[XP] Temporary stat boost

Started by Sacrifyx, November 10, 2011, 07:57:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacrifyx

November 10, 2011, 07:57:47 am Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:03:50 am by Sacrifyx
Wondering if this will be possible without a script...

The idea is kind of like Fallout 3/NV's Well Rested deal, where you sleep in an owned bed and get an XP boost for an hour or something

Basically, when you sleep at an inn, you're given a choice of a normal room or, for some extra cash, a suite. If you stay in the suite, I'd like to boost some of the stats for a period of time afterwards.

I was thinking of just doing HP to keep it from getting too complicated, maybe boosting HP by a hundred or so, and that boost would last until you lost it in battle. I don't want to be able to heal up to the boosted amount, only to the normal max so it wouldn't be time-based at all, and I'd also prefer that the boost not be stackable, i.e., you can't sleep in the suite ten times and gain an extra 1000 hp, but if you lose part of the boost in battle you can sleep in a suite to recover the remainder of the boosted amount. Does that make sense? Is it even doable with events?

Fantasist

Make status effects in the database and inflict them through event commands at the inn event? I think that should work, but the status will be displayed in the menu and battle.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sacrifyx

status being displayed is fine, I don't want the bonus to be kept secret from the player or anything...I'll give that a shot in a little bit and let you know how it goes!

GAX

Should be doable.  If you use a system that displays your status as a text string, then just call the boost "Normal".

In my case, I use events to give status effects for cutscenes and such (such as Rune having the Invincible status during a few fights, Rivendal starting a battle with F.Berserk even though he normally can't use it until later in the game, etc.).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.