The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Boba Fett Link, November 20, 2011, 04:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

The North America release was today.

I'm only an hour into it cause I have to share it with my brother. :<_<: Anyway, I think it rocks.

What do you guys think?
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

winkio

Looks good, going to get it for Christmas.

Diokatsu

Quote from: winkio on November 20, 2011, 04:58:16 pm
Looks good, going to get it for Christmas.

same. sounds like a great game.

SBR*

Vell

SBR*

Alright, so apparently SS has a huge impact on the Zelda timeline. Nintentdo claims that this is 'Where it all begins', ergo this is the very first Zelda game. As Link already has its hat, the Minish Cap can no longer be considered the first one. But please don't give any spoilers; I haven't played it yet :P.

Blizzard

I know only that the Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword in the future. Damm, this game makes me want to buy a Wii. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

Quote from: Blizzard on November 21, 2011, 03:16:50 pm
I know only that the Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword in the future. Damm, this game makes me want to buy a Wii. ._.

Don't

Blizzard

Yeah, games are hard to pirate on a Wii. :V:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Lol, you should buy a WII :). Otherwise you can't play TLOZ: TP either. Or you can wait for the WII U.

Blizzard

I did play TP. I played the GC version on a GC emulator. :=

element

Quote from: Blizzard on November 21, 2011, 03:30:37 pm

If it weren't for that sarcasm smiley... :D

I did hack my WII, I'm not proud of it or anything, it's just that the games suck without paying anyway xD

SBR*

Quote from: element on November 22, 2011, 11:19:07 am
Quote from: Blizzard on November 21, 2011, 03:30:37 pm

If it weren't for that sarcasm smiley... :D

I did hack my WII, I'm not proud of it or anything, it's just that the games suck without paying anyway xD

Agreed; I had/have an R4, but I'm not using it anymore. I only downloaded games I would otherwise not have bought - for example Professor Layton. However, I did buy Layton II... Yeah, I really need to buy that first one someday XD. But oh well.

Anyway, I've bought SS, it's epic :).

Subsonic_Noise

On the topic of pirating games, I have found that being able to have any game there is at any time, for free, kind of takes the excitement out of it. Hard to explain, but I think most of you will be able to understand it.

About Skyward sword, gameplay looks nice, but I can't get myself to like the graphics. I loved the cellshading in Wind Waker, but this just doesn't work for me.
I'd love to play it, though, but every tiny bit of money I can spare right now goes towards either music or a plane ticket.

SBR*

The Graphics do actually really appeal to me.

Off topic again, I'm doubting if I should buy Layton 1 to compensate for the pirated Layton 1 I played...

Boba Fett Link

November 22, 2011, 08:43:53 pm #15 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:45:07 pm by Boba Fett Link
Anyway, back on topic...

If any of you are worried about the motion controls, they work great. I've had no problem, however they take I while to get used to. I'm still not very far in the game, though. I've been really busy this week with school so far.

Also, I personally like the graphics.

element

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on November 22, 2011, 04:31:06 pm
On the topic of pirating games, I have found that being able to have any game there is at any time, for free, kind of takes the excitement out of it. Hard to explain, but I think most of you will be able to understand it.

This, I understand.

Also, do you guys take this game serious?
As in a sence that my idea is that it is way too cartoony and childish.
But that's just what I can make from the trailers...

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: element on November 23, 2011, 06:58:11 am
Also, do you guys take this game serious?
As in a sence that my idea is that it is way too cartoony and childish.
But that's just what I can make from the trailers...

Skyward Sword is definitely not cartoony. The graphics actually resemble Twilight Princess more than Wind Waker. And Wind Waker wasn't really childish, once you got into it. It had a very serious, dark plot hidden behind the bright colors. Skyward Sword is the same way.

winkio

I would like to say that all games are childish.  Just because there are guns and blood doesn't mean that a game is any deeper or more mature, it just means that younger people shouldn't play it.

Boba Fett Link

I totally agree. Games don't need excessive violence to be fun to play.