Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler

Started by MarkHest, January 27, 2012, 09:07:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

January 27, 2012, 09:07:18 am Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:11:52 am by MarkHest
I finaly finnished the final version of Eilzie, the main charakter in my RPG Maker XP Game The Missing Part
I liked this new version a lot. It's more smooth and softer, however the earlier version is more original. I like both version, but i'm gona go with this one becouse she's more beutifull in this one :3

The whole project took a total of 8 hours to record, i added a 32x speed up that made it 15 minutes. I altso added music to the video from The Missing Part.

It would be realy nice if you could go to the video on youtube and press:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55IkZkh7yBA&feature=channel_video_title

The Evolution of Eilzie:

Oldest Version: ShowHide

First Custom Version: ShowHide

Tidied First Custom Version: ShowHide

Remade First Custom Version: ShowHide

New Custom Version: ShowHide

FINAL version: ShowHide

Improvements has been made during the time i started making my game! :)

SBR*

I really like it :). However, I think her color tone is overall too light. Also, I really liked the pupils. But all in all, it's amazing.

Dweller

Nice video and great work.

One thing about the light source and the shadows. The head and body light source comes from the right but the legs light source comes from the left. I think if you fix legs shadows to a right light source the global picture will increase in consistency (just a suggerence).
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

wow Mark, that is really impressive for being done with a mouse.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

MarkHest

Quote from: Ryex on January 28, 2012, 04:15:18 am
wow Mark, that is really impressive for being done with a mouse.

@Ryex: *Squeeek* :^_^':

@Dweller: Yeah, i never realy thought about the light source. I just made the shadings without realy thinking :P I guess i'll change it sometime in the future ^^

Altso, thank you everyone :)

tSwitch

Not bad, but try to be careful with your anatomy.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

MarkHest

Quote from: NAMKCOR on January 31, 2012, 12:17:18 am
Not bad, but try to be careful with your anatomy.

What does Anatomy mean? The form of the body?

tSwitch

Yes.

There are a lot of anatomical issues with the picture, the body doesn't quite work that way.  I'd suggest starting out pictures by drawing a sort of skeleton with shapes that gives the basic form of your character before you work on adding details to it.

Something like this, not necessarily as detailed, or that pose, but I hope you get what I mean.

MarkHest

Yeah i get it.
Although i never pay TOO much attension to that part as it's manga style.
I guess i should improve that, which i will as time goes.

Thanks NAMCKOR ^^

tSwitch

January 31, 2012, 03:42:34 pm #9 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:22:19 pm by NAMKCOR
I'd suggest starting to pay attention to your anatomy immediately, actually.  
You'll see your art improve vastly by keeping relatively proper body ratios.

Here's a few simpler versions, more like what I use.
body study 1
body study 2

Edit:

"Redline with image": ShowHide

"Redline without image": ShowHide

I tried to keep your style in mind when doing the redline, as well as the original intended pose.  As a result, it's a bit shortish because of the head size, but it's a bit more realistic.  Now that I think about it, I also probably should have moved the right foot back some to create a stable footing.