Legacy Edition: Default Project Template

Started by Ryex, December 08, 2011, 03:22:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

we will be providing a default project Template for Legacy edition. at the bare minimum it will contain scripts.

here is my thinking.

we should use the improved default scripts Blizz made that are in his scripting manual and modify them to work with ARC (have them use the ARC::Data.load  method ect. amusing that the Load_data method will not be over written)

as for default data I'm not sure. I don't think we should use the RMXP defaults, we should maker ARC as independent of RMXP as possible. this will probably mean that we will have very little interms of resources that arn;t in the ARC RTP.

thoughts?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Can we distribute RMXP scripts ARC?  I would think that it might possibly pose some type of legal issue.  I would say let people use the converter and we can provide the fix for the save. I understand that this is not ideal, but it would also avoid problems.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

Um Zer0? lol! you posted that as a reply to the official pony topic! I had to split move and merge the post :P
as for your question. The legacy edition of ARC is going to be on questionable legal grounds
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,10736.0.html
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

December 08, 2011, 10:38:25 pm #3 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:40:29 pm by ForeverZer0
I don't think the the converter is questionable legally in the slightest bit. It simple reads Marshaled Ruby data, and Enterbrain has no rights over Ruby. Just because something is free doesn't mean you can distribute someone else's intellectual property with it.

The fact that it is free would likely eliminate anybody from actually caring, though, since they can be found publicly anyway, so I suppose it shouldn't pose that big of an issue. Since we are making no profit from it, I imagine the worse case scenario is we are ordered to quit distributing it with them, so screw it I guess, lets use your idea.

As for graphic and audio resources, I say we distribute nothing, though it matters little to me. It might be nice to have ARCs true full release come with the new RTP, and it still be new and fresh.

EDIT:
Oh yes, and about the Pony topic: :facepalm:
I did that from my phone. I had read the topic earlier, and was returning to respond, and my fat finger must have pressed the wrong icon.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I think Zer0 is right. The RTP isn't done yet so there is no point in distributing it with the first release of ARC.
The default ARC Legacy scripts actually are RMXP's scripts so I think we shouldn't use them. Just deliver Legacy without scripts. We can post in a forum topic a zip file with all the default scripts in .rb format or whatever.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

perhaps we can distribute a default project that they could use as a template? perhaps in a separate download as a zip file that they could unpack to documents\ARC\Templates so the editor would detect it?

that would satisfy my want to make it be easy to use.

Blizzard

That sounds alright with me.

But before we use my edited default, we should go over them one more time. I remember that it had some minor problems. ._. Basically bugs that I created while editing.
I remember that I have an updated version with probably most bugs already fixed on my HDD at home. I'll post it later on then.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.