Need some feedback...

Started by Boba Fett Link, January 25, 2012, 02:44:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

Well, long story short, I sent some early screenshots of my project to some of my friends and most of them had the same reaction. They thought my main character was a girl. Which would be all right if he was meant to be a she, but since the guy's supposed to be male, its a problem. They're not really sure why he looks like a girl, but they insist that it is.

I created the sprite from frankenspriting from other RMXP RTP sprites, all of which were male.

I wanted to get more feedback. Does this sprite look like a girl, or are my friends crazy?

Spoiler: ShowHide
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

The Niche

They're sillyface. People sitting behind me in study when I was working on the Blizz-abs templates thought they were babies :P The rtp template is really designed to look like the character's battler graphic. As long as that conveys more definite details, you's fine.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Zexion

they do seem a little girly from the face in my opinion :p

TheCableGuy

I can see how they would think that seeing that it's clothes appear to be a Skirt and, from the side view, the shirt looks more like a Blouse with the Sleeves looking rather rounded.

Holyrapid

Yes, well he kinda does look like a girl, since it seems that he's wearing a skirt and his shirt looks more like a blouse, and that he has tits...