Pirate's Map

Started by G_G, November 21, 2011, 08:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Version 0.8

Info

Pirate's Map is a desktop application for Windows based operating systems. It allows you to search for torrents through thepiratesbay.org with ease and speed. Also comes without the advertisements and popups unlike the real site. This was created with experimental HttpRequests and HtmlParsing and the result was promising.

Features

• Search through thepiratesbay.org with ease

• Browse through 6 categories, including an "all" category

• Fully functional page system

• View torrents description

• No bullshit, no ads, no popups

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Usage

1. Search for torrent (Don't forget to choose category)
2. Click Search
3. Double click and of the results to bring up the torrent description
4. Click torrent to download the torrent file

In order to use this application, you must have your own Torrent Client. And that program must be associated with the file type extension ".torrent" for it to successfully work. If you have uTorrent installed you should be fine.

License

This program is 100% legal. The software presented does not download the files contained within a torrent. It merely just downloads the torrent file and opens it up. This program is in no way affiliated with "thepiratesbay.org" and in no way does the software support or download any piracy. The usage and creation of this software is intended for experimental and educational usage. This software, nor its creator, is not responsible for what you download and any legal issues you encounter. The author is not responsible for any viruses you may concur through torrents. The author is not responsible for failure of computer hardware or software that may occur through downloading torrents.

By downloading this application, you automatically agree to the above terms and can no way at all hold the author responsible for any of the stated claims. This license was put here to protect the author from any legal issues that concur with piracy. Thank you for understanding.

Download

Pirate's Map 0.8 (Direct)

1. Download Zip
2. Extract
3. Run

Notes

The program isn't quite finished yet. I still have to allow browsing of all of the categories. I still have to implement some failure preventions and finish the page system. The page system is completely functional, its just that if theres only 3 pages for a search result, it'll let you go past 3. However, if you do go past the number of actual pages, it'll just display the first page's results. Version 1.0 will come sometime during this week with the full amount of planned features. If you guys have any suggestions or run into any errors, please post here and lemme know. Happy pirating!

Also, I strongly suggest you use the actual website instead of this application. Thepiratesbay.org is much more functional when it comes to browsing. This was all experimental because in an upcoming project, I'm going to have to deal with HtmlParsing and HttpRequests and whatnot.

This is not a torrent client itself, just a search engine more or less.

ForeverZer0

Very neat.

Any way to allow for viewing comments, or plans to include such a feature?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

Its planned. I also need to include size of torrents too.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews