08:10:26 am
I'm pretty sure what I said before is what you need.

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on October 21, 2011, 03:51:37 pm

This is how you make enemies respawn at a specific point.

TY <3

Ima check now

If it works ily no homo