XP Interior Door Tutorial Request

Started by Camellia, December 21, 2011, 12:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Camellia

I'm not sure if there was already a tutorial for interior doors OR if it's even possible to make an interior door. I'm totally at my end on trying to find out how to make doors as realistic as real life. :'(

I tried Google, all kinds of RMXP sites, nevertheless my search was a thumbs down every time. None of them were what I'm looking for. >:(

I already have a door that are transparent in the middle.
Spoiler: ShowHide
(don't know if I should put this image as spoiler, so whatev'.

Just in case you have no idea what the heck is an interior door: Walking into a room WITHOUT teleporting. Being able to open and close the door freely. Almost like real life.

So now, I just need to figure out how to make it happen. To RMXP experts around here, I hope you could write a tutorial on this or give me a link to one. Thank you in advance. :^_^':

P/S: IF this needs a SCRIPT, I-*sigh*. :facepalm:
QuoteDon't listen to those who say you're taking too big a chance.
-If he had-, Michelangelo would've painted the Sistine floor.

Boba Fett Link

It's pretty easy. Map the path where the door should go instead of a wall behind it, then make the door event. When it opens, turn 'through' on. If you want the door to stay open forever or able to be closed, use a separate event page for the door open. If you want the door to close again after you leave the map, use the move command to make 'through' on instead.

Hope that helps. If you need pics, I can provide them.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Camellia

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on December 21, 2011, 04:00:26 pm
Hope that helps. If you need pics, I can provide them.

Thanks for replying. But I hope you can provide images that shows each step. It's easier that way for me to understand. Thank you for your effort and time!

Boba Fett Link

December 22, 2011, 04:23:36 pm #3 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:07:08 pm by Boba Fett Link
Okay, I'll put them up soon.

Edit:

Okay. Make the map like this:

The door will go on the tile selected. Make the event there, like this.

This will allow for a door that, once open, will stay open until the player leaves the map. To make a door that stays open forever, change the event to this:

Make a second event page with the self switch of A turned on, the graphic of the door open, and the through switch on. To make a door that can be open and closed at will, change the second event page to this:

The player needs to move back, or else he will be caught in the door. The 'wait for move completion' command cannot be used because there are two different movements going on at the same time.

Here are some images of the final product.

Hope this helps. You can also create treasure chests in a similiar manner.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Camellia

Thank you! A great help. Sorry for being so noob-y.  :D