HP script (Easy)

Started by Andy, June 21, 2008, 06:53:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

This script should hopefully be pretty easy lol

I need a script that simply makes the character's HP tick away one by one, but really fast.

Kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSSEI6ypqEs

Notice how when a character loses or gains HP how the letters go up or down? I need a script that does that, but it doesn't have to be real fancy like that (it can be though :D)

I figure it's possible since the rgss timer ticks away numbers =P

If someone could do this for me, that'd be sweeeet.  ;D

Phasedscar

The HP script you're asking for is pretty specific to that battle script.  It's called Rolling HP/PP bars and it's from Earthbound.  As a matter of fact that whole battle looks like it came from the Earthbound Battle script which I think can be found on RMRevolution or RPGmaker Revolution.

Anyway, my guess is there's a lot more into it then you'd think but I've always loved the rolling bars myself.  Plus it added in the strategy that even if your character dies, if you heal them in time they can still live.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Sally

i never played mother3 but people tell me its good game...

Andy

I couldn't find it on either of those sites ;_;

If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated  ;D

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Andy on June 22, 2008, 09:20:05 pm
I couldn't find it on either of those sites ;_;

If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated  ;D
I did a search myself...The closest thing I found was an Earthbound Battle System created by Yeyinde, but the system was for private use...If one were to want it however, they must purchase it from him for I think 50 USD, that's quite the pretty penny. My apologies. T_T

However, I'm noticing some Earthbound related items for RPG Maker VX, such as maybe a Battle System for that? Don't know for sure. Apparently, people are saying you can emulate the drug-like backgrounds of the Earthbound battles. And they say there's a script for that. If you're interested, I can dig that up for you.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

As I said in this topic already, my animated background add-on in Tons of Add-ons can make battle backgrounds animated. xD

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andy

Thanks, Blizzard I got that ^o^

All I'm really looking for this time is the Rolling HP script  ;D

Punn

I thing I like about it is that you can recover before the HP reaches zero..

Andy

That's part of the strategy. It's a really nice feature  ;D