SOPA

Started by Vell, January 18, 2012, 12:33:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

We have something very similar here in Croatia. Except that it's not just for DVDs but for any device capable of memory storage.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Quote from: SBR* on January 24, 2012, 10:48:19 am
In Holland, there's an organization called BUMA, which fights for copyrights. They've taxed DVD-r(w)s and the money they earn from it goes straight to the people who have lost money due to piracy. This way, those people won't lose any money, as long as people actually use DVDs for pirated content.

.iso is so annoying... but I know that in holland DVD's are cheap, cheaper than in Belgium, I go to holland to buy like 1000 DVD-RWs because they are MUCH cheaper!

Blizzard

*cough* ... virtual drive... *cough*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I have a little media player I got on Amazon for like $30 that plays videos on my TV directly from a USB storage device, SD card, etc. I used to convert and burn them to DVDs, but now I don't even do that.  So take that, stupid Holland tax.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

MarkHest

wow... they're back already?

get the gun

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on January 24, 2012, 01:24:11 pm
*cough* ... virtual drive... *cough*
Indeed, but I like to have DVDs and CDs around and install them whenever you need them instead of all that mounting shit.

Zeriab

I bet Steam has helped way more in reducing piracy than say DCMA
OnLive is also an interesting prospect

tSwitch

Quote from: game_guy on January 24, 2012, 09:07:09 pm
Son of a mother whore! >:U http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.338546-SOPA-Storms-Back

That was posted on the 17th, following the blackout, most of SOPA and PIPA's support was lost, and they were shelved indefinitely.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Blizzard

August 23, 2013, 04:26:05 am #90 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:04:33 am by Blizzard
SOPA is back and it's time to fuck it up again. Luckily we all know how to deal with undead zombies. Get your axes out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fTt4K4Cae4

EDIT: All you US citizen should sign the petition here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF

Zexion

unfortunately because of the signup I think many will not sign it :( we might loose this omg stupid government

Blizzard

The important thing is that we spread the message. Even though some of us might not be able to sign up and sign the petition, we can still spread the message so it reaches other people who can.

Blizzard

Tsk, tsk, tsk. SOPA/PIPA/ACTA (or whatever it calls itself now) is back. Let's put it back into the grave. After decades of zombie films, we know how to handle the undying.

https://openmedia.org/censorship/fftf?utm_source=fftf&utm_medium=email&utm_content=nt&utm_campaign=apec

winkio

These types of laws are a product of the mindset of the oldest 60-70% of the population.  SOPA and laws like it will not go away any time soon, and there is no possible 'quick win'.  The strategy that we have to utilize is to stall their damage for as long as possible until eventually, the mindset will change and we can overturn any remnants of their damage.

Zexion

We need to spike the liverwurst.

PhoenixFire

I'm starting to contemplate setting up my own private servers, connect with other people doing the same, and make our own little private network. Think Onion/Tor, but better. I just need to figure out the legalities and logistics of this, and cost of course...

Seriously though, does no one remember Benjamin Franklins quote: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Yep. That. A centuries old saying, that hits home right now. If we are to give up some of our own freedom/liberty to the government, in exchange for them saying we are safer for it, we are effectively opening the door to being trampled upon by both our own government, and our enemies.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

Quote from: DigitalSoul on October 04, 2013, 05:01:00 pm
Seriously though, does no one remember Benjamin Franklins quote: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Wow that's a great quote that can apply to alot of things in the USA.

Memor-X

Quote from: Blizzard on October 04, 2013, 09:32:48 am
Tsk, tsk, tsk. SOPA/PIPA/ACTA (or whatever it calls itself now) is back. Let's put it back into the grave. After decades of zombie films, we know how to handle the undying.

what, beat the crap out if it with excessively brutal violence only to teabag the corpse as the final insult?

i'm surprised that the US is trying this crap again, don't they have anything better to do like i don't know, something about a debt ceiling being breached or the fact they've shut down the government? their almost like the RvB minions going "get the flag, get the flag, get the flag, get the flag, get the flag, get the flag" but are actully going "do SOPA, do PIPA, do ACTA, do SOPA, do PIPA, do ACTA", still, they may be doing this now cause everyone's learned that the NSA has been spying on everyone and now they need the powers to act on what they see