[Finshed] [ARCed] RTP Image Cache and RTP Paths

Started by Ryex, October 25, 2011, 04:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

RTP Image Cache and RTP Paths

Description

RTP Paths need to be configurable for the editor and per project and There needs to be an image cache that can keep these images around so that they don;t have to be reloaded each time they are accessed. particularly important for the map editor, Tileset panel ect.

Priority

High

Prerequisites

None

Assigned

Ryex

Everything else

The cache should search the RTP paths in the user specified order for images with the provided file name and should work regardless of the presence of a file extension.
The base cache should run on PIL there needs to be an interface to get wx versions of the images too.
Pyglet also needs to have an instance based cache that draws from the global PIL cache. Because of a bug in the somewhat hackish way pyglet is interfaced with wx two contexts can't share the same resources so each context needs it's instance of the cache.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />