[XP] Animated Cms

Started by Juan, January 07, 2008, 08:00:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan

March 13, 2008, 07:15:24 am #20 Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:16:02 pm by Juan
I'll post a demo don't know why the icons images are not showing.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

fugibo

Nice. The only thing I would add is a Real Time thingy above playtime and gold, but that's just me.

Juan

March 13, 2008, 08:16:30 am #22 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:17:36 am by Juan
I got no idea how the playtime window works. Edit I just noticed the location window is off a little bit.
 4468 1422  6617

fugibo

Simple. The Graphics module, which you update every frame, keeps track of how many frames there have been so far and what the average frame rate has been. So all you have to do is divide how many frames there has been by what the average FPS is, and you will get how many seconds the game has been running.

For example:
def refresh
  @total_secs = Graphics.frame_count / Graphics.frame_rate
  hour = @total_secs / 60 / 60
  min = @total_secs / 60 % 60
  sec = @total_secs % 60
  self.contents.fill_rect(x, y, widith, height, sprintf("%02d:%02d:%02d", hour, min, sec))

Juan

Update add option to animate the menu or not. Also added animation  when exiting the menu.
 4468 1422  6617

Juan

Added chapter system, added real time, and improve coding.
 4468 1422  6617

shdwlink1993

Juan, sorry to let you know, but all the links are dead :'(.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Juan

July 07, 2008, 03:48:58 pm #27 Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:38:15 pm by Juan
I'll have to look for my scripts.
 4468 1422  6617

Juan

4468 1422  6617

Starrodkirby86

Juan, your script link is missing a few graphics, being some icons. I don't know where they may be, but can you post a version containing those aforementioned missing Icons? :) Um...either that or you should disable icon use at the default get-go...^^; It's still a pretty sleek menu, I like the transitioning of the windows. Great job.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Juan

Thanks star powersup for testing cms. Reuploads cms
 4468 1422  6617

Starrodkirby86

I noticed you corrected the Versuib typo you had in 4.8. Now, I have a question. I don't want the Options Menu as a choice in the CMS, is there an easy and painless way to remove that? I tried searching for s(n) = (n), but I can't find anything relating to that specific choice.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Juan

August 28, 2008, 07:39:06 pm #32 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:49:07 pm by Juan
Its an easy edit. I'll upload it on sendspace right now. Edit star check your email.
 4468 1422  6617

Starrodkirby86

Thanks Juan, I just was unable to find how to do it...Oh well, thanks anyway. ^_^ *Power-up of Truth*

Thank god for AIM and its instant e-mail notifications. It's seeming to work flawless now, thanks.  :_):

Hellfire Dragon

Is there a way to completely remove the bar style, bar opacity and battle bgm options so they don't show at all?

Juan

September 26, 2008, 05:54:28 pm #35 Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:24:02 pm by Juan
Yeah I will do that now.
Edit
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7otse6
 4468 1422  6617

Hellfire Dragon

Ryex

December 25, 2008, 06:34:45 pm #37 Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:32:20 pm by Ryexander
um Juan?... You have a bit on an error...

in the demo the equip menu dose not work quite right

you have the Y and X of the options in the Equip Item window wrong so that half the options appear almost of the screen next to the first half ( its a simple fix I did in in a few seconds to view it properly)

also I think you forgot to add the lines of code that actually draw the effects (elemental and status inflictions) that the chosen weapon has. you just hav the text and the space there...

Edit: I added the line my self and it works not except for the fact that the text string returns nil if the item your viewing is an armor
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Jackolas

i found a quite strange error. it caused the whole game to crash. so no error message... just a plain crash without info

after excluding all scripts etc. (even tried your demo without any extras) I found out that if you have a auto tile in a map you can't change anything in the option menu ore it will crash.
strange thing. dunno if other people have the same error.

I have a official copy of the RPG maker xp before you ask.

Juan

January 13, 2009, 04:52:10 pm #39 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:36:56 pm by Juan
That's odd. I'll take a look in that. Edit I'll update this script a little later.
 4468 1422  6617