[XP] Stormtronics CMS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

January 30, 2008, 04:52:42 pm #20 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:57:04 pm by Calintz16438
Here you go young sir.....
Scroll through the script until you come to the Window_CMSMenuStatus scetion

And scroll until you find the section below >> and change the 8 with whatever you want >> I tested this with your menu layout in mind, I really think 260-272 will work exceptionally well...
Spoiler: ShowHide
def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    self.contents.font.name = $game_system.fontname
    self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    draw_actor_graphic(@actor, 56, 80)
    draw_actor_name2(@actor, 8, 0, 88, 1)
    draw_actor_level(@actor, 104, 0)
    draw_actor_state(@actor, 168, 0, 252)
    draw_actor_hp(@actor, 104, 28)
    draw_actor_sp(@actor, 272, 28)
    draw_actor_exp_alt(@actor, 272, 56)
    if $crls
      if BlizzCFG::DRAW_BAR
        draw_actor_sr_with_bar(@actor, 104, 56)
      else
        draw_actor_sr(@actor, 104, 56)
      end
    end
  end

05thouldm

I get this error using the above CMS script (Aswell as numerous other scripts such as tons of addons etc)

Whenever I hit ESC to open the menu.

Ghareeb

Calintz

I believed that means that you don't have the def initialize for that particular window

05thouldm

Well.. it's a start, but I really don't know how to effectively utilise that information :p

Calintz

oh, Lol...I don't reallow know everything he put in this script, so you'll have to wait for him...srry

Blizzard

That's a weird error. Are you sure that you copied the WHOLE script? This seems to me like an error that would occur if you didn't.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

05thouldm

Aha.. re-checked the thing just now (After I'd given my head a much needed break ;) ) and realised there had been changes in the script from the last time I downloaded it, as such my options I was using at the moment weren't up to date whereas I'd copied the rest of the script out.. so yeah, the whole thing was my own silly mistake. (WIN_MIRRORED = false wasn't present, but MIRROR = false was :p)

Thanks for making me re-check.. initially it went funny due to something going weird with the SP Cost mod somehow, as when I fixed that (By removing an 'else' line in a version check somewhere.. don't ask me to know what I'm talking about, dumb luck appears to have made it work) so then I recopied all except for the configuration from the script here, to my games scripts section. Without noticing the changes in config section obviously, I only skimmed it. :o

Lesson; don't do stuff tired.

Blizzard

That's true. That's mostly the reason why 5.2 (orignally 5.1) got released: It was incompatible with the newest Tons of Add-ons version. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

05thouldm

New error.. but this time I'm using the full script with everything named right! >.<

Calintz

On line 995, argumenets are located in parenthesis...You have more than the alloted amount.

05thouldm

Spoiler: ShowHide
self.contents.gradient_bar(x, y, width, color1, color2, color3, vol, true)
Is what's on the line currently... havn't edited it since I copied it, tried removing the "true" as it seemed out of place, but still got that error when using "options" from the menu.

Blizzard

February 01, 2008, 11:03:30 am #32 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:04:01 am by Blizzard
You need to update Tons of Add-ons to 6.03b to make it work properly. I updated the Gradient Bar Styler add-on.

05thouldm

Aha, well, out of not wanting to go through every setting again, I just replaced the old bars bit with the new one, everything seems to work so far, anything else I should be wary of if I'm to Frakenstein things? :o

Thanks for the help, btw.

Blizzard

Nope. The Bars add-ons is the only thing I changed since the last version, so you don't have to worry about it if you just replaced it and the commented header down to the version variable of Tons.

Memor-X

hay Blizzard, got a bug and suggestion

the bug, i don't know if you fixed it or it was reported (had a quick scan but nothing) the bug is that the CMS when you enter the skills and have Tons it comes up with an error about 1-SP, had a look at the code and the CMS seems to be looking for 2 seperate SP Change addons which don't exsist anymore, but i don't know if you fixed this

my suggestion is that with the CMS how it gives the map name, maybe have the CMS show the name but as they are in the tree
e.g.
map layout

World Map
-Home
--first floor
--second floor
-garden
--hidden place
---strange pit
other world

so like when your in strange pit, insted of the CMS just saying strange pit it shows world map-garden-strange pit, also have a part in the editble place so you can add map IDs that gets exclude like if you had 2 maps saying Real World and Dream World but you don't go into those map, there just there to keep the maps tidy, you can add the IDs of those 2 maps, if you get what i mean

Blizzard

1. Fixed in 5.1 in 5.2.
2. Use normal map names? xD

Nortos

It's a lot easier to just do it with one map name, I don't even think the rgss records if somethings below another it's just to make it easier organisation ( I think) , and yeah maybe just change the map names

Blizzard

Actually it does. There are a few parameters like @parent_id which is the ID of the parent map and @order which is the position in the tree view in Windows. It's altogether in MapInfos.rxdata.

I used a name separator in CP which indicates whether a map name is being displayed only in one row or necessarily in two. Of course this is a feature of the custom mod of STCMS which I consider v6.4 in my game.

Nortos

really? *writes mental note* And you just used / to seperate them? Sounds nice