Myriad Souls: Embarkment on a Quest Unparalelled! signups + discussion

Started by Vell, June 22, 2008, 03:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

ok, in this game you can be any mythological creature with ten skills(your power level must be kept within reason, I'll be the judge of it) and you can make up your own creature, but you'll have to make up lore for that creature, and others will be allowed to make one of that species too.

ok, so basically this is a purely for fun, neaerly plotless, humor but still serious RP designed to just go on and on.

in essence, everyone gets to decide what to do, can form there own groups within the game, can quest together, work alone, be thieves, rule over a mansion, attempt to kill eachother.

I'll be the person who judges battles, and I'll have a character in there, but he never fights, unless I can find another judge.

I'll decide what attacks hit, how they affect the person, and what arena parts are destroyed.

oh yeah, I'll also play as NPC characters.

you guys can all go try to take over a kingdom, which owuld mean fighting an enemy army, possibly with a rebel army of your own. your allowed to grow, so where you start with ten skills(fist and weapon fighting are automatic... but skills that like do something special with your fist or weapon, those count) by the time the game is over you could have... well, like, a hundred or something.

I don't want this game to die, so there is never a limit to how many can be playing at once.

also, therell be a third topic solely for battles, so that in the real topic you can write what actually happens in your own words, as what actually happened.

if two people decide an outcome of a fight before it starts, they may judge there own fight.

NO UBERS, my judging is designed to keep Ubers out, but if someone designs a character with Uber skills, or Ubers somehow, I will not let that character in.

everyone may have two characters.

there CAN be obvious breaks in power levels among characters, and I will take these into account when judging.

uhh... everyone is welcome so long as there Signup meets requirements.

just make them decent enough.

here they are

Name:
Surrounding Lore: (for made-up specieses)
Skills:
background:
personality:
Hometown:
Weapon:
Weapon History (if available)

btw, you guys can make up your own areas.

there are five kingdoms of which no players rule in the beginning: Belior, Malciun, Gilgris, Relfar and Terip. they have well-established armies, and it will take five people with a rebel army to have a chance of defeating the kingdom.

yes, they will use actual military tactics, which you won't know about, and will act as if I don't know about your plans since they must be posted about in this RP

NO DISCUSSING THE GAME OUTSIDE THE THREE MYRIAD SOULS THREADS!

well, this is Signup and Discussion, once I accept ten people it will start, but there is no limit.

uhh, if your guy dies you can make a new one.

Aqua

Name:         Dikura
Species:      Water Elf
Skills:         Summon Phoenix Familiar (Summons my icy phoenix friend)
                Aqua Shot (Shoots a water projectile)
                Ice Tornado (A flurry of ice comes and slows the target)
                Frozen Arrow (A powerful shot with the power of ice)
                Heal (Heals a target's wounds)
                Rejuvenate (Removes fatigue from the target)
                Elven Feats (Very agile and stealthy)
                Nature Talk (Allows elves to communicate with the spirits of nature)
                Phoenix Cry (A cry that stuns the enemies)
                Phoenix Dive (The phoenix dives at the enemy at the speed of sound)

Background: I was born into the nobility of the elves, the High Elves.  Nobility isn't determined by wealth in elven culture, but the magic that one has and how he or she uses it.  Well, the magic that my family has is rare and revered.  So that's a little bit of my background.  And how I got here... well, I was sent on a mission by the Elders so here I am.  What my mission is, I can't tell you.  But I'll need to succeed and wouldn't mind a little company and help with it.
Personality: Serene, elegant, graceful.  All these words describe an elf.  So in turn, they describe me... sorta.  Yes, I'm kinda a klutz sometimes, but I'm serene, elegant, and graceful the rest of the times, right?  Right!  I'm also independent but do not shut everyone out.  I never give up without a fight and fight it until the end.  Oh and I also despise those sexist males who think that females are weak and powerless.  Hm... well that's all of me that I'm willing to reveal for now.  You'll just to figure out what I'm like...
Hometown:  Can't really tell you where it is, Elven Honor.  But I can tell you that it's near a lake that's in a forest.
Weapon:           Elven Staff & Elven Double Elbow Blade Bow
Weapon History: The Elven Staff was forged from pure magic essence at a source where the temperature was below freezing but the water there never freezes.  When I use magic with it, my magic channels with the pure magic with the Staff as a medium, making my magic stronger.
                      The Elven Double Elbow Blade Bow are a combination of melee and range.  These twin 3-foot long blades are light for elves, heavy for non-elves.  They cut quick and strong, and make for a great shield.  Using elven magic to bind the seals between the two, it turns into a bow with elven magic as the bow string.  The string, therefore, is very pliant and easy to pull but quite strong with its shot.  Magic also helps with guidance.  Elven archers never miss their target due to this, always to hit a bullseye.

Vell

accepted, but I'd like maybe abitmore added to the background?

Aqua

Okay I added a little bit more.  Is that enough or do I need more?

Diokatsu

Name:Kirema
Species:Human
Skills:
Base Skills:
Lanreaver -- A masive spear-based weapon used in a similar fashion to a sword.
Fighting Style: Kaze no Tenshi -- Uses impact of his Lansword in combination with his air manipulating to offset balence.
Speed -- Extremely fast in terms of movement and balenced but more stength-based attack speed wise.
Air Manipultion:
World Order -- Uses the air to crush an enemy and stop movement
Air Disk -- Makes disks of air used for cutting
Summon: Kizu -- Makes an impenatrable air warrior out of disks
Aether -- Secret skill that uses unknown element based off of wind. Faster and stronger than normal wind, but causes massive energy drain.

Background: Born to a small family in the middle class, Kirema grew up a thinker. More concerned with books and art than playing, he would lock himself up in his room with books from his father's study. Around the age of 12 though, his family faced a tragic situation. The king of the region had ordered a draft of not just young men, but children as well, as to train them to be a killer at an early age. Kirmema was sent off to the army, weak yet a brilliant tactician. Dispite his talents he was put into a figting and magic core, where he excelled in swordsplay and air magic, and in a baptism by fire he had to gain his necessary skills to survive. He quickly advanced as did his ambitions. But when he finally came into the battle front, the army found itself overwhelmed. In a stark dangerous move the general ordered the imperial battlemages to destroy the land the armies fought on as to eliminate both at once. Kirema fled with 3 of his friends to the outskirts of a nearby deasert wheere they were accosted by bandits and sold as slaves to a town quite near Kirema's own. Kirema found himself well-treated and due to his mind, tutored the son of the family he hired. After 2 years, when he was 20, he learned of a planned coup d'etat byt the general in charge of the military in this area. The only town to resist was Kirema's own, which, when he learned of this matter, caused him to lead a slave rebellion and culminating in killing his master's daught, to whom he was going to be engaged. He found that his efforts were in vain though, and his family had been killed. He took from the ruins of his father's study a book, a childrens book called "The hare's mistake" which he had hated growing up. He then gathered the famed weapon of the mayor of this town after slaughtering the general at the town hall. He vowed to protect those who couldn't protect themselves and give his life for those in danger.

Personality: He is a charaismatic man, with the mannerisms of a prince. He tends to view others as superior and frequently puts himself down. He loves women however and frequently seeks out "damsels in distress". He looks at women, as he does all, with the utmost respect. He likes to converse and will go out of his way to make other's wishes come true. He is quite happy most of the time and always seems to know more than other about the situation, but tends to have lapses in his short-term memory leading to carelessness. Nevertheless, he continually finds his way out of jams and loves life for the adventures he has. He love to be philosophical and tests others thinking with his own.

Hometown:(Unnamed as it's existance is null)

Weapon:Lansword/Magic

Weapon History:The Lansword was the Weapon of Ragnarok the Storm demon and heavier than most men can lift. It works as a channeling device for Kirema's magic. He uses it to offset balence as it's heavy blows can disturb most footing. He has as much skill with this, it is said, as the God himself did, earning him the name, "Storm-breaker" in les than a year of travels.

is that good?

&&***UPDATED SKILLS**&&

Starrodkirby86

Let's see how long I last as this before I start to get sick of this as my own.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Name: Kipp
Species: Mudkip
Surrounding Lore: Mudkip isn't made up, so you probably already know its habitat. If not, then the watery areas.
Skills:
Simple Skills:

• Tackle: A simple tackle. No special effect. Fairly weak.

• Growl: A regular growl. Reduces Attack by one level.

• Water Gun: A beam of water. An all right move, if used correctly.

• Bide: For two turns, the damage Kipp gets is doubled, but the damage then goes to the foe.

• Take Down: A strong move, reducing the Pokemon's own stamina by a bit.

• Mud-Slap: A slap of mud when applicable. Reduces foe's accuracy by one level.

Offensive Strong Skills:

• Whirlpool: The foe is engulfed in a whirlpool for a bit and cannot escape.

• Hyrdro Pump: One strong water move. Has average accuracy, but pretty strong.

• Surf: One of the most famous water moves.

• Strength: Gives the ability to move boulders and other heavy objects. Naturally strong.

• Iron Tail: Gives the tail the sense of iron. Strong, and has a chance of lowering enemy's defense.

• Stomp: A famous move that does little effect on any other status. May flinch the enemy.

• Bite: If Kipp dislikes you, he can take a large cute bite.

• Mud Bomb: A snowball composed of mud. Similar to Sludge Bomb, except it deals with accuracy instead of toxins.

• Blizzard: A torturous snowstorm that wipes has the chance of being frozen.

Special Miscellany:

• Protect: For the turn, that move will indeed miss. Continual use results in more failures.

• Mirror Coat: A Wobbufet move. Counters from special elemental moves.

• Counter: A Wobbufet move. Counters from physical moves.

• Curse: Lowers Speed, raises most of the other statuses dramatically.

• Rest: Gets self to sleep for 2-5 turns, but restores HP fully.

• Sleep Talk: Allows a random move when being asleep.

• Natural Gift: The power varies by the berry held.

• Substitute: 1/4 of current HP; but avoids damage against foe.

• Double Team: Ninja move, raises evasion.
[/b]
[/list]
Background:
Kipp was a special sort of Mudkip actually.  He learned to talk, similar to how that one Pokemon, Meowth, during an early age. Taking full command of the language, he learned more. Kipp has become extremely fluent in most languages and can communicate with many of his Pokemon comrades or other species alike. But that isn't Kipp's main skills really.

From his family came a strong fighting tradition that was war-hardy. Now, they don't exactly kill, but they spar oh so much, that the fighting does turn into an every day workout. This makes Kipp's family extremely athletic and healthy. You can see the Mudkip's abs! :o

Kipp has faced some travesties though. His father died from a Team Rocket raid many years ago. In denial, Kipp tried to cut himself, wanting to end this other pain, but with the help of a little yellow mouse named...Pichu, Kipp did not become emo. He did listen to emo music, and listens to rock music, particularly Blitzkrieg Bop, but he did not become one.

Personality:
A generally energetic Mudkip. His morals are generally high, but some immorals he makes are only into eroticism, and that is only to suit the occasion. His voice is actually not like the squeaky higher pitched Mudkips, but rather similar to a human's, kind of like Ginji from the Rescue Team Manga. From the family heritage, Kipp is eager to battle, but only for a fair battle with no cheap trickery.

Kipp does follow the most with other characters, as being very curious about other species' nature. No one hates the Mudkip after all. Kipp however during the time mostly speaks in Pokemon language so he would seem like a regular Pokemon, then use his athleticism to help for whatever occasion (Whether it'd be being a flirting machine to scaring another Pokemon away).

He may be random, but don't let that fool you from him being insane or strange. Oh wait, Talking Pokemon are strange...Never mind.

Hometown: A Mudkip commonplace around some giant source of water. Despite global warming, the water source there hasn't deteriorated since.

Weapon: Kipp uses his sole arms and legs to fight (Being a quadruped though, I would say legs, but Kipp can stand on his two hind legs like a dog except for a long time). And also the use of Pokemon moves. He has yet to find his super exclusive move, whatever that may be.

That good?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

your limited to ten skills... I see... like, 25 or something.

choose ten starting skills, and after that I can let you in.

and Diokatsu... add maybe a bit more to personality, and were golden?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 23, 2008, 02:03:28 am
your limited to ten skills... I see... like, 25 or something.

choose ten starting skills, and after that I can let you in.

and Diokatsu... add maybe a bit more to personality, and were golden?
Gotcha.

Blizzard

Water Gun

Mirror Coat

Protect

Bite

Surf

Hydro Pump

Strength

Curse

Double Team

That good?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Vell

sure, just add to your original post that those are your startin abilities.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 23, 2008, 02:11:48 am
sure, just add to your original post that those are your startin abilities.
I edited the first post. The skills embolded are the original. The remaining ones I guess I'll learn as time goes on, which is pretty cool...of course, most of those skills are weak...So they do little effect anyway...

magic2345

I'll join!

Spoiler: ShowHide

Name: Rels
Species: Vessel (Human)
Surrounding Lore: Vessels are more or less the same as a human except for the ability to summon a weapon from his/her soul called Sphere Holder. The weapon is called a sphere and it is alive.

Skills:
Sphere Holder = The ability to summon a weapon from the person's soul.
Fire Successor = The effect of skills that uses fire are increased. Protection against fire also increased. Note: This doesn't mean the person is afraid of water or something.
Burn = Throws a fireball at the enemy.
Black Burn = Send out searing flames to attack the enemy.
Aflame = Makes weapon fire element. Note: Do not use on flammable weapons such as wood. Effects temporary.
Delta Trigger = Slashes the enemy thrice, making a sort triangle shape.
Crush Aggregate = Makes the weapon dull, crushing the enemy. Effects temporary.
Invoke = Summon willpower and courage, increasing the person's attack power and defense.
Acute Sense = Increases focus, thus able to sense presence.
Killing Intent = Automatically invoked when the soul aches (e.g. when another person the person really care about is killed). It increases speed and attack power but at the cost of defense.

Background:
Rels is a vessel. Vessels are people that are able to summon living weapon/s from their soul. Rels' parents hides the fact that he is a vessel, so that he may live in peace, unlike them.

One day, while Rels and his friends were playing in the forest, they were attacked by a beast. This beast killed one of Rels' friend and that's where the tragedy starts. Seeing this, Rels was shocked and afraid. He then suddenly heard a voice calling out to him and saying, "Do you want power?". Being unable to control his sphere, Rels unleashed a fury of flames. The flame burnt the beast, killing it, but also accidentally burnt one of his friends. Scared, Rels' friends ran away back to the village.

A few minutes later, Rels was unconcious. When he awoke, it was already nighttime. Rels headed back to the village only to see the villagers kill his parents. Shocked and furious, Rels suddenly summoned his sphere and killed all of the villagers. The village was burned to the ground.

Since this incident, Rels has always been untrusting of humans and also hating them. After that, Rels began a journey to find out exactly who and what he is.

Personality:
Rels is kind-hearted and not the type to tell lies. He hates humans but not to an extent that he wishes the destruction of all humans in the whole world. Doesn't trust the humans. Hates himself for all the lives he took. If people he care about are in danger or killed, Rels will instinctly unleash hell upon the person that did it and will not turn back to normal if the person did not die.

Hometown:
A small village on the edge of a forest. Although it is now burned down, it was peaceful. Its main source of income is wood from the trees in the forest.

Weapon: A'phieroth - A unique and a little heavy double handed sword.
Weapon History:
A'phieroth or Aphie as Rels like to call her, is Rels' sphere. Rels is able to call upon its power and also talk to it. Aphie is quite a tomboy (seeing she IS a sword), but is kind. She is pretty straightforward.

Does this mean I made two characters?
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Vell

not unless you make a seperate signup Aphie. also, more on the personality, and then were fine.

Diokatsu

Personality: He is a charaismatic man, with the mannerisms of a prince. He tends to view others as superior and frequently puts himself down. He loves women however and frequently seeks out "damsels in distress". He looks at women, as he does all, with the utmost respect. He likes to converse and will go out of his way to make other's wishes come true. He is quite happy most of the time and always seems to know more than other about the situation, but tends to have lapses in his short-term memory leading to carelessness. Nevertheless, he continually finds his way out of jams and loves life for the adventures he has. He love to be philosophical and tests others thinking with his own.

is that good?

Vell

I can't accept yoru character yet Mumerus, but the skills seem fine to me...

magic2345

Personality:
Rels is kind-hearted and not the type to tell lies. He hates humans but not to an extent that he wishes the destruction of all humans in the whole world. Doesn't trust the humans. Hates himself for all the lives he took. If people he care about are in danger or killed, Rels will instinctly unleash hell upon the person that did it and will not turn back to normal if the person did not die.

Man, I suck at making personalities.  :-[ Is this good enough? If you approve I will edit my first post.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Vell

yes, Magic and Dio's characters are accepted.

still waiting on Mumerus.

someone tlel me when we reach ten guys.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 23, 2008, 08:43:28 pm
yes, Magic and Dio's characters are accepted.

still waiting on Mumerus.

someone tlel me when we reach ten guys.
Why don't you make a numbered list like in Zira Town's? I would want to start, but I'm unsure if you accepted Aqua's and mine...:P So yeah.

Vell

Starrodkirby86

Might as well make that numbered list for you then...Considering I am that bored.

1. Aqua - Dikura
2. Starrodkirby86 - Kipp
3. Diokatsu -Kirema
4. magic2345 -Mur (And later Aphie?)

Punn

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on June 23, 2008, 09:15:56 pm
Might as well make that numbered list for you then...Considering I am that bored.

1. Aqua - Dikura
2. Starrodkirby86 - Kipp
3. Diokatsu -Kirema
4. magic2345 -Rels (And later Aphie?)
5. Mumerus - Mur

Fixed