What game would you like to see me make next?

Started by tSwitch, January 01, 2012, 01:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following games should I make next? (details below)

Running Riot
1 (8.3%)
King and Country
5 (41.7%)
Magic Mirror
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 08, 2012, 01:56:06 pm

tSwitch

I am going to begin development on my next game, but I've got a problem.  I have three ideas I like, and I am not sure which one I should work on.  So, I'm making it a poll for you all to let me know what you think.

Here are a bit of details on each idea:
Running Riot: ShowHide
You play an orc named Rokg.  This is a rather simple arena beat-em-up.  You wield his hammer and smash cute things to bits.  Several zones with a couple arenas each and a boss.  Each zone will have different environmental hazards.  You can upgrade Rokg's hammer with an assortment of magical runes.

King and Country: ShowHide
You play a warrior king...or a rogue king...or a wizard king...or a cleric king...or any combination of the three depending on what specializations you choose at character creation.  Then, you delve into dungeons, explore the map, and build up your kingdom, so you can defend it from the forces of evil, and ultimately defeat the dark overlord.  Turn based RPG, mixed with a little roguelike.

Magic Mirror: ShowHide
Likely either a megaman style game with persistent powerups, or a metroidvania.  You have a magic mirror that you can use to shield yourself from enemy attacks, but it can also absorb certain powers from your enemies that you can toss right back at them.  The shield would have limited 'memory' that you can expand by advancing in the game.  No ideas for story yet.

By all means give me some feedback as well, don't think it's limited to just your vote.  I'm very interested in hearing how you came to your decision, as well as any other input on the ideas themselves.

The poll will close in 7 days.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Starrodkirby86

Magic Mirror sounds like a fun sort of thing to go forth in. But perhaps it's the Megaman/Metroidvania style that sold me the most. However, the usage of the mirror as your prime weapon could warrant some very interesting puzzles, one that I'm very much willing to try out!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

I agree. Magic Mirror sounds really fun. Kind of reminds me of Kirby. Suck in enemies, swallow them to use their powers. <3

tSwitch

Quote from: game_guy on January 01, 2012, 02:11:12 pm
I agree. Magic Mirror sounds really fun. Kind of reminds me of Kirby. Suck in enemies, swallow them to use their powers. <3

Sorta, I was tossing around the concept of giving each power an 'ammo meter' of sorts, so that you couldn't just keep them forever, but that you could fill it up repeatedly and keep using your favorites.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

I voted for the 2nd as I'm interested in how you plan on accomplishing a collecting/advancing game without it feeling like a grind fest. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

Yea, i voted for the second one as well, since i kinda like things like that.
Travian and the kind get boring after a while, since everything takes so long, and you don't get very involved in anything.
This however, shows promise of more than that, since even if it takes long to build you have something else to do in the meanwhile...