It has finaly happened... *But that's history now!*

Started by MarkHest, October 22, 2011, 12:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

October 22, 2011, 12:06:21 pm Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:58:37 pm by MarkHest
Its finaly happened.

My laptop is now unfunctional and there is no way to repair it without sending it to it's developers(the insurance is gone). The lid that has the ON button in it has been un-plugged from the actual computer and there is no way to plug it back in. (it wasn't even a propper plug-in cable, it was taped to it from the start but the tape is no removed and the cable is lose.) I tried to start it while holding the cable to it's correct port and pressing the ON button a lot of times, but still... nothing.

I guess i won't be active on this forum anymore untill i get a new computer. Hopefully that is very soon but i don't know when. I've planned to buy a new computer for a long time now and it seems the time has finaly come. I will occasionaly "borrow" my mothers computer but i can't do that very often.

So... untill i get a new computer i will be 90% less active here. Have fun :haha:

Fantasist

Hurts to lose your laptop, I know ;_;
Get a new machine and come back soon :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Man, that sucks. ._. I know how it is when your PC/laptop dies. I hope you can patch things up quickly and won't lose any data.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

Hopefully it won't be long until i get a new computer. I think i will order one the 30th Oktober or maybe the 1th November. However i don't know how long a delivery over the net will take for a desktop computer.

It's a good thing i was prepared for this, i actually saved the most important stuff from my laptop to my i-pod which is now safe and won't disapear. That includes my RMXP project that i have been working on for so long. I just lose a few days work, that's all :)

The computer i'm aiming to buy might not be the best but its cheap and twice as better than my laptop so i don't think i will complain any day soon :D

• Name: eMacine PT.NBNE2.068

• Processor: Intel Pentium

• cores: 2

• GHz: 3.20

• RAM: DDR3 - 3070MB

That total works for me! :haha:
Can't wait untill i get it :3 (IF i get it)

Vell

You should play League with me when you get back.

(also good luck)

SBR*

Blizzard

I'll miss our occasional chats in IRC. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

I'm gona have to wait another whole month to get the new computer  :<_<: (Thought i will get a better one than the one i wrote about above  :huh:....  :haha: )

Fantasist

If you're going to get a better one, the wait will be worth it. Hang in there until then.

PS: ...how much better? :3
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Fenriswolf

October 30, 2011, 09:09:47 am #9 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:37:01 am by Fenriswolf
This topic looks like his puppy died or something O_O

MarkHest

October 30, 2011, 06:43:13 pm #10 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:53:42 pm by MarkHest
@Fantasist: Somewhere near twice as good as the one i mentioned above so it'll be worth the wait, as you said ^^

@Fenriswolf: My computer WAS my little puffy puppy! xD

Fantasist

Cool. Keep us posted on the new config as soon as you know.

@Fenriswolf: haha, I agree with MarkHest xD

MarkHest

December 27, 2011, 05:52:58 pm #12 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:12:25 pm by MarkHest
I finaly got my new computer!! :haha: This feels fucking amazing since i have never owned a computer like this before!

I buyed both a desktop and a wide screen... well... screen :P
I altso got the newest version of Norton which i am paying 500kr for in a yearly fee.

The whole thing all together costed 6100kr, however i can't afford a price like that so I did a payment plan to pay 500 swedish kronor per month until the 6100kr is payed off.

Note that if you take a sum devided by 7 you get it in dollars. So 6100 devided by 7 becomes dollars.

I did a few screenshots with a crappy mobile camera but here they are anyway.

Before...
Spoiler: ShowHide

After!

Before...

After!

This is the computer status:

Model Name: Acer AX3990_H
Processor: Intel Core i5
Cores: 2
GHz: 3.30
CPU Cache: 3MB
Shipset: H61
RAM: DDR3 - 4GB (uppgradeable to 8GB)
RAM speed: 1333
RAM ports: 2
Disk Space: 500Gb (it's separated into two different drivers.)
Disk Speed/RPM: 7200
Sound Card: High Definition Audio
Graphic Card(type): IntelĀ® HD Graphics 2000
Dedicated Graphic Memory: 256MB
Shared Graphic Memory: 1919MB

EDIT: Okay, some of the information here seem to be wrong. Some values are higher than what i wrote.

Here's a photo on it: http://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/stationar-dator/ASX3990206/acer-aspire-x-stationar-dator-ax3990_h

Well, what do you think? Compared to the old laptop i had this is a HUGE uppgrade for me! And not to mention the screen i'm looking at :O.o: I am not used to this kind of screen size :D
This is the perfect Christmas present to myself ^^

Mwahaha, this beast is mine! MINE!! xD

Starrodkirby86

Priceless, man. But I'm really happy for you! This looks like an awesome ware to be on, and glad it's been gone out with much further happiness. xD Also, Sweden. <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

MarkHest

Blizzard