Particle System

Started by Blizzard, November 15, 2011, 04:27:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

November 15, 2011, 04:27:38 am Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:29:18 am by Blizzard
ARPIL has an additional library for a 3D particle system (which I am working on at Cateia at this very moment) which would be a nice addition to ARC. The good thing is that it poses almost no additional work for us, because I am currently finishing it up the engine as such and afterwards I'll finish integrating it into AprilUI (which can be optionally compiled with the "particle object" support). I suggest we keep this to ourselves and throw that in a special surprise. We can easily expose a few additional classes in the ARC module to have some additional control.

If you are curious, I am going to add aprilparticle as additional external library now so you can compile it in VS and check out the 2 demos. Particle definitions can be done directly (which usually creates a bunch of code) or simply through an XML file.

I was thinking how we are going to deliver the surprise. Basically we will after the full release of the new engine (not the RGSS clone) just make a few small scripts for starters where we will use the particle system to show off. People will be all like "WTF" and we'll be all like "Oh yeah. We didn't mention that ARC has a particle system. So now you know. :3"
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

great plan for great Justice!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.