Holiday Gift thread

Started by Ryex, December 25, 2011, 12:16:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

December 25, 2011, 12:16:36 pm Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:09:30 pm by Ryex
I got some pretty awesome gifts this year. I also got a gift that I'm not sure what to do with but it's still awesome. What about you guys?

I got a 3TB external network harddrive
New shoes (badly needed)

and my uncle sent me a book out of his collection. a book printed in 1871. Its title is "Historical Evidence on the Origin and Nature of the Government of the United States"
it's an incredibly valuable gift but I have no CLUE what to do with it. I almost want to read, it but this copy is 140 years old!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

stripe103

Hmm, let's see what I got this year..

A 1.5 x 1 meter big Battlefield 3 poster,
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for my PSP,
2 cinema tickets,
A set with screwdrivers
and then some moniez.

I think that was all. Nothing too valueble, but I'm still happy with it :D

Subsonic_Noise

December 25, 2011, 12:55:47 pm #2 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:23:01 pm by Subsonic_Noise
1tb Harddrive
Shure SM57 (legendary guitar amp mic)
Vegan cooking book
Pasta Plates
30€ voucher for a shopping centre
40€
Some smaller stuff.. and that's it.
Not all that much compared to what other people get, but potato potato. This was the happiest christmas for quite some years and it has nothing to do with presents.

Spaceman McConaughey

A pair of Skull Candy headphones(meh...).
A pair of earphones(meh...).
A generic Music Bullet thing, or whatever they're called(very meh...).
Lots of chocolates(yay).
A $100 bill(oh fuck yes).
A fancy bag of Old Spice products(great, I guess).
And soon getting a Mountain Bike(which I never did want, and even said before Christmas I did not want at all), that only serves the purpose of forcing bonding between me and my dad. "It's for me and you, Branden." Yeah, funny, because it seems to be all for him, since he's forcing it on me. How the hell is it bonding if it's forced? Seriously.
Two relatives in the hospital.
My parents fighting over pointless shit.

And that is all.

winkio

money
skyward sword
3ds + mario land + mario kart
shirts (long sleeve)
candy

Kett Shee

• A new 5-string Davison bass guitar
    Jolly Roger: ShowHide

• My small practise amp that I was going to use until I could get a real bass amp broke. :/
  • The Eels albums Beautiful Freak and Electro-Shock Blues from my friend.
  • A Gillette shaving kit(Which I actually needed)
  • Harry Potter 6 on Blu-Ray
  • A new pair of Converse All-Stars(Grey low-tops)
  • A year's subscription to Game Informer
  • A Rubik's Cube (Solved several times already)
  • Several awesome nerdy/humorous t-shirts(My favourites being a Guy Fawkes mask shirt and a Gorillaz shirt :3)

Oh, and I asked a girl I've been talking to out two days before Christmas. She said yes. ^-^
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

G_G

2TB Hard Drive
New PSP
-Dissidia 012
-Final Fantasy IV
-Birth by Sleep
-God of War
New 32" TV (been needing a TV)
Awesome Phone Dock

Fantasist

Oh you guys are such lucky folks!

Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Spoiler: ShowHide
FINALLY!!!

Though, it's more of a self-gift. They are not available where I live, but a friend is bringing me one this 29th. I can't wait >.<
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

SBR*

- Sonic Generations for 3DS
- Mario Kart 7
- Money, sorta :)