Particles

Started by Blizzard, November 15, 2011, 06:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Who doesn't? :D

*downloads and checks contents and stares in awe at April and friends' capabilities*

Will ARC have an in-built particle system? Please say yes, oh please!!!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

November 15, 2011, 08:53:14 am #3 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:54:57 am by Fantasist
Ah, right. It's scriptable >.<

So what is this demo for? Anything you're testing? Or for a game perhaps?

EDIT: What is that rain-like animation below the fire?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

It's rain. xD

It's the basically finished version of our particle engine at Cateia. I finished a huge refactoring process today and I just successfully integrated it for 2D particle animation for our games. This will make some things look a lot better and a lot easier to implement. e.g. We put together a particle system with snowflakes on the screen in just a few minutes and suddenly the scene of one of our newest projects looks distinctively better. xD

The particle library itself is open source as well and uses APRIL as base rendering engine. It might not be as powerful as some other libraries out there, but it's good enough to cover 90% of everything you need.

winkio

Fantasist

@Blizz: Sorry >.< It's just that you used white coloured lines. If you had used gray and blueish images and probably changed the shape of the droplets, it'd look more convincing in comparision to the other effects. I especially like the warp and spiral effects. :)

I think I'll make a particle system addon when addon system is implemented in ARC :naughty:
You said there won't be a functional addon system for the first release, right?

Blizzard

Exactly. But technically you won't be able to access any of the functions to read particle definitions either. But RMXP particle script will still work obviously.

Fantasist

Got it. Besides, with the ARC engine, an RMXP particle system should not cause any noticeable overhead.

MarkHest

G_G

Oh so thats what you meant in that one other topic. Ya know, that you posted in that one section... ._. I totally didn't get the gist of what you said there but this clears things up now. Bravo, Boris, bravo!