Skyrim

Started by Ryex, November 12, 2011, 10:30:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

So Awesome!

That is all.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Better than Oblivion? Well, not that it's hard to achieve...
Better than Morrowind? :O
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

At least as good as it's prequels.

personally I think the combat system has been greatly improved form it's prequels. it's still the same system but it doesn't feel clunky and awkward anymore. in Oblivion and Marrowind it was really hard to tell if your attacks would hit or not and the system in general had a learning curve that killed me. but in Skyrim the awkwardness is gone, it's still the same system but they've smoother out the quarks and added a few things that make it work much better.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

That sounds good. I'll definitely check it out.
I played Oblivion almost 120 hours (IDK how I got that much together, that game was horribly repetitive) and I played Fallout 3 for about 60 hours. So I have to make sure I put some serious time aside when I am going to play this. I've had GTA 4 on my HDD for over a year and still haven't touched it exactly because of that same reason. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Morrowind was too slow paced for me. No fast traveling, hard to make a decent amount of cash. WALK WALK WALK WALK EVERYWHERE. And your character move so slow.

element

HA
Killed 3 dragons already (so proud :D)

I love this game :p

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on November 13, 2011, 08:45:39 am
Morrowind was too slow paced for me. No fast traveling, hard to make a decent amount of cash. WALK WALK WALK WALK EVERYWHERE. And your character move so slow.

You, my friend, obviously never used the Icarus Jump Technique that could catapult you over a quarter of the island without problems.

Spoofus

i personally like the new leveling system and the improved gameplay overall, Bethesda made good improvements for this game, i am satisfied with it thus far myself

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Vell

bows and arrows so broken. Took out a giant and three mammoths at level 5. By the end I was level 7.

Diokatsu

November 17, 2011, 10:34:49 pm #9 Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:36:02 pm by Diokatsu
most broken stats are enchanting and smithing. they make magic cost zero if you have four items that reduce a school of magic'd cost by 25%. so make a full set of daedric armor with enchanting lol. Also, 70 hours in, pretty bro. love the game, not as interesting as morrowind, but just as intricate. overall I'll say it's better.

Quote from: game_guy on November 13, 2011, 08:45:39 am

morrowind was basically a tabletop RPG, but the rewards for the slow pacing was the absurdly cool environment.

ps 40 dragons kill omg :')

G_G

Thanks for the tip dio, I remember doing something similar in Oblvion, I enchanted 5 pieces of armor with 20% chameleon, and I was completely invisible. <3 I bought two copies of the game. I originally bought 1 for the console, my dad started playing it, I haven't used the xbox in a week now. So two days ago I bought the PC version and I'm loving it. It loads maps and saves way faster and its just overall nicer since I can change all the graphic settings.

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on November 20, 2011, 08:43:58 am
in Oblvion, I enchanted 5 pieces of armor with 20% chameleon, and I was completely invisible. <3

Did the same. <3

SBR*

Is the storyline based on its prequels? I've never played any Elder Scrolls game and I can't find I and II on steam :P.

element

Quote from: SBR* on November 21, 2011, 02:49:55 pm
Is the storyline based on its prequels? I've never played any Elder Scrolls game and I can't find I and II on steam :P.

Well the last elder scrolls, oblivion, was made around 2004-2008. so I guess 1 and 2 will prob be platformers or something xD
I've never played any other elder scrools either but I can tell you that mostly only the races and game-style is the same. The storyline is very different, it was different in every elder scrools game I guess.

Blizzard

Ryex

the first two are actually available for free legal download

SBR*

Cool, then I'll be buying it sometime :). After I've finished SS and Mario 3DS of course.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ryex. Ah, that's cool. I'll check a review sometime to see if they're good.

Blizzard

November 27, 2011, 05:17:57 pm #17 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:22:10 pm by Blizzard
Got 4 dragons so far. :3 But I find it lame that dragons are easier to kill than mammoths or giants. I can kill a dragon without using a single potion, but if I go up against a mammoth or giant, I'm basically screwed if I don't have a bunch of potions for healing and magicka. ._. Currently my tactic is softening him up with a few fireballs (Firebolt spell), maybe a Fire shout or two and if I'm lucky enough to get him to land somewhere, I just finish him off with my sword. Not a particular challenge unless the dragon stays in the air where the battle becomes more tedious than a challenge (especially if I don't have many magicka potions ._.).

I once got a giant to fight the dragon for me and the dragon damaged the giant maybe only by half of his health. Basically after a few tries I ended up fighting the giant together with the dragon and the going after the dragon.

Still, dragon battles are fucking epic. I chased my 4th dragon across a whole mountain. That was actually the dragon that fought the giant first. It fled while I finished off the giant so I had to chase it over the mountain. :3 I even got a finishing move on my 3rd dragon. My character jumped on the dragon's head and kept pounding with his sword until the dragon died.

Diokatsu

yeah dude, i know how it feels, but the dragons do get harder later on. Elder dragons kick giants asses and it'll get better once you get Dragonrend ;)

Battles are epic and glad people enjoy it.

Blizzard

Elder Dragons? o.o
<3

*goes off to play Skyrim right now*