Monster Fishing

Started by InfinateX, August 11, 2011, 03:07:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinateX

August 11, 2011, 03:07:24 am Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:02:31 am by Blizzard
The fishing system used in my game! Hope you enjoy. This isn't difficult and it equires editing to be used. No scripts are required to use this event!

Spoiler: ShowHide
I made a signature!

Blizzard

*puts picture into spoiler*
If you explain the system a little bit, this can be moved into the database.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

InfinateX

Oh okay! I thought the picture was enough :S
I made a signature!

jailuis

Umm I was checking the hole thing and i was wondering something xD

1) Wouldn't it be better to use a Common Event?
2) As the system is right now, wouldn't the character be able to fish even on normal ground?? Or are you supposed copy the event and paste it around the water tiles?

Guess that's all for now ^^

InfinateX

1) It can be a common event if you want
2) You would only put it on water tile o.0
I made a signature!

jailuis

August 16, 2011, 07:15:59 am #5 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:19:07 am by jailuis
Yeah  imagined that x3 Oh, and by the way, it isnt something hard to figure out or imagine xD But the same system you used up there could also be used for some sort of Digging/Tresure Hunting system *Guess it would be the same, just that it wouldn't use Bait and the item would be a Shovel, not a Fishing Rod. Could make a fun minigame ^^*

--Of course, the digging system would also require a graphic change and an extra page, so when you dig, you can't dig the same place twice.

InfinateX

I can make that right now for you ^o^
I made a signature!

Boba Fett Link

To turn this into a common event you'd need a way to check if there is water in front of the player, right?

I believe I've seen a short script that does that. However, I have no idea where I found it. I've googled it before but haven't found it.

I remember it was called fishing/swimming starter kit or something like that, and I found it when I was looking for a swimming script...
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

G_G

Someone was requesting a fishing event system I believe and helped them out. You need to set the water terrain tag to 1 or something. Make sure water only has this one. Then you have to do directional checks for the player.
if player up
  if $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x, $game_player.y - 1) == 1
    event here
  end
end

And so on.
For up you subtract 1 from y, down you add 1 to y.
Left you subtract 1 from x, right you add 1 to x

InfinateX

you can always launch a common event from a normal event :D
I made a signature!

AngryPacman

August 22, 2011, 04:53:15 am #10 Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:44:54 am by AngryPacman
That's far too tedious. G_g's way of doing it is way simpler. But I don't think he explained it quite thoroughly. I mean, he gave instructions, but not everyone would know what he means.
if player up
  Script: if $game_player.terrain_tag($game_player.x, $game_player.y - 1) == 1
    Jump to label: Fishing event
  Branch end
else
  if player down
    Script: if $game_player.terrain_tag($game_player.x, $game_player.y + 1) == 1
    Branch end
  else
    if player left
      Script: if $game_player.terrain_tag($game_player.x - 1, $game_player.y) == 1
      Branch end
    else
      if player right      This one is slightly unnecessary, you could leave out this branch and just have the rest as follows.
        Script: if $game_player.terrain_tag($game_player.x + 1, $game_player.y) == 1
        Branch end
      Branch end
    Branch end
  Branch end
Branch end
Exit Event Processing
Label: Fishing event
-normal event-
And, that's that.

And to be a bit more specific, make sure you set your water's terrain to 1, and put the above event in a Parallel Process event. ~ G_G
You know someone was going to ask, just felt like editing your post. ;3
Thanks for clarifying, bud. It was going to happen indeed.
G_G's a silly boy.

InfinateX

While reading the posts I realized you could use simple variables if it were a Common Event.
I made a signature!