[request] Flying event

Started by Lost_Hope, June 21, 2008, 05:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost_Hope

ok so I have this helicopter that I plan on using for mt game so you can fly around with it. The problem is is that it won't go over water or anything but ground so I was wondering if someone could help me out and tell me how I should right my event

Sally

June 21, 2008, 08:29:23 pm #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:55:50 pm by Susys
i can do it! with... uhh

terren tags
this will be fun.. ill try it...

EDIT: i

i have failed

Blizzard

I think Seph made a script that allows events to be able to go over terrain that has a special terrain tag even though it is impassable. You could also make the helicopter event passable, but then it would be able to go anywhere.

@Susys: Don't double post, use the edit button. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Maybe you should try a cheap way, make a copy of the map where the heliopter is being used, in that map, make everything passable, but keep the bounderies up (I guess) and make landing points, thats where it will warp you to the main map (With all the non-passable and passble stuff..)

Hope this cheap way helps

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: mumerus on June 22, 2008, 08:36:26 am
Maybe you should try a cheap way, make a copy of the map where the heliopter is being used, in that map, make everything passable, but keep the bounderies up (I guess) and make landing points, thats where it will warp you to the main map (With all the non-passable and passble stuff..)

Hope this cheap way helps
The only problem with the cheap way is that you NEED the helicopter to land on any land area. That means you have to put an event for each land space, and since it's a world map...It's going to be a living lagging hell. Of course, this problem is averted when the helicopter has specific docking points, but nevertheless....Living, lagging, hell.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Aqua

June 23, 2008, 10:48:22 am #5 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:58:48 pm by Aqua
Hmmm I'll take a gander at this...
Hopefully I'll succeed :)

Edit:
Okay I have every thing set up to work fine except for tiles that the vehicle cannot go over like mountains.  I'm still working on it though

Edit:
Star said that he thinks you mean the vehicle can go over any terrain so if so, I finished it XD

Okay here's the link that contains the ugliest map ever... with the flying event :):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jz8hl
Tell me if you need something changed or don't get it or something.

Lost_Hope

that's amazing!
if you can get it to fly over mountains, then I would totally love it!

Aqua

June 23, 2008, 05:52:53 pm #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:01:13 pm by Aqua
I think it already can fly over mountains... lol
Just add a terrain tag of 1 to the mountains so you can't land there.

Lost_Hope

hey i copied and pasted the events and stuff and changed all the stuff, but it wont let me move at all

Aqua

Hm... what scripts are you using?
Are the switches/variables already in use?
And did you copy and paste them in the same order?  So that they keep the same event id?

Lost_Hope

June 23, 2008, 11:03:26 pm #10 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:06:35 pm by Lost_Hope
oh nvm i just realized what it was. I am already using those variables so that could be the reason! lol!

oh and do you think you could also make me a vehicle script like a car script?

I am adding a motorcycle (If anyone could find me a sprite of cloud's motorcycle I would deeply appreciate it!)

Aqua

Lol just make sure that you change all the variables to the unused ones.  I used I think... 5 but in like 15 places XD

Lost_Hope

oh and do you think you could also make me a vehicle script like a car script?

I am adding a motorcycle (If anyone could find me a sprite of cloud's motorcycle I would deeply appreciate it!)

Aqua

Hm... a car should be the same thing... except on the Vehicle mover event, just don't have the Through ON part.

Lost_Hope

ok thank you! I deeply appreciate it!

um...can you help me out on my game? lol

Aqua

Depends on what you need help with. lol

Lost_Hope