Animated Title Screen

Started by Fenriswolf, October 27, 2011, 03:40:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenriswolf

October 27, 2011, 03:40:16 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:44:56 pm by Fenriswolf
Like the title says, I'm looking for an animated title screen for my project.

I've tried using Moghunter's Animated Title script, but the problem with it was that I was unable to retain the regular "command box" with that script.

Now for the details:

Title:
Unlimited Fantasy

Theme:
fantasy / medieval / elves / dragons etc.

Colors:
Preferably a bit brownish, since my windowskin is brown as well.

Ideas:
- a dragon
- a landscape (preferably with some depth and differences in heights, in other words; nothing too flat and spacious)
- clouds (nothing that can beat clouds)

Now for the animated part, it doesn't have to be anything too fancy, a simple fog or glowing of the text is enough.

If there is anything you're unsure of, please ask.
One more thing, if someone can give me a push in the right direction by pointing me towards a good script or tutorial (already looked around a lot, but didn't find what I was looking for) or by telling me how to do it myself, that will suffice too, since I don't feel very comfortable asking others for favors :(

Fantasist

I can help you with the scripting part, not graphics. Once you have the required pictures, i'll tell you how to add fog and glorify the text.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Fenriswolf

Sounds great, which are the required graphics? Just the background and text or?

Fantasist

October 28, 2011, 01:47:51 pm #3 Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:52:55 pm by Fantasist
No, no, you should tell me! Visualize, and describe. Then I'll help you code it. :)

EDIT: Forget about the required pictures part. Describe what you want, and I'll tell you how you can make it and what pictures you need to prepare.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(Doing it for you myself is easier and faster for both of us than teaching you, but I think this will be more fruitful overall.)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Fenriswolf

Yes sensei, I will visualise and describe. Hmm..

I see meteorites crashing down from all sides, I see exposions, carnage, fire raining down and body parts flying everywhere.

Wait, scrap that, some fog or text glowing is enough, like here.

Though if it would not be too hard, then something like this would be even better.

I don't have an example of glowing text, but I suppose you get the idea :P

Fantasist

The links are messed up, but I managed to see the videos. The second one is what you want? It'll be easy!

Do you have a title screen image you're working with right now? If not, find one image. But to give you a better idea of what you'll be needing, remember that every moving part in the screen should be a separate picture. In the second video, he used 3 images for the 3 layers of mountains, 3 images for the sun beam overlay, possibly 1 image for the gradient and the blue-ish color and one image for the insignia. But for starters, get a single image title screen you want. It need not have the fog effects.

QuoteI see meteorites crashing down from all sides, I see exposions, carnage, fire raining down and body parts flying everywhere.

Meteorites are doable, but we'll get there later.

So in conclusion, you will need a base image to work with.

Fenriswolf

October 29, 2011, 06:36:57 am #6 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:20:38 am by Fenriswolf
Quote from: Fantasist on October 29, 2011, 04:28:08 am
QuoteI see meteorites crashing down from all sides, I see exposions, carnage, fire raining down and body parts flying everywhere.

Meteorites are doable, but we'll get there later.

This part wasn't actually serious, but it all seems easier than expected. :P

I do have a basice title screen image atm, but it won't fit the animation, so I'll come up with a new one asap.
Sorry about the links, I was in a hurry.

EDIT:

I'm a bit busy atm, but here is a quick example of what I would like it to be like. A sunrise with passing clouds (pretty much the same as the 2nd example from youtube). Either that, or something similar to the 2nd vid from youtube :P

Any advice or better ideas? I'll try to come up with the background in a couple of hours.

Fantasist

QuoteI do have a basice title screen image atm, but it won't fit the animation, so I'll come up with a new one asap.

I'd still like to see, we may be able to use it.

Nice idea. We'll work on it.

Fenriswolf

I PM'd you the graphics, what's next?

Fantasist

I PMed you the corrections required on the image. (ignore about reminding me what you wanted)
Next, get me those clouds. I think 2 layers will be sufficient.
If you can make 2 images of sum beams, it'll be great. But let's not worry about that right away. As soon as you have clouds, I'll tell you how to put it all together. We'll work our way up to perfection from there. :)