RPG maker XP portable problem (kinda)

Started by hansiec, January 03, 2012, 11:36:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hansiec

Right I tried downloading it (yes it works) but I got no admin rights to remove the N Titles error, Is there another way to go straight to the Trial screen (where it shows you to enter product key), anyways that would be helpful. (I'm not asking for a crack just asking if there is another way)

Starrodkirby86

Hmm, if this is related to the nTitles error, but you can't ever assign administrator rights to your account since you don't have such rights in the first place...

You can try this registry edit k9inpoop made that bypasses the nTitles thing altogether. The registry edit makes RPG Maker XP think you're online and all that, so you can enter in the trial key. I haven't tried it myself, but you might as well see what it can do.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,2691.0.html

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

hansiec

January 03, 2012, 05:37:10 pm #2 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:38:33 pm by hansiec
I'll try it, and yes that was my problem.

Edit: Shows it can't import the registry....

ForeverZer0

You need admin rights to make registry entries. Same as the original RMXP goes, it needs run as admin at least once. I may mess around and see if I can make a build with the ntitles. I have an idea or two to maybe improve the compatibility for x64 setups.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

hansiec

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 03, 2012, 05:44:01 pm
You need admin rights to make registry entries. Same as the original RMXP goes, it needs run as admin at least once. I may mess around and see if I can make a build with the ntitles. I have an idea or two to maybe improve the compatibility for x64 setups.

Oh, that's good cause I'm using Windows 7 64 bit...

ForeverZer0

January 03, 2012, 11:31:22 pm #5 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:34:51 pm by ForeverZer0
Alrighty, I tried to add a fix for the ntitles issue, and improve x64 compatibility. I personally haven't tested the ntitles bug, but I was hoping some others who experience the issue could help with that.

As for the x64 bugs that pop up, in my experience it has been improved, but is still not perfect. I still get the occasional failure on trying to launch the app. Actually, I only had it happen once in a about 30 attempts. I don't know if its simply a fluke since it was so random to begin with, or if it is an actual sign of better results.

Nonetheless, please see if this build is any better. If so, I will update the main topic with the new link, and do the same with RMVX.

RPG Maker XP Portable

EDIT:
Also, ensure that you are running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.