Since it was irking me...

Started by Starrodkirby86, December 28, 2011, 12:54:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

December 28, 2011, 12:54:25 am Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:58:55 am by Starrodkirby86
On the dark themes, it seems that the Stats box and the Online Users / Thu'um Box images aren't transparent, so there's that awful white background. It's a relatively minor thing, but I was a bit bored and decided to take a stab at blacking things up.

info.gif:

online.gif:

online.gif was a real pain, but I did what I could in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Blizz, if you like the new images, would you care to change them? ^^

EDIT: Matched the black color to the one on the web-page.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

December 28, 2011, 04:29:47 am #1 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:31:48 am by Blizzard
OMG, FINALLY SOMEBODY DID IT!

I probably posted a request for this months, if not years ago.
I think that there are more icons that need to be changed. Is it alright with you if I send you the package so you can edit the rest? There aren't too many.
Also, the best way to do it would be to make the background transparent instead of making it match the background colors so the same images could be used for every skin without change. Basically it's ok if they are PNG instead of GIF.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

December 28, 2011, 04:51:46 am #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:52:49 pm by Starrodkirby86
Oh, sure. I can give the theme a renovation. xD

Yeah, I was thinking that having them transparent would be better, but at this point I was just editing it based off of that flawed style. xD I'll make them transparent instead of restrained to a background though. I prefer that much more.

PM me a zipped package of the theme icons, and I'll take care of it!

EDIT: Awwww yeahhhh. They're done. That's hot. <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on December 28, 2011, 04:29:47 am
OMG, FINALLY SOMEBODY DID IT!

I probably posted a request for this months, if not years ago.
I think that there are more icons that need to be changed. Is it alright with you if I send you the package so you can edit the rest? There aren't too many.
Also, the best way to do it would be to make the background transparent instead of making it match the background colors so the same images could be used for every skin without change. Basically it's ok if they are PNG instead of GIF.

Don't forget I at least tried a long time ago. :P

Blizzard

Quote from: Tuggernuts on December 29, 2011, 03:15:46 am
tried

Exactly. It's not like it's a whole day's work. ._.

@SRK: How long did it take you?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

With talking to my friend and browsing the web... Looking at my timestamps, it seemed to have taken me a half-hour or less in all. It probably could have been much faster if I simply concentrated on it, but ah well, I felt relaxed. I also played it cautiously and fine-tuned it a bit.

G_G

No need to be sarcastic about it Blizzard. He didn't have to attempt it at all. Knowing Branden he probably just got distracted or lost interest or forgot about it. He wasn't under any obligation to do it you know.

Blizzard

Of course. But if somebody says they'll do something and you count on it, you will still get disappointed if they don't do it, even if it's not an obligation.
What I'm trying to say is that it made me a sad Blizzard that he didn't do it back then.

Spaceman McConaughey

They actually never got done because I was having issues with Photoshop and how it was letting me mess with the icons. I also sucked at Photoshop back then. :P

Though I am going to be honest, I had the two done, but I guess they needed work or something(which I was unable to accomplish, due to lack of skill), so not my fault they were never used.

And exactly, it's not a whole day's work, yet you let it sit like that for years. :V:

Why is this thread derailed, exactly? I meant no harm in what I posted, I just wanted to make sure my attempt at least wasn't forgotten. I am glad SRK did it. :D

Starrodkirby86

It's all good. xD

It's a low-priority thing that sort of gets pushed off for so long. I didn't have anything to do really, and it was easy for me to help out, so I wanted to give back!

There were a few more icons besides those two, which also have been done, so everything's spic and span now. :nod:

Spaceman McConaughey

Yes, food job you sexy Asian, you.

Blizzard

Quote from: Tuggernuts on December 29, 2011, 04:57:25 pm
They actually never got done because I was having issues with Photoshop and how it was letting me mess with the icons. I also sucked at Photoshop back then. :P

Though I am going to be honest, I had the two done, but I guess they needed work or something(which I was unable to accomplish, due to lack of skill), so not my fault they were never used.

And exactly, it's not a whole day's work, yet you let it sit like that for years. :V:

Why is this thread derailed, exactly? I meant no harm in what I posted, I just wanted to make sure my attempt at least wasn't forgotten. I am glad SRK did it. :D

I know, but I think G_G misunderstood my post a little bit.
Basically what SRK said. This isn't the main skin and few people used it actually and nobody actually complained about it so I none of us remembered it.

Spaceman McConaughey

I'm just glad to finally see it fixed for good. :)

Blizzard

So am I. :D It's been like this for over 3 years. xD

G_G

Oh yeah, sorry. I slightly misunderstood your post. ._. I hate that because it makes me feel like an ass.

Blizzard

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Vell

I use the dark theme! BECAUSE I AM THE IT, DARKNESS INCARRRRRRRNAAAAA- *shot*

'kay, calm now.

(thanks Kirbs)

SBR*

I've never really used the dark skin, but it looks cool to me, so I'll keep it for a while :). SRK, awesome work :D!