Hello everyone!

Started by thephantom, December 24, 2011, 01:56:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thephantom

My name is thephantom, and I decided to join your site because I love making games, and I love that your community focuses on more than just RPG Maker.

I have to admit signing up to your site got me tricked.  I couldn't manage to get past the bot test.  haha.  I didn't read the part where it said to only add the first and last.  Tricky!

Well a little bit about myself...

I have a passion in making games. I started with Game Maker, made a crappy RPG with the default pac-man example. Then I found RPG maker 2000, loved it. Made several games of only a few maps each, never finished one. Moved to 2003, made a game with about 1 dungeon's worth of content. Then XP came out, and I couldn't keep up. I got distracted with other things, and never got around to using XP. And finally, I started working on making a game with Flash and ActionScript.

My current game I am making is an online RPG and I am using ActionScript. At first glance it looks like an RPG maker game, but really isn't. It runs completely in the web browser just using flash. It is still in early development, but is coming along nicely. Since I am not using any existing engine I have to create all the features myself. It takes time, and has slowed me down a bit. I would love for people to test it out and give suggestions to help me make it better. I think I will make another thread about it and keep you all updated on its progress.

Beyond making games, I am a tv junkie and play some games. I watch hulu and netflix almost constantly. I enjoy Stargate, Star Trek, Grey's Anatomy, House, Bones, The Office, Fringe, and Chopped, just to name a few. I mainly play World of Warcraft, I am alliance, I got a 85 tank, healer, and dps, so if you ever want to group up to do some heroics let me know! I also play some minecraft and skyrim when I get a chance.

Thanks for having me!  Hope to get to know you all in time!  :haha:
<br />

Ryex

well Phant (can we call you Phant? it's much shorter and conducive to quick typing), it's great to have you. Welcome to Chaos!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

thephantom

Thank you for the welcome! 

Does anyone go into the chat room much any more? I tried it out using the mibbit link I found in one of the threads, and only Batman was in there... haha
<br />

Ryex

Batman is our bot. and for the most part me Blizz, MarkHest and sometimes Winkio or are in the chat, if you post a shout that you wan to talk in the chat and then wait a bit someone will join. I'm in there now so you know :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Welcome to our humble home of Chaos. :3 I already know you'll fit in quite perfectly. You've got a great looking project already and you've got a great attitude already. ^_^

Fantasist

Welcome to CP :)
Love your avatar. Reminds me of another alias of mine called LiveZombie, and I always wanted a zombie pic with glasses and/or reading a book xD
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

MarkHest

SBR*

thephantom

Thanks for the welcomes!

I got my avatar from Plants VS Zombies... haha.   It has a built in avatar creator.

<br />

ForeverZer0

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Starrodkirby86

Our anti-botting registration system seems to be working a little too well!

Nice, extensive history. And actionscript, kudos to you on that... :)

Great to see you, welcome, welcome! Already seen some of your topics, and I'm already with glee at them.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).