The Power of the Mind

Started by MarkHest, November 23, 2011, 07:53:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

November 23, 2011, 07:53:45 am Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:18:40 am by MarkHest
The reason i wrote this is becouse i felt a sort of tension to do it, as if there were people in need of this knowledge that did not think of it. So that's the reason i made this whole topic about selfmotivation. I felt that there are people that needed to learn this and that they needed a push on the back. I am not sure if realy have helped a person but i will put it here anyway, just in case. It there realy IS a person that feels depressed over yourself and being goal-less, i write this for you becouse a bit of that tension i got was caused by YOUR feelings, which i felt.

Accept the knowledge and try to understand it, this is only for you <3

Selfmotivation.

Think of yourself in a positive matter and it will make you feel good, becouse you know it's true. Stop lying to yourself!

Just resently i watched a show on how our common selves can be effected by how we think and and see ourselves.
The man talking in the show said stuff that i have always thought about and they realy made alot of sence to me.
So i'll make this topic where we can discuss how we are and what we would like to change with ourselves, or you chould just answer the questions i ask in your own ways and put your own point of view on things, or you chould just point out a small detail.

Our brain is a powerfull POWERFULL tool, there's no doubt about that. We can, with some self controll, even use it to change our environment around us by just thinking. We can effect the the people around us. Spread a smile, share some cheerfull energy or make someone feel bad.

But the main thing of this topic is how we can effect ourselves to "improve" ourselves in a good way. Make ourselves believe in what we do and to feel good about ourselves.

This topic is good for those people that have trouble believing in themselves. I will try to make you think in a positive way.

Focus long enough on a feeling and pull that feeling into your mind at that very moment. Keep it close to your heart and if you lose it, just look for it again. It exists inside you all the time.

This is what i have learned with time and i have realized that you can actually controll how you want to feel, thought it's not easy. It's up to you if you realy want to believe in your emotions or if you just gives up and let thing be as they are. If you feel bad about yourself and want give this a chance, gives up and says it bullshit it means that you don't trust yourself and you need to try harder. It's up to you and your willpower whether you want to improve yourself or not, you've always had that choice.
Sometimes you feel like you can't reach your goal in life becouse you say you don't have the necessary willpower/motivation, or maybe you're not aware of the fact that you lack these things and need to get to know yourself better.

What are you goal and how will you get there?
The show i watched was mainly directed towards reaching your goal and what you needed to do to get there. I will now ask a few questions that i will later answer with my own point of view.
You can yourself pick out a few questions to answer or discuss. You can altso point out something i wrote myself in this post and discuss it or just state your thoughts. I am open to all differences and whatever you may say will not trouble me, just in case you do not agree with me.

I need to go and do something in Real Life now :P So i will write these questions and answer them later. Feel free to point something out already if you feel like it.

EDIT: Okay, so i lost the inspiration to write the questions. I will write it someday when my deeper thoughts are back.

ForeverZer0

I have always believed that how you think directly effects how you feel. I have never seen a case where it does not hold true. The concept is not new, in fact it is in the Bible, though I cannot remember the book and verse, it something along the lines of :

...for what a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

MarkHest

December 31, 2011, 05:13:46 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:26:10 am by MarkHest
For the first time in ages i finaly remembered the dreams i had over one night due to sleeping over 12 hours. The only thing is that they were constantly shifting between nightmares... or rather, they were tryingto become nightmares but i wouln't let them. The dreams altso had some depression to them.

When i woke up i had the most negative mood and i was realy unsure about myself. It's like i had no hope left for the thoughts i had for the future. When i finaly woke up completely i stood up, took many deep breaths and thought: "Fuck off negative thoughts. You're no match for my will. I decide what hopes i have in life and what i want to do... NOT YOU!"

So while i went down to make breakfast i constantly repeated this sentence in my head and for every time i did it i got a little more feeling to it. By the time i was back up at my room with my breakfast i actually laughed (with feeling) towards my depression i felt earlier and looked down on it with pity. I thought: "Did you realy think you could take over my being so easily? Did you honestly believe i was so weak?"
I continued to pride myself.

If you have enough Will Power you can easily overcome any emotional obstacles. ESPECIALLY depression. Depression is often born from how we see ourselves, and by that i mean, looking down upon ourselves.
So if you want to fight depression, do the exacy oposite of what you usualy think of yourself! Think that you are strong. Think that you have a high will. Think that you can do anything becouse it is within your power.
No one can contoll your emotions exept you. You can be emotionally effected if you let yourself be effected, but no one can controll them.

So hey! Shape up! You're strong and you know it!
Don't lie to yourself!

Blizzard

I want to expand a little bit on this:

Quote from: MarkHest on December 31, 2011, 05:13:46 am
"Fuck off negative thoughts. You're no match for my will. I decide what hopes i have in life and what i want to do... NOT YOU!"

There is something called negative suggestion and positive suggestion. Rather than explaining it, I will simply demonstrate it. Don't under any circumstance think of a pink elephant. Well, you just thought of a pink elephant. That's negative suggestion. Yes, you did suggest to use positive suggestion in the second half of your post, but you haven't been doing it right in the beginning so I wanted to correct that. Regardless of whether it is in a positive or negative context (such as "do it" and "don't do"), both of them will trigger the same reaction because they are both suggestions. It is usually recommended to use positive suggestions only. e.g. Use "I am funny" instead of "I am not lame" or "I feel great" instead of "I am no depressed". In the particular example I quoted the right way to use a positive suggestion would be "There are only positive thoughts. I decide what hopes I have in life and what I want to do."

In a way you are brainwashing yourself, but if you use negative suggestions, you will brainwash yourself with trying to avoid negativity instead of embracing positivity.

I hope this helps a bit. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

December 31, 2011, 07:48:26 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:49:42 am by MarkHest
QuoteFuck off negative thoughts. You're no match for my will. I decide what hopes i have in life and what i want to do... NOT YOU!

Yes, using a more positive form of this sencence will make you calmer and there will not be as much pressure. As you wrote: "There are only positive thoughts. I decide what hopes I have in life and what I want to do."

But the thing is, i wanted to toughen up myself a bit to show my negative sides that i'm the boss. I used that harsh sentence becouse the negativity tried to get a big grip over me and i didn't want to allow that.
Different methods works in different moments or for different people.

But what you said it true Blizzard. If i used a positive suggestion i would feel a lot more calm about it than i did. Maybe even a bit more confident.
But as i said, i was just trying to show my negativity who's the boss ;)

One thing i forgot to mention was another thing i was thinking to myself, this has a bit more of that positive suggestion to it.
The negativity tried to take away what hopes i had for the future so i started thinking: "I realy want this. I have decided this. I am not going to allow this to break down becouse of you(refering to my depression). This is my will and i will work my way towards this goal with happieness and hope. I will gladly fight if obstacles come, becouse i can."

Blizzard

This is ok in certain situations, but it shouldn't be a global mindset. Positivity should be your main motivator, but you shouldn't be afraid to smack your foot in the ground if the negativity is going at you. Again, only in certain situations, but never a global mindset.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

I agree.
And everyone reading this should take Blizzards responce more seriosuly than my 2 last posts :)