So guys I has an idea - but...

Started by Vell, June 16, 2008, 08:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

June 16, 2008, 08:44:52 pm Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:35:45 pm by UltaFlame
well heres the thing.

I find I have NO game making patience what so ever.

however, this story is one I find very cute(SILENCE) and I want it made.

however, I WANT it made, and as long as I can see it completed right I'll be happy.

its not the standard kind of game, as its more about symbolism with the characters and such than anything.

ok heres the cast:

Quil: guy from whom the game's point of view is based.

Nit: female main character, at the beginning a close friend of Quil's

Ar: male antagonist, leads the Antagonist Group. tries to get Nit to leave Quil.

Atre: Male Antagonist, assists Ar in his endeavors.

Reed: Female Antagonist, known to hang out with both Ar and Atre.

Vil: Male Antagonist, despises Quil. desires Nit.

Ov: Female Protagonist, close friend of Quil, and Nit, one who originally brought the two together.

Pe: male Protagonist, stays near Ov, and does all he can to assist her in whatever he can.

Lif: a neutral character, friend of Nit, and a friend of Quil, and a friend of Vil. is sometimes seen with Ov and Pe. usually Female, sometimes appears as Male. is actually twins.

Ado: Male character, always seen with the female Lif. whether he is a protagonist or antagonist is unknown.

Ig:  Female character, always seen with the male Lif. whether she is a protagonist or antagonist is debatable.

Ace: female protagonist, is often in Quil's presence, and follows him around constantly, is also his little sister

and possibly others.

the story is based more around the characters, what they represent, and the relationships they have, than anything else really.

there will be fights occasionally, just, they aren't the main focus.

the story is from Quil's point of view, but its All about Nit.

Quil, Ov, and Pe, and, if we think of others, are the good guys, as I said above.

Ar, Atre, Reed and Vil, and if we think of others, are the bad guys.

ok guys, so basically here is the deal...

I have an idea that I really some kind of freaking want done.

I have problems being committed to things, so I figured, hey, why not get the people together to all help on it? I mean, its not like they'd need to spend ALL DAY on it and make it there main purpose... just like, a little bit of time here and there, doesn't even need to be everyday, just like, hopefully a little somethin a week, if you can.

I'm not looking for people to ignore there own games or anything, I'm just looking for people who are willing to do a group project.

and as I realize that the only thing I'll be contributing here is the idea and some of the characters(cuz yes I'd like to see more character, but yes I'd also like them to follow the basic pattern already set) I'm Very willing to let things be open for ideas from everyone.

that being said, I think I should explain the stuff I've got so far...

in the beginning, Nit is Quil's closest friend. then, Atre and Vil keep making Quil inable to meet, see, or be near Nit, while Reed and Ar keep spending time with her.

Nit is humanity, Quil is Tranquility, and Hatred and Evil are two of the biggest factors that interrupt times of tranquility, which leads Greed and War, Reed and Ar hanging around Nit while Atre and Vil delay Quil signifies this in that basically while tranquility gets disrupted, greed and war break out, and take over

by the time Quil finally is able to see Nit again, she is more or less seriously annoyed with him because he couldn't be there.

basically, after War takes over Humanity, the earliest chances for resolution and a return to peace, and tranquility, are ignored

Quil tries to explain himself, but Nit, now hanging with Ar and Reed, won't hear of it.

people who figure war to be stupid try to explain to the higher ups that it IS stupid, but the highers ups, Greedy and figuring they can get money from it, continue War

Quil is pretty shaken up, and Ov and Pe can only sparingly see Nit, now that Vil Reed Atre and Ar are her 'group of friends'

the people from before realize eventually that they are ignored, and most of them give up. Love and Hope barely glimmer when humanity is taken over by Evil, Greed, Hatred and War.

it is this time that Lif and Ado make there original appearance, when Ov and Pe get a chance meeting with Nit. during this meeting, Lif looks slightly pained, and Ado's eyes show a protective feeling.

well, Lif is Life, Ado signifies Shadow, the 'darker' side to life, it signifies that when Love and Hope have a spike, thats when more people realize Life itself is threatened, and due to War killing off people, Lif, the personification of Life, is in constant pain, Ado is her protector, in a sense, and closest friend(the whole Female with Dark and Male with light idea thing comes from Yin Yang), and thus worrys about what Nit is doing, since her decisions ultimately affect Lif

things continue, with Lif and Ado/Ig making more appearances, Lif looking more in pain each time, and Nit seeming to grow a little weaker over time, but in a way 'harder' her expressions and actions showing more of a shadowed outlook than the character in the beginning, who had a much more brighter view, and whos features were 'softer'.

Life seems to fade from people Long before Humanity itself grows weak, and that Nit takes longer to show weakening expresses this, as people start to recognize that war and greed may have been a poor choice(ya think?) Nit herself seems herself to become 'darker', in the shadow of regret, and the weakening of herself and all the things affecting her cause her to become a 'darker' character than the fun-loving, nice girl she was in the beginning to a more despaired and mean girl towards the end

it is apparent that being with Ar and his group, being around what they represent, is causing Lif to slip away, making Ado and Ig worry, and for the Nit Quil, Ov and Pe knew to change.

War changes everyone, and the deaths cause Life to wane, and become uncertain, people fear for themselves, people happy and people not worry each day if they will see the next. what happens if someone decides to bomb their town? what if the enemy raids their village? both the dark side and the light side of humanity begin to fear for Life. Humanity, desperate and despairing, changes, losing hope, love failing as people flee to what they believe is safe, and times of Tranquility, are forgotten. Love and Hope becomes spare things. a thing only a fool would believe in.

then, on the last night of the game, Ov and Pe go the still-despaired Quil, and somehow manage to make him snap out of it, and to try to reconcile with Nit.

War is coming to an end, but it is not over, Love and Hope have to help people overcome the evils of war, and have to help usher in an era of Tranquility for Humanity.

it is thought to be almost too late.

some will have lost all hope and say everyone is doomed.

by now the Lif Twins are too weak to even move or speak, and Ado and Ig seem to be fading in a completely different way. the Lifs mean everything to the two.

Life has taken such a hit, so many people have died, so many people left in despair and rage and left hopeless and without loved ones, that Life itself seems almost gone. the Light and the Dark of people rely on the spark of life being within people, if that is lost, they do not exist.

Nit herself is significantly weaker, but the effect of Ar and his group on her makes her ignore the lessening of her, and she ignores it.

humanity, stubborn and refusing to believe anything is wrong during times of War and Hatred, and wishing with foolish passion to perservere, ignore the destruction it is causing itself, and continue in vain attempts to end it quickly by continuing to fight and kill one another

on that night, Quil and Ov and Pe, go to Nit, in an attempt to reverse everythign that happened because of Ar and his group.

the first vestiges of Tranquility begin to show when Love and Hope make a seemingly sudden comeback. people begin to try to heal the wounds placed upon all of humanity, and people come together.

after one of the few major fights in the game, Nit and Quil finally make it back together, and they share a wonderful moment.

well this is mostly for the romance fans :/ but it also represents the moment when War passes and Humanity begins to repair itself in a time of Tranquility.

then they all realize that Ar was nowhere to be seen.

Drama.

he'd snuck off.

more Drama, and also the two mean that War isn't totally gone, the seed remains, War can and most likely will come again.

and the Lif twins only had the fading Ado and Ig as a defense.

after War, the crime increase during war doesnt instantly fade, and there is steal a threat, the Ado and Ig thing is that the big players in the War on War don't have the ability to move immediately, and only the average people(such as local law enforcement) are the defense against the last remains of war and evil, which actually never entirely leaves.

(this is when the action comes in in the end for those who have to have it...)

standard RPG action, which will probably have to be included throughout the entire game.

Quil and Nit lead Ov and Pe to the final area.

mostly just video game Drama and Suspense.

the Lair of the Lif Twins.

once again, Video Game Drama. don't know if there was any symbolic relevance... although being in the lair of Life itself shows that if Love and Hope don't prevail, everyone is screwed since Life itself dies... I think.

when they arrive Ado and Ig are nearly completly faded, and Ar holds his finishing blade in his hands to end the Twins.

mostly video game drama, usually War is stopped and people continue normally long before Life is actually on the verge of death. usually.

Quil stops Ar, who gets enraged, then Ov and Pe interrupt the blow.

I forgot to put that Ar tries to strike out at Quil. it means that War never seems to be over when it does, and if people get careless, War WILL seem to just suddenly and violently continue where it left off. Love and Hope means everyone has to be ACTIVELY involved against War, even after it is over.

Ar is weaker than he was before, when Nit was on his side, but still a challenging enough fight.

meaning final boss time.

afterwards, Ar swears to not give up, Lif will end, and Nit will be his, its his promise.

well, Drama, but also means that we have to be careful, or all of humanity wil fall to war and Life will be over.

then Ar vanishes.

yah, you guessed it, video game drama once again. also once again showing that War is never truly finished.

and it is said that a few months in there world later, Quil and Nit return to life as normal, still fixing the damaged relationship Ar and his group caused.

even when Tranquility is restored, it takes a long time for people to become used to the idea that they dont have to be afraid of their house suddenly exploding above their heads

Ado and Ig are completely back, but the Lif twins are still just within ability to walk around there Lair.

as it is easy to make Life wither, hard it is to bring it back.

and Ov and Pe run freely.

yay, hope and Love is prevalent in Tranquil times.

but Ar, Vil, Reed, and Atre have not yet given up. they want Nit. nothing can end them. just as nothing can truely end Quil Ov or Pe. but Ado, Ig, Nit, and the Lif Twins werent as the other seven were. they are vulnerable, weak. they rely on the others to live.

meaning that War, Evil, Greed, Hatred... Tranquility, Love, Hope(and Peace, who is Ace), can't truly be destroyed, since something else will always pop-up that can continue them. Humanity and its Life, and its dark and bright halves rely on Tranquility, Love, Peace, Hope, and even to some extent war evil greed and hatred, to survive. when Humanity ends Life and the halves of it will end too. but the rest can survive, as anything can war, anything can be evil, anything can love.

so heres what we need:

a Spriter: for the character sprites(and, I suppose battlers... if we need them)

a Scripter: for certain scripts, like Menu Script, there wont be shops, as the main characters are the only characters(unless others disagree)

Eventer: for some things better done with events than scripts

Music Person: someone able to make some nice tunes that'll be nice for the feel of the game.

Mapper: to make the maps

Symbolist: well I have some good symbolism(I think?) but if someone has ideas on how to incorporate it into the game via movements or dialogue, itd help.

Drawer: well for character art maybe... show people what they look like in a maybe anime-style? its one of the less-important(in terms of development) jobs... but itsone of the ones I want done the most. if people don't want to involve character art... thats ok.

Quil = Tranquility
Ace = Peace
Reed = Greed
Pe = Hope
Ov = Love
Ar = War
Lif = Life
Nit = Humanity
Ado = Shadow
Ig = Light
Vil = Evil
Atre = Hatred

EDIT: there... now this thread is all Spiffy and... un-... -spammed with guesses?

Aqua

I'd happily be the eventer of this project.  I'm pretty good with eventing and such... just gotta be motivated :P
Hm... I can make movement systems... vehicles... some mini-games... but can't make... I dunno :P

Diokatsu

i guess i can help with what ever......probly story if thats ok as i don't rly care for nor am talented with RPG maker...im ok with concept deign but seeing as you have the concept I can do some symbolism stuff....im good with incorperating idea into stuff i think just tell me how you want it to feel

Blizzard

You should edit your first post and add that info, Ulta.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

will do... and I'll clear out the first page, sinec thats all guesses...

Fantasist

Quotea Scripter: for certain scripts, like Menu Script, there wont be shops, as the main characters are the only characters(unless others disagree)

I'm in :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Vell

sweet.

so now we have a scripter and an eventer.

Vell

:/ you guys all make me upset. I want to get this project off the groundish, its fun and a cute idea, and I think it could be fun to make and stuff.

Punn

Vell

Whatever, forget I ever asked for your guys' help.

Blizzard

July 31, 2008, 06:47:38 pm #10 Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:48:24 pm by Blizzard
Don't be upset Ulta. You should have seen how I got over 20 people for "Chaos Project - The Three Moons" which should have been revived as "Project Pheonix" which died, too. RM community projects simply don't survive. I'm not sure if there is even one community project that was finished except for MAYBE, BUT ONLY MAYBE rmxp.org.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.