2012 Resolutions/Goals

Started by G_G, December 31, 2011, 07:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Post your resolutions or goals you have for the new year.

Mine include

• Get into shape. Lose my chub and maybe get a bit of muscle tone.

• Get a job and save up for a car.

• Get rid of my outside school anti-social behavior.

• Work towards being a better person towards my family and friends.

These are my goals for the year. This is what I hope to accomplish. I really feel 2012 will be one of the best years of my life. Only if I work towards it though. Which will require me to change my lifestyle and step outside my comfort zone.

winkio

I don't set goals year by year, so I'll just put some recent ideas that I've had:

• Improve my thinking speed

• Get involved in larger/longer term projects and activities

• Improve my focus/attention to detail

• Talk more with my roommates

None of these are physical goals because at the moment I'm physically content, both with my body and with my material possessions.  Not completely content of course, but I put much more value in my mental abilities, so most of my goals are based on that.  Also, none of these are the type of life changing new years resolutions that many people seem to make.  These are simply decisions and abilities that I think will be of large value in my life, both immediately and in the future.

MarkHest

December 31, 2011, 08:48:04 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:50:21 pm by MarkHest
My yearly goals:

• Work myself hard through my studies and study with interest! :) I must altso, naturaly, complete my studies well!

• Learn more about how the mind work so i can help myself and others with their problems.

• Meet a girl ;) (This is a hard one and can be very unconditional)

• Learn some about programming. I will start with Ruby. This is a MUST for me, as well as the first thing i noted.

• Altso become a better artist. In both music and art.

I decide 2012 to be my most self trained year ever. It's going to be filled with happieness and hope. I realy look forward to when my studies start so i can see how well i can work with this fire burning in me now! :D
It's going to a very evolutionary year! I realy look forward to it! :)

Blizzard

• grow balls bigger (in the metaphorical sense) as I am not yet satisfied with the current size :V:

• sync my consciousness and my instincts and subconsciousness further

• improve efficiency of my seduction skills

• learn a lot of useful shit and an even better way of thinking and perspective of the world

• write a book (depends partially on how much I will accomplish the goals I previously listed)

• finish ARC first version

• finish ARC second (real) version

• have another glorious year that I can look back at and say "Fuck yes, I lived."

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

My main one would to be better organized. I'd love to have a clear plan on what to do throughout the day, and it was something that I felt was lost or compromised from numerous other items. Once I get organized in that aspect, I'd love to be more efficient at what I do, so I can enjoy other things more often.

Otherwise, I'd love to improve upon my current qualities right now, as I feel I'm in a good state so far, but, of course, I can do so much better!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shin Migumi

One goal and one goal alone, and that's to finish my game using blizz abs. I've been spiraling around with it for like four years Oo

SBR*

January 01, 2012, 06:43:20 am #6 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:00:08 am by SBR*
I don't believe in yearly resolutions, but I will just improve on some things, much like Winkio said. My biggest problem is that, mostly due to my OCD, I can't do certain things in the present because of things that happened in the past, e.g. in a game called GunZ, I once hacked (it was fun though; flying around through the stages and trolling people for a bit) (so not the hacking of accounts, but of the game itself-ish) and faked to be a GM (this too was just trolling, so no real harm was done). Because of that, I disallow myself to play GunZ or any shooter for that matter. I even don't uses guns in Terraria. I will try to solve this issue ASAP.

Anyway, I wish you all good luck!

Blizzard

I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions either. Usually it works best for me if I just go ahead and do my stuff and I'll eventually get to my goal without having a time limit for my goal. In this case, though, all my goals are quite achievable during this year (except maybe ARC v2).

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

For me:
-Finally start to learn coding properly
-Clear the world of arrow to the knee jokes
-For the rest, I don't really know...

I'll see what I want to do when the idea is there

Blizzard

Quote from: element on January 01, 2012, 08:03:02 am
-Clear the world of arrow to the knee jokes

You had that resolution until this very moment. Then... you can guess what happened. xD

Futendra

- Study more efficient, finish my year
- Finishing my game
- Be more respectful
- Learn about philosophy and stuff
- Lose my fear of failing

Thats about it

Lobstrosity

Hmmm... Goals...

-Cause the apocalypse
-Ensure that I do not die anytime during the year before causing said apocalypse
-Ensure that the apocalypse is indeed apocalyptic and leaves no survivors (This one will be tricky as I will most likely be dead before being able to ensure that everybody else is dead)
-Complete my studies.

That is all.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Tazero

My only goal is to not let my anxiety and other imbalances in my life have such a profound effect on my life

If you were a fish...

Subsonic_Noise

I, being high, told a few friends to remember to text me my new years resolutions. One of them was passed out at the time I told him, so there might be one lost.
Basically, it was

1. Become a generally less crappy musician, focus on instrumental technique and theory.
2. Talk more. In general. I have stuff to say.
3. Meet Iggy.
4. Continue being epic.

I don't need more.

Blizzard

Yes, you do.

- Take over the world.

:3

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on January 05, 2012, 07:32:46 pm
Yes, you do.

- Take over the world.

:3

Probably the one I told my passed out friend.

AngryPacman

G_G's a silly boy.

Blizzard

The Niche

Quote from: AngryPacman on January 05, 2012, 10:01:26 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 05, 2012, 07:12:59 pm
3. Meet Iggy.
Boobs?

Holy shit it is.

I'm mainly posting here because I want to actually work these out:

General goals:
- Fix my relationship with my mother.
- Enjoy school more Thirteen days in, one down. Hell yeah.
- Stop hiding.

Musical:
- Release an album.
- Play my first gig.

Other stuff:
- Finish For Their Greater Glory's third draft.
- Make decent progress into Gauge Wielder.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Futendra

I have one new.

- Spend more time with friends, do some shit with them.
- Experience a halucinate drug

tSwitch

My goal is to not die on the 21st of December.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

G_G

Completely forgot about this topic and the goals that I had posted. What's funny is I've already started working towards these goals not realizing they were apart of my resolution.

Get into shape. Lose my chub and maybe get a bit of muscle tone.[/u]
I started working out roughly three weeks ago. I've already started losing the chub off of my stomach and I'm definitely a lot stronger than before. I'm definitely a lot more energetic and have a lot more stamina. I'm not so lethargic anymore, which is great. On top of working out, I've been eating healthier. I've completely removed soda from my diet; I can't stand drinking soda anymore. My arms are starting to shape up a bit. So this goal is well on its way.

Get a job and save up for a car.
I got a job for the summer. Well two actually. One as a dishwasher/cashier at the college I plan on going to. The second one I'll be working for my dad. He runs his own insulation business and he's offered me a pretty good wage, only issue is he doesn't always have work, which is why I picked up the dishwashing job. I'm going to start saving up and hopefully get a car by the end of the year.

Get rid of my outside school anti-social behavior.
I'm breaking out of this shell and damn does it feel good. Rather than wanting to come home and sleep after school, (which I still do on rough days) I usually end up hanging out with some friends for about an hour before coming home. Funnily enough, the last girl I expected to date, was my date for prom, and afterwards we started dating. She's definitely been some motivation for getting out of my slump and I've never been happier with myself. After I started this, I realized that I had a lot more friends then I thought, which also proves that I was somewhat anti-social at school and only hanging out with the people I felt most comfortable with. But just taking tiny steps outside my comfort zone is something thats proving to be better rather than bad.

Work towards being a better person towards my family and friends.
This is the only goal that really hasn't been worked on. I've been better towards friends, but as for my family, I haven't really attempted them to treat them any better than they've been treating me. My dad and I still butt heads more often then I'd like. My brother still drives me crazy and I still pick on him. Though that's typical family behavior I suppose. I just wish we could all get along just a bit better. Though I'm not gonna give up on it.

Quote from: game_guy on December 31, 2011, 07:18:40 pm
These are my goals for the year. This is what I hope to accomplish. I really feel 2012 will be one of the best years of my life. Only if I work towards it though. Which will require me to change my lifestyle and step outside my comfort zone.

2012 is already proving to be a wonderful year. I honestly feel I'm finally growing up and maturing as I should be and I've never been happier with myself than I am right now.