Free File-Sharing Sites

Started by ForeverZer0, January 21, 2012, 02:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

With the closing of MegaUpload, many of you may need to find a new preferred upload site to use.  I'm compiling a small list of the more common ones to help you decide on whats best for you.

• Dropbox
    This is my personal favorite. You start with 2 GB (2.25 GB if you use the above link), and can earn more. This sets up a folder on your PC that syncs to an online account, so anything you add or change is automatically uploaded to your account. It also has shell integration with Windows, so you can quickly get the download link simply by right-clicking the file and selecting "Copy Public Link". There are a few ways of earning more storage space, the most common way is through referrals, which you will get 250 MB for every person you get to join, up to 8 GB. I currently have 10.75 GB, which you can learn more about maxing it out by checking out this site

• MediaFire
    Popular site that gives you a free 200 MB of storage. Has a nice interface for uploading and browsing your files, as well.

• Sendspace
    Pretty straightforward upload site. A free account gets you 500 MB of storage. The website uses simple drag-drop method of uploading files, which is pretty handy.

• File Factory
    I have never personally used this one, but you get a free 500 MB of storage. There are some minor annoyances with this site for downloaders, such as the infamous "Please wait for 45 seconds for your link" and whatnot, but hey, its free.

• 4shared
    Never used this one either, but it promises 10 GB of free storage, and seems to be pretty popular.

• RapidShare
    Offers 500 MB of storage for free. There are limits on maximum file size, and download limits per hour, etc., as well as having to wait for your download.

This not even close to a comprehensive list, just a few of the most popular ones that are easy to join and get started. I'll update with any suggestions or good finds that anyone has to offer.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

January 21, 2012, 02:50:17 pm #1 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:52:40 pm by Blizzard
Consider merging: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,34.0.html
Feel free to edit my post and add your info there.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I don't blame you. The topic is over 4 years old.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.