Is this normal?

Started by Tazero, October 19, 2011, 08:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

Is it normal to want to kill everyone and everything around you and everytime you dream , its you commiting mass homocide?

If you were a fish...

winkio

No, a person like that should stop being such a sociopathic little outcast.  Why do I say they are an outcast?  Because if they had friends they wouldn't hate everybody.  The only person responsible for them not having any friends is the person themself.

Tazero

Or the people around them.

And btw its more like the people I've been surrounded by are complete douches.

But you know and outcast isn't nice :<

If you were a fish...

winkio

No, it has nothing to do with the people around you.  Perhaps you think you are better than everyone else.  Perhaps you are afraid of everyone else.  Perhaps you experience severe discomfort in social situations.  Whatever the case, your own negative and judgmental outlook on other people is the only thing holding you back.  Becoming an outcast is a self-inflicted wound.

Spaceman McConaughey

I think you should see a psychiatrist right away. That is a way nobody should think at all, unless there's something incredibly wrong with them.

Subsonic_Noise

It might occasionally be that you are sourrounded by assholes, but if you can't find any good friends you aren't looking well enough.

AliveDrive

Just focus on having a good time without worrying about what other people think.

Chances are, people with want to hang out with you.

You can't win them all so don't try to.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

ForeverZer0

You have control over your own emotions and thoughts. The best way to stop thinking negative, is to just stop thinking negative. Think about positive things, and your attitude will change.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ShadowPierce

->In all honesty, I kinda feel for you, Tazero... I am experiencing this every once in a while, except the dream part, that's pretty messed up... I figured it was because I thought I was better than everyone else... I cope by talking with some friends (who might be confirming my assumption that I really AM better :xD:) and watching MLP... :haha:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

October 20, 2011, 02:36:13 am #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:42:34 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 19, 2011, 10:10:09 pm
It might occasionally be that you are sourrounded by assholes, but if you can't find any good friends you aren't looking well enough.

This.

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on October 19, 2011, 11:37:54 pm
You have control over your own emotions and thoughts. The best way to stop thinking negative, is to just stop thinking negative. Think about positive things, and your attitude will change.

And this. Also, don't even think about not negative stuff but really the positive stuff. Don't think "People around me are not mean.", instead think "People around me are nice." It's a psychological effect (can't remember the name) like when I tell you to not think about a pink elephant. You just thought of a pink elephant.

There are two reasons why you think that everybody around you is an idiot. The first one is that you are insecure that you are inadequate so you protect your ego by simply saying that everybody is an idiot. Not everybody is an idiot. Maybe one out of 20 people is an idiot. The rest of the people are usually alright. And there's nothing wrong with not being smart or something. I strongly suggest that you socialize. You don't have to go out and find some best friends for life (these things take time), but go out and meet some new people. Take an interest in them. They don't have to be amazing to be alright to hang out with.

The only times when I dream that I beat somebody up (very, very rarely actually try to kill them) is when it's about people from my past in who I never found a liking. I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. I dislike them. And I don't try to beat them up every time I dream about them. Maybe in 1-2 times out of 10. That combined with me rarely dreaming about them, I probably have such a dream maybe 3-4 times a year if even that often.

Summary: Socialize, meet new people. The world isn't that bad. And you're not that much above others. Just accept them as they are, there's nothing wrong with them (in relative concept).

Quote from: winkio on October 19, 2011, 08:49:21 pm
Becoming an outcast is a self-inflicted wound.

I disagree. It doesn't have to be self-inflicted. But either way you are responsible for not taking care of that wound in the long run.
Your own actions define you as well as the actions of others on you. But you are the one responsible how they define you and to what degree. Basically it's a similar concept like the one you explained, but it's extended by the degree that there are things out of your control and that you have to accept them, but you can still control how they affect you. Basically in the sense of what you said earlier somewhere that you are responsible for your own actions and that you can control only yourself. Everything else (including other people) you have to accept as they are. And that is hard sometimes.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fenriswolf

October 20, 2011, 03:04:30 am #10 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:08:11 am by Fenriswolf
Well, we can all give you advice about what we think would be the best thing to do, but frankly, I doubt anybody here knows about your situation and/or is capable of giving professional advice to you.

Depending on the severeness of your feelings, I suggest you see a psychologist or even psychiatrist. But I must say, the solutions that Blizzard has offered you seem likely to me to be succesful as well.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: JanraeMendoza on October 20, 2011, 02:06:04 am
i mean, if you are going to kill all the criminals and bad ass people in this world, animal killers, good haters, whore mongers, sadists, murderers, rapists, corrupt officials, bad policemen, then wouldn't the world be nice? :)

Except that one psychotic killer, you mean?
-___-
I can't believe people over the age of 10 actually believe this.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

Quote from: JanraeMendoza on October 20, 2011, 04:31:30 am
lolz...i mean the real rapists...those that with records in the police... crime records to be exact.

So as long as the police never catches me, I'm fine? =D

Subsonic_Noise

Because killing people is the way to a better world. Ask Stalin and Hitler about it.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: JanraeMendoza on October 20, 2011, 05:39:22 am
though I think Hitler is one genius.

I think you need to quit posting in this topic. Like, right now.

MarkHest

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: JanraeMendoza on October 20, 2011, 05:39:22 am
@Sub - if you believe them though, lol. Sadly, I don't agree with them much, though I think Hitler is one genius.

And your morals are universal and applicable to everyone, I assume? What do Hitler and Stalin have in common? One of their objective was "a better world". Just who are you to decide who's good and who's bad?
Let me give you a hint. There are no such things, no matter how many disney mpvies want you to believe that.
So, you kill people you think are bad? That's not ''making the world a better place", it's mass murder. So, while you're at it, kill yourself first.

Blizzard

What about self-defense? *puts oil into the fire*

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: JanraeMendoza on October 20, 2011, 08:07:46 am
@Sub - whoa, lets not put it at that. If I make it in my OWN perspective, aren't I also be a candidate of a criminal myself?

Precisely what I said. And what else do you want to base it on? There is no universal perspective on it.
Of course, another people's view of what's bad and what's good is totally different.

Again, precisely what I said. So you want to kill all "bad" people? Whose definition of bad will you use?
IF there is a general and exact truth where you can base what's good and bad, then that means this is applicable. And if there is, no human in this world is entitled to kill any bad human as well.

Nobody is "entitled" to kill anyone in any situation.