hey blizzy

Started by Vell, November 22, 2011, 03:27:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

Quote from: Blizzard on November 22, 2011, 03:20:32 am
Exactly. :)

It's still a fun and creative job, though. We just have to be careful while making a casual game not to overdo it.

Responding here because lol derailing.

How goes that, btw? The whole, "get known" thing? Is Cateia games getting noticed by any larger companies yet?

Blizzard

November 22, 2011, 05:01:21 am #1 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:12:02 am by Blizzard
Well, we're definitely moving forward. We could possibly move forward faster, but then we'd have to dedicate ourselves to casual games completely. We have a stream of safe casual projects that will bring in money while on the side we either try to get into another genre of casual games or we're experimenting with projects that are non-casual. Unofficial: We might be able to get our games on Android soon. I'm currently busy with a project and the guy who was responsible for the Android port left so I am in charge of it now. As soon as we have a finished build, I'll get on porting it to Android. We might be able to release one of even several of our games on Android in Q1 2012. Again, this is unofficial. But I am definitely getting in charge of the Android port so things are not as uncertain anymore.

We have a good base engine for our games now and our adventure game engine is also pretty good now. One of the content programmers here should be able to make a new game in roughly 2-3 months which means from the very beginning to a full gold master. The graphic guys need 5-6 months to get the graphics done for a game so we're likely going to hire more people for 3D graphics soon. I work on the stream of experimental projects and projects of other casual genres. Currently we have almost figured out the Build-A-Lot style Time Management genre (games like Royal Envoy, Timebuilders and our own Fate of the Pharaoh) and we have already plans for future games in this genre, including possible sequels to our early experimental games Shaman Odyssey and King's Legacy. I am currently finished up the final touches on that CaTiME (Cateia Time Management Engine) which combines all our experience in the time management genre. This engine should make it possible to make new time management games in 2-3 months (as opposed to even over 6 months) if we count on already having all the graphics ready.

All in all, we're making good progress and we're learning every day. We're also learning about marketing and all that other stuff.
At one point we will definitely dedicate some time to make a more serious type of game. IDK how much time I will currently have because of ARC, but I am planning on making a JRPG called Soul Bearer. I will probably put together a prototype by my own in my own free time and then we will discuss at the company how we could continue the development and make graphics.

Again, this stuff is unofficial.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Sounds boss. Wish you guys luck and if you ever explode onto the scene with a full-fledged game, I'll be sure to check it out and recommend to friends.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.