[XP] Stormtronics CMS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Yeah, I simply split the name at the / and draw out up to two lines. I also split the name if it's too long.
  def slice_bitmap(input)
    (0...input.length).each {|i|
        return [input[0, i], input[i+1, input.length-i-1]] if input[i, 1] == '/'}
    return [input, ''] if self.contents.text_size(input).width < 140
    pos1 = input.length/2 - 1
    pos2 = input.length/2
    str1 = str2 = ''
    loop do
      if input[pos2, 1] == ' '
        str1 = input[0, pos2]
        str2 = input[pos2+1, input.length-pos1-1]
        break
      end
      if input[pos1, 1] == ' '
        str1 = input[0, pos1]
        str2 = input[pos1+1, input.length-pos1-1]
        break
      end
      pos1 -= 1
      pos2 += 1
      if pos1 == 0 || pos2 == input.length-1
        str1 = input
        str2 = ''
        break
      end
    end
    return [str1, str2]
  end
    name = slice_bitmap($game_map.name)
    (0..1).each {|i| self.contents.draw_text(4, 52+i*24, 140, 26, name[i])}
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

Twinn Killa

How do I sort out items into Quest items and into normal items?  ???

Nortos

go to line 278 and add in the numbers of the id of items which are quest items any not there are normal items

Sase

I'd need to know if it's possible to separate the skill/item/armour etc windows and replace the original Scene_Items etcwith them without using the cms?

Nortos

Blizzard

Yes, it's easy. Use a custom Scene_Items scene and set CUSTOM_SCENE_ITEMS (or soemthing like that >.<) to true.

@Twinn Killa: There is an array which says "$quest_items = [NUMBER1, NUMBER2, ...]". Simply add item IDs into that array and separate them with commas. The items with those IDs will not appear in the normal item menu, but in the Quest Item menu instead. Basically what Nortos already said.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mollymozo

hi when i try to open the options menu it comes up with a message saying "Script 'Stormtronics' Line 997 : ArgumentError occured. wrong number of arguments (8 for 7)" but every other menu works except options??????

Fantasist

Did you get the latest version? If you're using other scripts by Blizzard, check my sig for the topic about script order.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sase

When the tons of addons addon "Map name on field" is activated, and you open menu when it's showing it stays over the CMS and freezes until I stop navigating in the menu :o

Blizzard

Good you mentioned that, I always forget to fix it. I found that bug when working on Blizz-ABS while playing CoSLAL.

@mollymozo: Yes, you should get the most recent version of the CMS (which is currently 5.2) and the most recent version of Tons of Add-ons (which is 6.2) and it should work fine.

Memor-X

i got the latest version of this CMS so that way i could use the Skills menu (a problem because of the new SP Mod Addon) but now i get an error every time i open the CMS

on line 1800 there's a NameError
uninitalized constant BlizzCFG::DRAW_BAR

on that line i have

if BlizzCFG::DRAW_BAR

Blizzard

diablosbud

Could you make a script so it only changes the status screen changes from this menu system please because this is exactly what I am looking for in a custom status screen. Also if you do this script change could you please compatibilitize this script with Guillame777's Multi-Slot Equipment by allowing the equipment display to scroll, because it won't fit around 12 types of equipment?

Juan

May 22, 2008, 11:18:09 pm #54 Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 08:40:11 pm by Juan
For the multi-equip script just change the following values in the configuration part of the script. First look for
CUSTOM_EQUIP_SCENE = false
and change this to
CUSTOM_EQUIP_SCENE = true
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

diablosbud

No, I mean on the status screen to make it scroll, because that is all I want from this script is the status screen piece not the whole menu, I already have a ring menu.

Blizzard

I have made once an edit that was compatible with the Multi-Equip for Sthrathoff, but I don't think that I still have that edit. It's outdated anyway. I guess you'll have to ask somebody else as I lack the time to make that edit again. ._.

diablosbud

No problem, and lol this is just like how I wanted my custom status screen I was making to be with the name over the battler, I had that and it was in the center of the window, wierd. So I'll use this instead to save lots of time.

Caro Ru Lushe

Is there a way, to change in the menu, instead of the battlers, to replace it with Pictures from the picture file?

Juan

Yeah its a minor edit. I'd have to look at the script itself but I am not allowed to download rpg maker untill my other computer with rpg maker on it gets fixed.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617