[XP] Throw System

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, October 21, 2011, 12:03:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

October 21, 2011, 12:03:04 am Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:15:33 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Throw System
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo
Version: 1.52
Type: Custom Environment System
Key Term: Custom Environment System

Introduction

Character can pick up and throw objects

Features

• Player can pick objects and throw it

Screenshots

Script

Here

Instructions

In the script

You probably need these

image: ShowHide

Compatibility

Compatible with/without Blizz ABS 2.84 & 2.85
Other version is untested, but probably works

Credits and Thanks

• LiTTleDRAgo

• Moghunter

Author's Notes

Known Issues :
  • Have issues with pixel movement
  • Probably have issues with changing sprite
  • Cannot pick & throw enemies

~Enjoy

Susanm

OOOOooooo.... LOVELY!!! :^_^':  Is there anyway to make the object that is thrown to land on another event and trigger it? for example: a rock is thrown at a switch and once the rock lands on the switch it opens a door? and also is there a way to make an object thrown to shatter? such as a pot thrown and it breaks once it lands?  :shy:

Stray

If this was for Blizz-ABS... it would be a dream. °-°
Throwing stones after some monsters would be very funny. :D
I'm very grateful to you all for your great help.

Futendra

December 27, 2011, 07:21:50 am #3 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:24:48 am by Futendra
IMA TEST IT NOW!

Does it hit enemies in BABS?

EDIT:
Got an undefined method error for Game_Player on line 238:

alias pickup_check_event_trigger_there check_event_trigger_there

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 21, 2011, 12:03:04 am
Compatibility

I don't think it's compatible with Blizz ABS

Certainly doesn't seem like it, especially since it's an independent hash from XAS. I mean, he'd probably be more vocal about it being compatible with Blizz-ABS if he intended it to create it for that, but it seems it's simply, as I mentioned earlier, an independent script entirely with its origins from XAS.

Anyway, nice work, Drago. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Futendra

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on December 27, 2011, 05:26:33 pm
Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 21, 2011, 12:03:04 am
Compatibility

I don't think it's compatible with Blizz ABS

Certainly doesn't seem like it, especially since it's an independent hash from XAS. I mean, he'd probably be more vocal about it being compatible with Blizz-ABS if he intended it to create it for that, but it seems it's simply, as I mentioned earlier, an independent script entirely with its origins from XAS.

Anyway, nice work, Drago. :)

It's late, have some mercy over me, I read with lucifers popped in my eyes... or somethign like that.

Stray

It's a nice script. But I think it's not very useful as long as it isn't compatible with the ABS, because pick up objects and throw them away is easy to make with the maker itself. Throw stones at some monsters would be very practical. 8)
I'm very grateful to you all for your great help.

LiTTleDRAgo

updated to v0.20

Quote from: Stray on January 04, 2012, 11:35:35 am
It's a nice script. But I think it's not very useful as long as it isn't compatible with the ABS, because pick up objects and throw them away is easy to make with the maker itself. Throw stones at some monsters would be very practical. 8)

this is still prototype anyway, don't expect too much

Sin86

January 25, 2012, 08:39:10 pm #8 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:44:19 pm by Sin86
Says compatible with Blizz ABS although I can't seem to pick up the object. I set the rock event to <Throw5> somewhere in the event name and he still doesn't pick up the rock. Tried placing the script above and below Blizz ABS, still didn't fix it.

LiTTleDRAgo

weird, I seems have no trouble like that

what other script did you use?

Sin86

January 25, 2012, 09:55:25 pm #10 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:03:25 pm by Sin86
Just Blizz ABS, I am using Blizz ABS version 2.84.

On mine, I use the confirm key(Enter), is that what button your suppose to use for picking up and throwing?

LiTTleDRAgo

yeah, it using confirm button to pick and throw

could you upload a demo for your project?
I can't find any errors in mine

Sin86

I made a demo but installed Blizz ABS with all defaults on, it worked. I tried for my own game, it did not work but I fiddled around with the demo and found what caused it.

Me turning on pixel movement rate to anything thats not 0.

LiTTleDRAgo

update to 0.31

try throwing stuff to your enemies XD

Sin86

January 26, 2012, 03:24:49 am #14 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:27:10 am by Sin86
I can pick up stuff yet after I pick it up I cannot throw it anywhere. Only way I can get an object off of me is if I goto another map but after that, I can't attack or use skills. Also, it seems to override any pixel movement rate if you have it on too.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Sin86 on January 26, 2012, 03:24:49 am
I can pick up stuff yet after I pick it up I cannot throw it anywhere. Only way I can get an object off of me is if I goto another map but after that, I can't attack or use skills. Also, it seems to override any pixel movement rate if you have it on too.

hmm when and what you did to make that error?

Sin86

Well if I pick it up, I can pick it up however I cannot throw it once I'm holding it.

And when I go into an event that brings me into another location, although the item I'm carrying is now gone, however I cannot seem to attack or do anything else.

LiTTleDRAgo

January 26, 2012, 03:36:19 am #17 Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:49:48 am by LiTTleDRAgo
I'll look at it after my school is done,
for now try removing striked word and add the bolded word below

-------------------removed----------------------

Sin86

Understood.

Just did exactly as done by removing out 2 of those lines and making a new one below the 2nd scratched out line and I got this error.

Script 'Throw System' line 97: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `sprite_normal' for #<Game_Player0x95b3830>

LiTTleDRAgo

--"

could you upload a demo for your project?