[SOLVED] Help, With Lock Box with random code

Started by Siffers, January 31, 2012, 11:10:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Siffers

January 31, 2012, 11:10:32 am Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:38:43 am by Lunar_Fennec
I know how to make a chest that requires a combination to open, but I want to stop players from learning the code once and always knowing the code. Is there a way I can make the code random and be able to have an NPC give the code to the player?

Blizzard

Yes. You can generate a random value in a variable and let the NPC tell the player the value of that variable using \v[VARIABLE_ID] in a message. When you let the player enter a code, compare the variable you used for the code with the one containing randomly generated one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Siffers

January 31, 2012, 12:26:41 pm #2 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:30:38 pm by Lunar_Fennec
Thank you ^^
Glad I finally found someone who can help me.

EDIT:
This is off topic, but I'm having some problems with your Easy Overdrive System.
When I try to use an Overdrive I get this error with Tons of Addons:

Spoiler: ShowHide

I have no idea how to do any kind of scripting, so I'm at a loss of what to do >.<

Blizzard

Make sure you have the newest version and make sure that you are starting a new game. After you add the script, old save games won't work anymore.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Siffers

I got each script from the Script Database and I haven't used any save games.
Are the scripts in the database not up to date?

Blizzard

No, they are all up to date. I thought you may have been using an older version.
Are your scripts in the right order? http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0

Siffers

January 31, 2012, 01:20:21 pm #6 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:27:19 pm by Lunar_Fennec
I just reorganized them and it still brought up the same error.

EDIT:
I disabled Skill Separation in TOA2 and Overdrive worked fine, are they not compatible?

Blizzard

They should be, but there may be a conflict. You probably shouldn't try to use them for the same skills.

Siffers

January 31, 2012, 01:47:39 pm #8 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:56:15 pm by Lunar_Fennec
Okay, thanks again for the help ^^

EDIT:
If you get the chance to look into it a bit more it would be much appreciated.
I have a Blue Mage and it would be nice to keep his skills separated from learned monster skills.

Blizzard

Well, I can't promise anything because I have retired from RMXP almost 2 years ago. :P

Siffers