[Request][XP]Custom Battle System - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

Started by GAX, January 24, 2012, 01:25:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

January 24, 2012, 01:25:51 am Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:25:39 am by GuardianAngelX72
WARNING: THIS IS NOT A PROJECT FOR BEGINNERS OR THOSE WITH VERY LIMITED TIME.  THIS IS A PROJECT AIMED AT INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL BE WILLING AND ABLE TO NOT ONLY CREATE THE SCRIPT, BUT ALSO HELP WITH COMPATABILITY ISSUES REGARDING OTHER SCRIPTS.

Alright, I've been in a panic for the past year or so trying to get someone to script this for me and no luck.  Code drives me to the edge of insanity, back again, then rapes me up the ass behind the gas station and doesn't even give me money for a cab home (atleast Blizzy gives me a sandwich damn it!).

Date Rape Analogy aside...

I am looking for an EXPERIENCED coder who will be able to assist me with this project.  I've noticed that many would actually cringe at the sight of a project such as this but I really need this done and I'm hoping that there will be someone here on Chaos Project who would be willing and able to contribute.

I am going to personally limit a lot of the information given here as I don't want those not involved to have the information before the first demo of Chaotic Fury featuring this battle system is out.  If you are interested, you can PM me (responses may be delayed) and I will forward you the mockup manual for this system and supply you with any information that you will require to get this job done.

This project will entail:
-The core Battle System
-A Menu that will allow "Materia" to be equipped within certain constraints.
-A system for crafting unique "Materia"-like items.

The system will utilize Minkoff's Animated Battlers but NOT RTAB (theoretical study of this system has lead to some rather frightening outcomes that will overall make this game either easily broken or horridly difficult.  In order to guage Turn Flow, I suggest looking up the Battle System utilized in Final Fantasy X (this is what I am aiming for, but if this is deemed too difficult then I am open to compromise).

Realizing that this is a big project, I am also going to make this open to collaboration.  If people are interested in working on parts towards the completed project, then I am all for it (Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was it by just 1 man).

At the moment the compensation I can offer is rather lackluster for some (merely credited mention in the game along with easter egg status within the game including but not limited to NPCs, skills, Bosses, and possibly even as a playable character), though I will try to further compensate those involved later on down the road as I can.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

winkio

GAX

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

GAX

GAX

GAX

GAX

Another bump, though with many of us being college students I don't expect much of a response until later in the month/beginning of next month due to finals.