Opera Lover's Thread

Started by ForeverZer0, May 22, 2011, 01:43:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

May 22, 2011, 01:43:25 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:27:56 pm by ForeverZer0
I'm starting this thread so that Opera users can share cool extensions that they have found, little tips and tricks, or general discussion of the browser.

This is not a place to discuss which browsers are better. The browser that you use is merely a preference, and this thread is not for comparing one browser to another. Posts like "Chrome can do that better", or "Firefox doesn't need an extension for that, its built in" are NOT to be posted here.

Anyways, I would like to share a few cool things I have found regarding Opera. The first and foremost is a new build to the browser. This link will become outdated in a relatively short amount of time I'm sure, but here it is:

Opera 11.11.2109

This build has not yet (at the time of this post) been released as the newest version at the Opera site, but I will personally attest that the stability issues with previous versions have been fixed in this build. I have been using it for about a week with this build, and have not experienced a single crash, even viewing sites that used Flash, which seemed to have made it worse. Prior to this version Opera would crash on me about every 15-25 minutes, which was becoming very irritating.

Extensions

• Pastebin: Extension to have your Pastebin account built right into your browser. You are always only one click away from being able to access your account and add new pastes.

• DropBox: Have easy, direct access to your DrobBox account right through your browser. If you don't know what DropBox is by now, or don't have an account, you can register here.

• Opera Configurator: Take control of every last setting with your browser. Lets you change practically every detail to suit your needs.

• Virus Total Extension: With this extension, you can submit any link, download, or file to the website through your browser. Once submitted, it will be scanned using practically every single anti-virus program on the market, and you will be given a detailed result of what each AV found during its scan, before you click it. Great for downloads you may be worried about.

• LightShot: This little tool allows you to take a snapshot of any webpage simply by click-dragging a selection box over any portion of the screen.

• HotkeyBB: Allows you to use hotkeys to insert BB code into text boxes, very nifty for posting on forums.

• Easy User CSS: Lets you quickly and easily modify the style sheet that any webpage uses. The changes can be saved, and the new styles of colors, fonts, and pictures used will be displayed for you everytime. Awesome tool for those who are not happy with the styling of their favorite sites.

• Extend Tube: Makes youtube so much better. Have not had to deal with a single fucking advertisement in ages. Can also add buttons to youtube videos like Download button, Skip frames, rewind, enable/disable loop.

• Google Images Direct: When browsing google images, you click an image, it'll take you directly to the image instead of dealing with the actual site first.

• Youtube Dark Simplified: Gives youtube a dark theme. Much easier on the eyes.

Please feel free to share more!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on May 22, 2011, 01:43:25 pm
  • DropBox: Have easy, direct access to your DrobBox account right through your browser. If you don't know what DropBox is by now, or don't have an account, you can register here.

You bastard.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jragyn

May 22, 2011, 01:54:46 pm #2 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:58:22 pm by Jragyn
Actually, you should click HERE to sign up for dropbox.
Much better than Zer0's link.
Really.  :naughty:
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

And the passive-aggressive war of the DropBox referrals continues....

EDIT:

WAIT! Why was Jragyn's post modified by Blizzard?!  :ninja:
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Jragyn

>:(

BLIZZARD.
CHEATER.
THATS CHEATING.

NO GAMESHARK ALLOWED ON DROPBOX REFERRALS.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

G_G

Extend Tube - Makes youtube so much better. Have not had to deal with a single fucking advertisement in ages. Can also add buttons to youtube videos like Download button, Skip frames, rewind, enable/disable loop.
Google Images Direct - When browsing google images, you click an image, it'll take you directly to the image instead of dealing with the actual site first.
Youtube Dark Simplified - Gives youtube a dark theme. Much easier on the eyes.

Blizzard

Curses! The schemes I have been plotting have been revealed! >:O

Quote from: game_guy on May 22, 2011, 02:08:20 pm
Extend Tube - Makes youtube so much better. Have not had to deal with a single fucking advertisement in ages. Can also add buttons to youtube videos like Download button, Skip frames, rewind, enable/disable loop.

*installs*

Spaceman McConaughey

G_G

Quote from: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 03:04:46 pm
Curses! The schemes I have been plotting have been revealed! >:O

Quote from: game_guy on May 22, 2011, 02:08:20 pm

*installs*

You have to check the box "Hide Brand Image" in case you're wondering.

Spaceman McConaughey

I am going to put this new version of Opera through some tests, because I had the same stability problems as F0, it seems.

G_G

Kick Ass - Turn any web page into an asteroid style game.

ForeverZer0

New update for Opera. This is Opera Next. It will install side-by-side with your existing Opera.

Download Page
Changelog

Note that in this version, you can FINALLY use a simple Ctrl + Click to open links in a new tab, instead of the Ctrl + Shift + Click, although that will still work.  Yaaaaay!

G_G

May 31, 2011, 06:39:31 pm #13 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:40:50 pm by game_guy
Meh, I just right click, Open in new tab. Besides, it says these releases may be unstable and bug filled. Its just to keep up with beta versions.

ForeverZer0

Bumping this topic because Opera is still awesome.

On another note, Opera 11.6 was released today, so update if you have not already. The built-in mail client has been much improved. I may even switch from using Outlook and use it in its place.

Here's a link to what's new.