Help out a fellow member, for real

Started by Subsonic_Noise, November 08, 2011, 04:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

November 08, 2011, 04:35:24 pm Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:04:36 am by Subsonic_Noise
So, as some of you might have heard, my harddrive died, and with it deleted all music I ever made, including the postrock EP I had announced, and some people already ordered. The data is not recoverable, so I am working on redoing the album... but, to be honest, right now I am lucky if I have a place to stay every night, and food, and the studios of my school can't be used for commercial stuff... and no matter how much I want it, I can't give out vinyl disks for free.

So, here is where you come in. I published one of my best tracks, 929, on iTunes and CD Baby, and all money I get from it will go directly into music in some way, be it guitar strings, microphones, studio sessions, fees I have to pay, etc. etc. etc.
If there is an interest in that, I can put up a paypal donate thing... and everyone who donates gets something I still have to figure out, definitely the finished EP though.

Some of you might know of this. http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,10779.0.html
Yes, my life situation isn't all that good right now. But I can deal with that, that's not what I ask for help for. This is about music.

So, here's the link.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ksciaa
It's on iTunes under the name "929 (Single Version)", but keep in mind I get far less from itunes.

Donations should be possible through this.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=VC9CX4WD7L8MG

I appreciate anything, though, so if you don't want to do either I'm happy if you helped spread the word, too.

Thank you.

Fantasist

I have no means of buying or donating through the given medium, only through direct cash in Rupees. I'm sorry. If there's any other way I can help, please let me know.

Was this post unnecessary? I know I couldn't do anything, but I couldn't just sit quiet. Posting would at least convey my gesture, is what I thought. Other than that, best of luck to you Sub, You'll get past shitty times soon enough.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Subsonic_Noise

Thank you, I appreciate it. :)
And well, there are tons of things you could do that don't involve buying it... it'd be really amazing if you'd just spread it around a bit. Send it to your friends, to your enemies, your parents, grandparents, distant cousins, boss, maths teacher, and force randomers on the streets to buy it at gunpoint. It'd be awesome. :) (except for the randomer at gunpoint)

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Kett Shee

Well, I just tried to donate all of my Paypal money because I sure as hell won't use it, but it wants me to connect my account to a bank account or credit card that I don't have. :/

Like Fantasist said, you're sure to find better days soon. Just keep up hope. :)

I came back from months of absence to post in this thread, only to leave just as quickly. I'd just like to say that I wuv all of you.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Subsonic_Noise

Thanks to you two :3
Also, I somehow get the impression barely anyone is even reading this. :/ Come on people.
Seriously, I'm homeless right now, I have to live at different friends / relatives houses every few weeks or so. Music is one of the few things that keep me going, and I am trying to gather some money to keep exactly that up... and I am even offering something in return. You could at least read the topic.

G_G

Gimme a few weeks. I'm gonna try and get one of those prepaid visas. I just need to find some odd jobs to do for people.

Subsonic_Noise

Thank you, that'd be amazing :) You don't have to give blowjobs for this though. Just thought I should add this.

G_G

I was thinking more along the lines of accepting cash from women while they give me blowjobs. :V

Subsonic_Noise

That works, too. Just concider that if you accept blowjobs by men, too, that about doubles your income statistically. :V

Tazero

And they usually swallow :D BONUS >:D

Also ... I hope you are better off soon o-o

I like ur music D:

If you were a fish...

Subsonic_Noise

-sigh-
Bump.

Quote from: Tazero on November 12, 2011, 07:44:53 am
Also ... I hope you are better off soon o-o

I like ur music D:

Thank you.

Vell

Sorry dude, I don't have any money. I'm doing odd jobs just to provide for myself xD

Subsonic_Noise

That's alright, though I still appreciate sharing and spreading it around, which is pretty much free :P

Subsonic_Noise

-bump-

*sigh* come on. Even if you don't want to buy it, sharing is free and helps alot. Or at least commenting.
What's the deal with that?

SBR*

November 25, 2011, 05:32:56 pm #16 Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:43:43 pm by SBR*
I'm sorry, Sub, I didn't see this before. I donated anyway :) (in case you didn't know, I'm the Serge guy. The Dutch/Semi-French version of Serge, so not Sergius, not Sergio, not even Sergei, Serge). I'll check out the song on iTunes too :).

I do wish you the best of luck.

EDIT: That song is truly epic, so I bought it.

EDIT: Wait, can't you download songs from youtube? And haven't you uploaded a lot of songs on youtube?

Subsonic_Noise

Thank you, I love you, and I would like to inform you that you are the third buyer, and every buyer gets a free digital copy of the album as soon as it's finished, and for donators I still have to figure something out, but be aware that you are getting both benifits :P
Seriously, thank you, though. I really appreaciate it.
Quote from: SBR* on November 25, 2011, 05:32:56 pm
EDIT: Wait, can't you download songs from youtube? And haven't you uploaded a lot of songs on youtube?

Well, yes... but I'm really not trying to *force* anyone to buy my stuff. It's for people who like the music and want to support an indipendent artist, and in return get the highest quality available of the track. :)

SBR*

I just wanted to say that you luckily haven't lost all of your music, and that it's such a pity there's no download link/iTunes, because there's one specific song I know of I would absolutely love to buy. You posted it in the Shoutbox a long time ago (probably a few months) and in the picture you could see a forest during fall. Classical music. You aren't forcing me to buy it; I just would like to listen to it when playing MC :).

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: SBR* on November 26, 2011, 08:25:17 am
I just wanted to say that you luckily haven't lost all of your music, and that it's such a pity there's no download link/iTunes, because there's one specific song I know of I would absolutely love to buy. You posted it in the Shoutbox a long time ago (probably a few months) and in the picture you could see a forest during fall. Classical music. You aren't forcing me to buy it; I just would like to listen to it when playing MC :).

The song you are talking about is "This Time will never Pass".  :) http://soundcloud.com/ksciaa/this-time-will-never-pass-1 Fun thing is, I still have the raw audio of this one on one of my school computers, so I actually might to a better mix of it and put it up.. thing about selling my music is, I pay 15€ to get one song put up, and from what it looks like now I don't even get that back. >.< But yeah. I might try. About the other tracks, thing is that they mostly were low quality previews... and the multitracks are lost one way or the other.

Also, thanks to Fantasist for sharing the link to this topic in his sig. I really appreciate it. :)

Fantasist

SBR*

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 08, 2011, 08:51:20 am
Quote from: SBR* on November 26, 2011, 08:25:17 am

The song you are talking about is "This Time will never Pass".  :) http://soundcloud.com/ksciaa/this-time-will-never-pass-1 Fun thing is, I still have the raw audio of this one on one of my school computers, so I actually might to a better mix of it and put it up.. thing about selling my music is, I pay 15€ to get one song put up, and from what it looks like now I don't even get that back. >.< But yeah. I might try. About the other tracks, thing is that they mostly were low quality previews... and the multitracks are lost one way or the other.

Also, thanks to Fantasist for sharing the link to this topic in his sig. I really appreciate it. :)

Actually, I was talking about 'It's too late'.

SBR*

I was wondering if your situation has improved yet. Are you still sleeping at your friend's houses?

Subsonic_Noise

Nope. Her father kicked me out.. classic. Currently at stepfather's place, but I managed to get a bit of money together and am currently working on the first few songs for the album again :)

SBR*

I'm glad to hear that and I'm looking forward to the album :)! I wish you good luck once again.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: SBR* on December 26, 2011, 06:30:26 pm
I'm glad to hear that and I'm looking forward to the album :)! I wish you good luck once again.

Thank you :3