...@!?

Started by Punn, June 24, 2008, 08:24:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Booyah, now we're having fun!

Okay, the explanation for Missingno. is actually kinda fun in my oppinion, but I don't understand how one thing works.  When Missingno. is encountered, item #6 in your inventory becomes "infinite" (Just over 99 though, I don't remember the exact number).

Missingno is kinda crazy, in that it has 4 different forms.  The most common is the backwards L style hodgepodge you have there psted by Blizzy.  The others are a determined if a letter is present in the 3rd, 5th or 7th slot of your name.  In the case of his Ghost form (How pokemon appear in Ghost Tower before gettting the Sylph Scope), it has to be a lowercase y.  For the Aerodactyl Fossil, it's a lower case w, and for the Kabutops fossil, it's a lower case w.

What I've always found odd is that if you have a Missingno UNDER level 100 and you level it up (I did it via rare candy) it'll evolve into a Kangaskhan.  Believe me, the funnist shit you can do with this is teach Missingno. "Fly", evolve it, and then transfer its ass to Stadium to have a few good laughs.

Now, the reason Missingno. Appears is actaully quite funny.  First, Let's look at the data for Cinnabar Island AND Viridian City.  There is no "Tall Grass" encounter data for either location.  Because of this, Cinnabar Island has another abusable glitch that I use, making you able to encounter Safari Zone pokemon where you'd catch Missingno.   Now, when switching between maps, encounter data will be replaced with the new map's encounter data.  This doesn't seem to happen between Viridian City and Cinnabar Island though.

Now, here's where the wierd part begins.  Out of either laziness or just resourcefulness of the Nintendo programmers, they decided to use the area of data where Encounter Data is stored in the RAM to temporarily change the main character's name to OLD MAN, keeping the player's real name stored in this memory area.  Normally, this wouldn't be a problem though, seeing that encounter data would be replaced.  Well, here's the problem.  Cinnabar's coast is STILL Cinnabar Island, there is NO encounter data, so when surfing along the coast, here's where the problemo arises.  After surfing for a while, it'll innitiate a battle using the encounter data thats stored.  Well, the encounter data is a player's name, so the only result is...MISSINGNO.

It's in all honestly a hex-error of some sort.  It is actaully fun to know that the MissingNo. Glitch could easily be compared to the Mew Glitch, with the Mew Glitch being a bit more precise in terms of screwing with hex data.

Anyone wanna ellaborate more, because I don't even full understand this.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Starrodkirby86

Sure...I'm just going to bark up random crap here. The Mew Glitch is just the more famous part of what actually is a real glitch. All it involves is the Gambler below nearby the Kanto Bikers (Which is east of Saffron to my knowledge). As you fly away from the Gambler, right before he notices you, he'll then notice you, and the game will think you are in a battle. Therefore, the start menu is disabled. Fighting a trainer will end this, but it'll generate a special Pokemon at this one area (Lavender in the case of the Mew Glitch). The trick is though, you can fight any trainer, not just the Youngster with the Slowpoke. It's all about values...that's all I know.

http://trsrockin.com has glitch information in an in-depth notion. I recommend you should see it.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I'll look into that a bit. I'm really interested in the Mew glitch, I was never able to reproduce it.

Quote from: Diokatsu on July 25, 2008, 06:00:29 pm

my pokemon won't stop displaying this :'(

That recolor is awesome.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

I tried it and its legit, although it messes up the game for a while, ended up catching it in the cartiage game.
You can also try it on the emulator but chances are your gonna 'gameshark' Mew

Blizzard

No, I meant that I didn't know about the Mew trick. Some say it's yet another MissingNo. in disguise, lol! It takes some time until it really turns into a Mew. Maybe that's why it messes up.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

It's not "really" a jacked up Mew, actually. It's just a Mew at the level of 7. I think all the Pokemon/Glitched Pokemon you can acquire from that method are Level 7. Who knows...Who knows...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

I've read a bit on that site, yes all pokemon are level 7.

Valcos

I found that glitch out when i was 6  :haha: My neighbour told me. You can get a couple other pokemon if you dont battle some battlers. I got a scyther,lapras, and a mew doing it :P and wasnt even past the second gym :^_^':
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

There is a glitch that allows you to skip Brock using the same pausing mechanism. All you need to do is once you're about to get noticed when you're going to Mt. Moon (The route that leads there), you press start and save. Reload, and the event will automatically trigger, but in the wrong area, and therefore, that person is gone. Check out the speed run of Blue version for details.

Valcos

Hmm never did a speed run before  :roll:. What was the fastest time it was done?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

The fastest time from the beginning to the end with the use of glitches is 1 hour and 26 minutes. Without the use, it should be around 2 hours. Now, before you get out your game note that the speed run was NOT done on an emulator and was done on the original console it is on (This case, the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Advance, or Player). Also note that you shouldn't get too cocky about thinking you're able to beat it. From what I've seen the person took days maybe even weeks to strategize a working plan, and even then it requires luck through the stats you obtain from the Wild Pokemon.

Valcos

Yeh, the fastest i beat it was 5 hours ish... but that wasnt on a speed run. Just a long trip in a car  :haha:. But I guess I'll think of a plan to do it. :ninja:
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

I haven't done a speed run on Pokemon before...sounds like fun, might do it on my Pearl Version though, just gotta send everything to my Diamond.  If I could find that damn silver version, I'd be easy set and if I had a fucking blue still or could find my red, I'd do it right now.

Last games I've speed run through I think were the original Legend of Zelda (37 minutes =3) and Resident Evil Director's Cut (47 minutes abusing the Baretta.  It may be one of the game's weaker weapons, but the combination of its speed and range compared to most guns in the games makes it fairly efficient, and the abundance of ammunition available for it).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

July 26, 2008, 09:36:35 pm #73 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:38:25 pm by Blizzard
I don't like speed runs, I like playing through the game 100% as fast as possible. i.e. I can beat Zelda 3 (all bottles, all 24 heart pieces) and Mario 64 (all 120 stars) in 5 hours each.

But I did play through once Ocarina of Time with only 3 hearts energy. Heck, that was hard against Ganon at the end. He has that attack that takes 4 heart energies. In other words I may be hit as many time as I have fairies in my bottles. >.<  I think I beat him at my first try, though.

Valcos

i still never beat mario 64... memory got erased :<_<: did u beat it on the n64?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Sure thing. Just as Zelda 3 on SNES and Zelda 5 on N64. I think I played Zelda 6 through with 3 hearts as well. O_o

Diokatsu

lol i played there ocarina with no damage at all last month...damn hard....

i never beat mario....it was just boring after the snow lvl :)

and the first SSB remains at the top due to it's lack of uber characters