Personalising Moghunter's custom menu and title screen?

Started by Futendra, January 02, 2012, 03:05:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Futendra

January 02, 2012, 03:05:43 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:09:56 am by Futendra
Well, I use a lot of moghunter's scripts:

- all his custom scene's
- his HUD
- his custom title

Now what I need help with mainly is customising the pictures.
The script and pictures for the custom title can be found here:
http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Menu/XP_Menu10.html

The script and pictures for the custom scene's can be found under Menu/Scenes (the first 8 ):
http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/RGSS_XP.html

If you want to know in what sort of theme it must fit:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11054.0.html

Holyrapid

I quite didn't catch the tone of the game, so could you tell me a bit more of the tone.
Is it glorious adventure, are you hated, is it light, dark? That sort of thing... It looked kinda light themed, though the story sounds a bit dark, so can you clarify it for me a bit.
I could give it a shot if you tell me that, and what kind of shapes and forms you want...

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 02, 2012, 03:29:13 pm
I quite didn't catch the tone of the game, so could you tell me a bit more of the tone.
Is it glorious adventure, are you hated, is it light, dark? That sort of thing... It looked kinda light themed, though the story sounds a bit dark, so can you clarify it for me a bit.
I could give it a shot if you tell me that, and what kind of shapes and forms you want...

Its a bit dark, you are very loved, everyone trusts on you and I would love the game to look a bit more dark than it looks now.

Holyrapid

Well, a temporary solution to that would be tinting either the screen, or rather the tileset into a darker shade.

As for the graphics, i'll come up with something basic tonight and will work on them once i get home.

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 02, 2012, 11:53:28 pm
Well, a temporary solution to that would be tinting either the screen, or rather the tileset into a darker shade.

As for the graphics, i'll come up with something basic tonight and will work on them once i get home.
Thanks, would be great, you can use my logo if you need to, jus save it from my sig ;)

Holyrapid

BTW, what shapes and color schemes you'd like the pictures to be? I have some initial designs but, nothing that can't be changed.

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 04, 2012, 06:05:18 am
BTW, what shapes and color schemes you'd like the pictures to be? I have some initial designs but, nothing that can't be changed.

Euhmm, I don't know, blue (the blue in the logo) and the rest doesn't matter, just that it fits the logo :)

BTW: Thank you very much for doing this, I couldn't do this shit myself... (for the title screen: I don't want the leaves falling down, I just want a background that scrolls)

Holyrapid

Are you using the hud in your game, or just the menu and title?

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 05, 2012, 02:54:51 am
Are you using the hud in your game, or just the menu and title?
I use the HUD too, and I use every scene except the Character Select and Hero Name

Holyrapid

Ok, well in that case i have a sample picture for you. It's an idea for the health bar. I'll PM it to you so it won't get stolen...

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 05, 2012, 05:09:36 am
Ok, well in that case i have a sample picture for you. It's an idea for the health bar. I'll PM it to you so it won't get stolen...

Go ahead

What  have you made so far?

Holyrapid

I've been so busy lately with school (more so than i expected) and other things that i really haven't got much done from my fatigue.
If someone else wants to do it, i won't hold it against them, but i will try to finish this, though it might take me until winter break, which is in the middle of February if i remember correctly.
Sorry, but school has been keeping me pretty busy. It's my final (hopefully) year, so i have a lot of courses going...

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 18, 2012, 09:47:44 am
I've been so busy lately with school (more so than i expected) and other things that i really haven't got much done from my fatigue.
If someone else wants to do it, i won't hold it against them, but i will try to finish this, though it might take me until winter break, which is in the middle of February if i remember correctly.
Sorry, but school has been keeping me pretty busy. It's my final (hopefully) year, so i have a lot of courses going...

No problem, I have learned some more about photoshop and will probably do it myself if needed

Holyrapid

Well, i think i can at least help here and there if needed...

Futendra

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 18, 2012, 03:01:36 pm
Well, i think i can at least help here and there if needed...

Maybe you could make a nice shop layout and I do most of the rest?

Holyrapid